[LTD] MF-L Gravity Perseus B:D

:: MF-L Gravity Perseus B:D ::

This combo seems to be popular enough to deserve its own thread. I've seen it placed in most, if not all Limited format tournament so far. Well, lets get right into it!

The Concept
Well, it's a spin equalizer. Gravity's dual spin feature helps a lot. It can OS a wide variety of combos.

MF-L was used because in my opinion, it's the best metal face custom mode to use stamina wise. Gravity was used for its dual spin ability and spin stealing, B:D was used because its one of the best tracks to use for spin equalization because of its free spinning gimmick.

Tests
Stamina Testing (Click to View)

Balance Testing (Click to View)

Defense Testing (Click to View)

Attack Testing (Click to View)

Well, it's a great combo! Post your tests please! These took awhile, haha.
Guess I'll post the few tests I did in the Gravity Discussion in here.
These were done with MF-M instead of MF-L because I was using it part-for-part from one of th!nk's posts.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher W145WD

Gravity: 9 Wins (3 KO, 6 SO)
Earth: 1 Wins (0 KO, 1 SO)
2 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 90%
Round-by-round Results:
I decided to test this combo because I recall th!nk talking about it in one of his posts (can't remember which, my bad). I was getting annoyed with how easily Gravity was getting throw around, honestly. There were several times that Gravity was almost KO'ed by Earth, that's actually how Earth got its only SO, Gravity was wall-saved so hard it didn't even have enough spin to stay upright. When I get my Metal Fury Phantom, I'll be interested to see how this does.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher 230WD

Gravity: 10 Wins (2 KO, 8 SO)
Earth: 0 Wins (0 KO, 0 SO)
0 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 100%
Round-by-round Results:
Gravity was at a good enough height to destabilize Earth very easily, and it won by sleep-out convincingly, with it easily having 5 or 6 full rotations left.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Left Spin) vs. MF-L Earth Gasher 85WD

Gravity: 6 Wins (5 KO, 1 SO)
Earth: 14 Wins (3 KO, 11 SO)
1 Draw
Gravity Win Rate: 30%
Round-by-round Results:
When the battle slow down it seemed that B:D worked against Gravity by it not being able to make the contact needed to win the battle. As you might have noticed in the results, Gravity mainly had to get the KO or else Earth won by sleep-out.

MF-M Gravity Perseus B:D (Right Spin) vs. MF-L Meteo L-Drago 100EWD

Gravity: 3 Wins (3 KO, 0 SO)
Meteo: 7 Wins (1 KO, 6 SO)
5 Draws
Gravity Win Rate: 30%
Round-by-round Results:
I wanted to do this battle to see if B:D helped it in right spin to beat Meteo. Like the battle before, Gravity relied on KO to beat a lower opponent, so a LTSC might be an effective counter. Keep in mind, Gravity destroys Meteo in left spin vs. left spin, however I didn't want to wear down my EWD because of the following tests.
It seems to have trouble versus quite a large variety of different low track customs. I'm guessing because it doesn't make as much contact that most spin equalizers do. I couldn't KO anything with this unfortuantely, haha, so I didn't have much of a chance getting a KO against those low opponents, even if I banked deeply with the weirdest angled launch ever LOL.
This combo has been placing alot, but if it even gets near attack (i could imagine other stuff could knock this around easy too); it's fudged. Could someone compare this to gravity w145ewd( try them both against the same combo.)?
Why compare it to that exactly? Gravity on a stamina setup like that I wouldn't expect to do good. A track like TR145 sounds interesting with it though. On topic, My EWD is pretty worn anyways. And well yeah, attack would kill it, bury it, dig it up, kill it again, and burn the remains.
EWD works nicely for spin stealing (though as you're usually going to be in left, I don't think W145 makes much sense), but B: D is much better at weak launching because it keeps spinning at much lower RPMs, and weak launching is a big part of what makes gravity spin stealers so annoying to deal with, because unlike stamina types you can't launch defense types aggressively to KO them (heck, Libra anti-attack struggles to KO gravity BGrin if your RF is past its prime in my experience) - basically, B: D seems a little harder to KO than EWD just because it can be safely launched much weaker than EWD.

FWIW, this combo does generally lose to stamina types that use EWD instead of WD (with a good EWD and a ~7 Min spin time on my B: D in phantom orion B: D), but I really don't have the patience to sit through 20 rounds of spin equalising battles to post formal tests on that.

EDIT: Oh, the above all refers to this combo with the Stamina version of the Perseus clear wheel (which is definitely superior, but again, I don't have formal tests), and also I am not a fan of MF-L at all, that weight is still very centered so it certainly isn't increasing your stamina, and it's not as centred as MF-M or MF-H so it's not increasing your ability to maintain high RPM.

dragon King: from informal testing B: D wins because it has a height advantage in that matchup, if they're in opposite spin (probably same spin too because B: D seems to do well against 145 in general, but in that case it'll come down to who gets the most wall saves tbh). Again though, no formal testing because I really don't have the patience to sit through spin steal battles for 20 rounds (did I mention that I don't have the patience for formal spin stealer tests yet because I don't have the patience for formal spin stealer tests.)
(Jan. 01, 2014  10:00 AM)Tri Wrote: Why compare it to that exactly? Gravity on a stamina setup like that I wouldn't expect to do good. A track like TR145 sounds interesting with it though. On topic, My EWD is pretty worn anyways. And well yeah, attack would kill it, bury it, dig it up, kill it again, and burn the remains.

I chose it because it is similar to this combo, yet wouldn't get knocked around as easily. AD145 might do better (w145 gets knocked over more easily, but it might just be me.), I don't see why TR145........it's better on attack combos, No? Well, EWD was kinda the heart of it, but WD could be used, it wouldn't be as good though.......

EDIT: I didn't see th!nk's post. but yeah , I wasn't thinking when I chose W145 since Gravity is dual-directional (not sure if it W145 would help gravity in left spin but probaly not). AD145 would probaly be better.

EDIT 2: @ Think's post below me: your probaly right, I'm just trying to see if there are other gravity stamina combos (Didn't think of LTSCs, that would probaly do good) that do similar but have better defence than this.
Mm, well as I mentioned, a good B: D actually takes hits better because it can safely be launched much weaker than EWD, so you get an extra hit or two before you're at a high enough RPM for them to practically KO you (by which point they're usually not going fast enough to do so). If you don't weak launch then there's no reason to use (non-F230, at least) spin stealers over stamina. For EWD, personally I like CH120 for its versatility, probably the main reason I'd use it over B: D on a spin-stealer, really, as Gravity B: D kinda struggles against LTSC from what I've seen.

Also, FWIW I get very good results with MF-M Gravity Perseus (Stamina) B: D vs Earth on __145WD, so it might just be that the bearing in yours (Tri) hasn't been worn in or is just not very free spinning etc (which is the entire cause of the different spin times people get (aka if anyone calls them "molds" in this thread I will be very unhappy). That of course means it can improve with wearing in but tip wear in the process /is/ a problem and methods to avoid that, though hard to detect, are considered illegal modification). Or the fact you're using the regular/defense CW instead of stamina. Maybe I will do some tests some time, but right now I don't hate myself quite enough to sit through that.
Sorry if I'm laboring the point, but I get the feeling that a lot of people who don't think spin stealers are all that strong (read: people who don't think they make at least non-EWD stamina combos (and even those in the case of F230CF) entirely superfluous) just aren't using them right, so I figure the more times I spell it out the more likely people are to realise how ridiculous these things are haha.
Wow my combo got a thread (it was one of my winning combos from the first limited tournament). I never realized it did good in other tournaments to. Anything you want me test Tri? This is when I wish I saved all those old testings I did.