[LTD] MF-F Libra TH170MF

=-=-=-=-=-= MF-F Libra TH170MF =-=-=-=-=-=
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

My goodness, I haven't done one of these in 5 months! Well, let's roll.

The Concept: (Click to View)

Parts Choice: (Click to View)

The Launch (Click to View)

Overall, I totally love this custom. It's one of the most versatile Balance combinations I've seen so far in Limited Format. You can be sure I'll be using this in competition sometime soon.

Thanks for reading guys! Post comments, questions, and test results (especially results against Attack customs; testing against Attack is of the utmost priority at the moment)!

WARNING: Testing this custom (especially against Stamina) will wear down the underside contact points of your Libra Wheel extremely quickly. I pretty much wrecked my Libra testing this custom, actually (and broke one of my Earth Metal Wheels). The lengths I go to test for you people...
Pretty good results, awesome work, dude!

The tests with the low track Lightning variants did kind of surprise me; such a slight change of track height made a pretty big difference! Interesting, I'll try do do some comparison testings.

Anyhow, I'll try to conduct some testings tomorrow, possibly even throw in a video. Again, great work, Black Dragon; if only school wasn't there to get in the way of making more testing threads, haha. Smile
@[TheBlackDragon]: Awesome man! Can you test this setup against MF-L Libra B : D and Burn Cygnus W145WD?
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:17 PM)Shido Wrote: Pretty good results, awesome work, dude!

The tests with the low track Lightning variants did kind of surprise me; such a slight change of track height made a pretty big difference! Interesting, I'll try do do some comparison testings.

Anyhow, I'll try to conduct some testings tomorrow, possibly even throw in a video. Again, great work, Black Dragon; if only school wasn't there to get in the way of making more testing threads, haha. Smile

Thanks!

That would be awesome. A video would be even better, if you have the time.

Ugh, school; you have no idea how much I'm enjoying Christmas Break, haha.

Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:@[TheBlackDragon]: Awesome man! Can you test this setup against MF-L Libra B : D and Burn Cygnus W145WD?

Unfortunately, I can't do Libra vs. Libra. :\ I would test against Burn, but after seeing the results against Earth I doubt Libra would have any trouble with it.
Well this is an interesting custom, to say the least. Could you do some tests against MF-L Burn Cygnus 85MF and MF-H L-Drago Guardian F230GCF?
My reasons are:
-85MF like you said is harder to hit because it's a moving target, and it could use its shortness to its advantage by avoiding metal on metal contact. It would come down to who has more Stamina, but since stationary Stamina doesn't seem to work this could have a shot.

-When you beat Meteo, you used 170, so you hit it from the recoily underside. I'm just curious to see how that would fare against LDG who is heavier, doesn't overhang like Meteo, and has the rubber on its underside.

I'd do these myself but I only have one MF and didn't pick up a Spark FX LDG.
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:55 PM)Wombat Wrote: Well this is an interesting custom, to say the least. Could you do some tests against MF-L Burn Cygnus 85MF and MF-H L-Drago Guardian F230GCF?
My reasons are:
-85MF like you said is harder to hit because it's a moving target, and it could use its shortness to its advantage by avoiding metal on metal contact. It would come down to who has more Stamina, but since stationary Stamina doesn't seem to work this could have a shot.

-When you beat Meteo, you used 170, so you hit it from the recoily underside. I'm just curious to see how that would fare against LDG who is heavier, doesn't overhang like Meteo, and has the rubber on its underside.

Excellent idea. I'll have them up soon.
I don't know why, but I think maybe some 230 based defense combos can beat this tank.
Kinda curious, how much does using MF-H instead of MF-F change the stall time?
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:13 PM)Tri Wrote: Kinda curious, how much does using MF-H instead of MF-F change the stall time?

I couldn't give you like an exact time, but it's pretty bad. I wouldn't recommend using MF-H in any situation, really (unless you're positive you're going against an Attack custom, but at that point you should just use Libra/Scythe CH120RF or something anyway).
Just got some tests done MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145RF, comparing heights.

MF-F Libra TH170MF versus MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145RF
Libra Launched First all Matches • Theif Phoenic Crystal Mode Up • RF in its Prime
Libra TH170: 8/10 (5 OS, 3 KO) 80% Win Rate
Theif Phoenic: 2/10 (ALL KO) 20% Win Rate

MF-F Libra TH190MF versus MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145RF
Libra Launched First all Matches • Theif Phoenic Crystal Mode Up • RF in its Prime
Libra TH190: 7/10 (6 OS, 1 KO) 70% Win Rate
Theif Phoenic: 3/10 (ALL KO) 30% Win Rate

MF-F Libra TH1220MF versus MSF-H Theif Phoenic H145RF
Libra TH220: 8/10 (7 OS, 1 KO) 80% Win Rate
Theif Phoenic: 2/10 (ALL KO) 20% Win Rate

Really not much of a difference between heights these matches, whatsoever.

Libra TH170 managed to get slightly more KOs than Libra TH190 and Libra TH220, while those two got less. I do find more or less OSs or KOs than one another in this case to be kind of coincidental, though. :\
Results against MF-H L-Drago Guardian F230GCF added to the OP. Sorry they're a little late.

I tried to do testing vs. MF-L Burn Cygnus 85MF, but I found out that my second MF has a manufacturing flaw and the actual metal rod is sticking out from the plastic piece diagonally. I checked, and sure enough, whichever custom used the defective MF lost. :\ Honestly, it was so bad I couldn't tell you anything from the few rounds I did test. If somebody else could try the same matchup, that would be great.

Thanks Shido; glad to see somebody else is getting great results against Attack (I actually talked to Thunder Dome yesterday, and he said that he was getting impressive numbers against Attack as well).
Interesting. I was finding similar results with defensive types customs with MF. MF is probably my favourite performance tip. I as well can't seem to find a custom like this (balance) that can beat Lightning L-Drago. It's attack power combined with it's life steal seems to beat most things I throw at it.

I would think some tests against anti-attack customs, some more defense customs, and Pegasis customs would be good. I can do some of these, but I don't own a TH170, though I do own lots of high tracks.
And, I am back with some testing!

I used Libra 160 MF, and what I found terrifies me to my very core. I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

Attack

Stamina

Defense

Balance

I tornado stalled against both Lightning L-Dragos, Omega, and Earth 90 RSF. I banked against Pegasis and Earth W145 WD.

This combo is devastating. I can't think of anything that can beat it. My best idea was a pure stamina combo, but it still lost enough that winning a tournament match with it has a chance of 2% (I ran a simulation with the percentages). This means, that this combo can only be beaten by itself. While I applaud you for not only finding a perfectly balanced bey, and making such an amazing combo, I am afraid of what you have released into the Limited format.

I am not sure why you had so much trouble against Lightning, but mine did perfectly fine against it, as long as it was stalling. It did good banking as well, but did better stalling.

Oh, and how did you get the spoiler without it saying "Spoiler" ?
Code:
[spoiler="Text here"]
Blah blah blah.
[/spoiler]