LONDON, UK -- Autumn Attack, Regents Park, November 14th

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: autumnactioncopy.png]

Autumn Attack
14th November
London, Regents Park
Meeting Spot: The Boathouse Cafe
12:00pm - 3:30pm

Regents Park has been the location for the last few WBO tournaments, and we've found it to be a good location, yet we felt a change was in order.
The previous location was difficult for a lot of people to find, and was poorly located which made access to food and toilet facilities difficult.
The new location will be The Boathouse Cafe.

The attached map should help you to find the location:
http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/regents_park/

The Boathouse Cafe is marked as number 5, and is heavily sign posted through out the park.
It is also marked as number 5 on all maps within the park.

We'll me meeting outside the Boathouse Cafe at 12:00, and move to an area of nearby grass at 1:00 to start the tournament. The tournament will most probably go on until around 3:30, yet it could go on for less, or possibly longer.

We will be around for a period of time after the tournament, but probably not for a lot longer since the park will be pretty much pitch black by 4:30/5:00.

We'd recommend traveling to the event from Baker Street station, as it's closest to the event.

The tournament style will be block round robin, since this worked well at the last event.

The main tournament will be MFB only, but free battles will allow plastic and HMS as usual.

Items we'd recommend for you to bring would include a hooded coat or jacket in case of rain, possibly an umbrella, and layers such as jumpers and scarves (as the weather will be taking a colder turn by the time of the tournament).

We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys.

This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other peoples.
This would not be a problem, but more than half the blades that have been lent out to people have either come back damaged from improper use, or not come back at all (as those who visited expo will know).
Obviously this has made people a lot more reluctant to lend out their own beys.

The entry fee will be the same as usual, free with a blader passport (£6 to buy), or £3 otherwise, and as usual there is no age restriction.

We hope you'll be interested in this tournament, and enjoy it as you have done with previous tournaments.

Attending:
Theflightyellz
♥
BLaDeZ
Clara6661
cutewolfsam
LeeDraciel
revertedtozero
Zer00t
TowelTerror

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Will you be attending Autumn Attack?

Yes
66.67%
Possibly, I'll get back to you
11.11%
No
22.22%
Total: 100% 9 vote(s)
@ Reverted: There isn't any specific age limit to Judge.
It just makes a lot more sense for people who have been playing this game essentially since it started, and who are known on the forum as reliable members of the community to judge and host tournaments.

@ BLaDeZ: There are still nine fixed members who will definitely be attending at this current point, members such as Blitz and Ash have been a maybe since the beginning and were never put on the confirmed attending list.
What doesn't help is people continuously saying that people will drop out, since this in turn causes people to drop out under the impression that the tournament is doomed to fail.
It'd be appreciated if you stopped.

The double of your name has been removed from the list.
Yeah ellz and i have been playing beyblade ever since it came out i had a whole collection of beys but i lost interest and my mum has either put it in the loft or binned them all.
Lets do a little test.
With Rocky, or any other admins permission, I'd like to give this tournament to revertedtozero as host.
cutewolfsam, LeeDraciel, and revertedtozero will be judges, and in turn take on the duties of event runners.
This includes collecting in entrance fees from members for the tournament, sending them back to the WBO, and running the tournament.
All judges will be expected to know the WBO rulebook back to front, and you'll need to read the WBO tournament guide as well.
ughhhhhhhhhhh
@ Yellz, actually, i've been blading with Hasbro since early 2002 (when it came out)
I was a fan of beyblade in the early 2000's so i knew abit. I can even remember the first blade I got.. it was a Dragoon Storm.. I was so hyped. I got a metal ball draciel after and my Driger F AR broke. I've still got the BB. Yeah, then I started learning abit about it. After a while i quit my self, then came back. I don't even know where my old Hasbro beyblades are. Now to move on to takara; I now get Takara blades. I mean, i'm only young too (11), probaly younger than Sam I guess. That is not to point out that I am not an experienced blader. But for a tournament like this (MFB) i'm not experienced. I guess i've always been attached to plastic blades from day 1. And also, i'm not trying to be too negative it's just that sly fear of the thing going kaboom. Let's just hope nothing goes wrong.
Ok this is going to end in disaster, i will happily do it just to prove a point as i seem to be getting dragged into an arguement that i wasn't part of. All i said was i would be happy to help judge if numbers were low, i know the rules and im a little more muture with alot of tournement experience so should be an obvious back up but if everyone is happy with the arranments then lets go for it, i can clearly see brad is not pleased, but you have my word i will get all money to the appropriate place

sam and reverts what do you say then, as much i seem like i am a guini pig right now
this is pathetic

close the wbo

you guys never know when to stop complaining
Sure i don't mind being a judge.
Brad: i wasn't complaining i was just saying i wouldn't mind being a judge.
(Nov. 02, 2009  8:37 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Lets do a little test.
With Rocky, or any other admins permission, I'd like to give this tournament to revertedtozero as host.
cutewolfsam, LeeDraciel, and revertedtozero will be judges, and in turn take on the duties of event runners.
This includes collecting in entrance fees from members for the tournament, sending them back to the WBO, and running the tournament.
All judges will be expected to know the WBO rulebook back to front, and you'll need to read the WBO tournament guide as well.

This is for your lulz, right? You can't be that serious, heh heh heh? I'll... try my best, but trust me, you don't know how nervous I am right now.
(Nov. 02, 2009  8:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: this is pathetic

close the wbo

you guys never know when to stop complaining

My point exactly, can everyone stop acting like children, things were fine, all because people keep moaning
(Nov. 02, 2009  8:51 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: Can everyone stop acting like children, things were fine, all because people keep moaning

Dude, i'm not moaning. I'm actually AFRAID i'll screw this up if ellz is that serious about this experiment of his.
(Nov. 02, 2009  8:50 PM)revertedtozero Wrote: This is for your lulz, right? You can't be that serious, heh heh heh? I'll... try my best, but trust me, you don't know how nervous I am right now.

No, I'm being deadly serious.
From the moment that Rocky dropped out, none of you have done anything but moan and complain about this tournament.

I'm currently so snowed under with work at uni I honestly shouldn't even be doing this, 5 out of 7 days I'm usually at uni from 8 am - 6 pm, Sundays I work 10.30 - 4.30 leaving Saturday as my only free day which I'd put aside to run this tournament.

If you feel that you can run the tournament in the way that you want to run the tournament while complying with WBO rules, then that's fine by me as long as it's fine with the moderators.
(Nov. 02, 2009  8:56 PM)revertedtozero Wrote: Dude, i'm not moaning. I'm actually AFRAID i'll screw this up if ellz is that serious about this experiment of his.

If you are afriad then it shouldn't be left in your hands at all
Okay okay, stop yamming at Yellz like pigs?
And Lee, Sam and Reverted, stick to the plan Yellz has given you. You should be more than happy to be judges but not by arguing over the back-ups. Your here to discuss the tournament formats and stuff, not to be upset or debate about the decisions made.
Do you really think this type of behaviour is really going to convince Brad, Rocky or any Moderator, that your the right guys, because right now its not looking that way!
(Nov. 02, 2009  8:57 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: No, I'm being deadly serious.
From the moment that Rocky dropped out, none of you have done anything but moan and complain about this tournament.
If you feel that you can run the tournament in the way that you want to run the tournament while complying with WBO rules, then that's fine by me as long as it's fine with the moderators.

Dude, i only posted once between Rocky dropping out and your proposal, man. This isn't something i wanted to bring up onto myself

(Nov. 02, 2009  9:01 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Okay okay, stop yamming at Yellz like pigs?
And Lee, Sam and Reverted, stick to the plan Yellz has given you. You should be more than happy to be judges but not by arguing over the back-ups. Your here to discuss the tournament formats and stuff, not to be upset or debate about the decisions made.
Do you really think this type of behaviour is really going to convince Brad, Rocky or any Moderator, that your the right guys, because right now its not looking that way!

(Nov. 02, 2009  8:58 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: If you are afriad then it shouldn't be left in your hands at all

(Looks at both posts with enough dignity and respect in himself to stop whining and grow a pair)

You guys make such a damn good persuation, i'm actually going to ignore my mum's advice to drop out and start working on this big time. Now where in the world is my danish?
argh, screw this im definately not coming

Please...stop complaining and get on with it, mohammed, what could go wrong? If not enough people turn up you can just do freebattles. Tongue_out
(Nov. 02, 2009  9:01 PM)revertedtozero Wrote: Dude, i only posted once between Rocky dropping out and your proposal, man. This isn't something i wanted to bring up onto myself

(Looks at both posts with enough dignity and respect in himself to stop whining and grow a pair)

You guys make such a damn good persuation, i'm actually going to ignore my mum's advice to drop out and start working on this big time. Now where in the world is my danish?

I like your persevearance. You do have alot on your back, so why don't you give it a go. Eee
Nobody from the WBO Committee has approved Reverted to run this (and I can only hope they won't).
Thats fair enough but i will do it if not, Rocky, Blitz and Me managed fine at the Expo so i no what i am doing, i just don't want this to mess up for the people who are looking forward to it and have no part in this
Brad, I know they haven't, but I'm explaining to him that him saying "I'm scared, I'm Afraid" really brings down his effort. Now he's all getting prepared for this.
You do realise he's gonna be extra ticked to hear your against him!
Lee, i'm a bloody prime example. I'm sick of the moaning. I say people need to get a grip.. and stop being stubborn.
I'm going to say the same thing to you all that I pm'd to reverted.
I personally don't feel that any of you are experienced enough to run a tournament, but it'd seem that more or less everyone in this thread seems to believe that they'd do a better job.
So I'm letting them.
Not because I think it's the right thing to do, but I think that it's what you all want.

Lee, you weren't pulled in to the debate on purpose it just makes sense to have you as a judge or backup judge either way.
If this thing does happen, I'd want at least one older member judging.
Personally, I would seriously consider postponing this event. Meanwhile, it is necessary to get in touch with all the people you said were interested at the Expo.
AAAH! The event might be postponed? This makes matters even worse...
i am 20 years old and have been running tournaments for six years and running a tournament is, for me, still quite difficult. it's perhaps because i have a very high standard of quality but it's naive to act like it's so easy to do
(Nov. 02, 2009  9:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i am 20 years old and have been running tournaments for six years and running a tournament is, for me, still quite difficult. it's perhaps because i have a very high standard of quality but it's naive to act like it's so easy to do

I no its not easy, i never said it was, all i said was im happy to fill in as people can't make it as i have slightly more experience than other members who are asking to judge and host tournements, i can't believe this is getting so out of hand