Knives

Hi I know some of us here collect these and here is where you post pics collections ect ect.

Most of the stuff I buy is Colt throwing knives I love the sound stainless Steel makes when it digs into a wooden surface.
YAY! I've been into the hobby for quite a while. Anyone here on the forums (bladeforums, knifeforums, USN etc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLkXiWK6S24

I've spent far too much money on this hobby. Hence my beysales LOL.
Ive been a "Knife Nut " since by Dad to me to Somalia back in 07 and I saw some beautifully crafted throwers and flickers.

Thanks. Some of these are pricey so proper storage is necessary.
I just Keep them in my Fire box at home and when I was transporting them I use a poker case
You can't go wrong with a good Victorinox.

Honestly they have one of the most consistent quality control in the industry. Always have a vic classic on my keys. I'm contemplating on trying some throwing knives. Might try those later.

Ever try brands like spyderco, benchmade?
My bro has a couple Military Spyder co's but I've not got any idea about benchmade I'll ask him later.
I have to be honest : I know it is nothing offensive, but I am not sure if we should have a thread about knives on a Beyblade message board with kids everywhere, hah.
It is up to you and I would hold nothing against you if you want to close it. You reasoning is fair. Smile

If this were to stay open it would have to remain on the collecting aspect of it.
I agree with Khel , Kai-V its cool if you want to close this thread its up to you the point of this thread is to discuss the collecting and stuff but I can see how it could escalate to
" I bourght mah shanka to da club and den we got in a slangin match den I shanked da foo "
Last weekend was the Canadian Knifemakers Guild show. It was a fantastic opportunity to see what many custom knifemakers had to offer. Custom knives are a whole different ball game, and many are more art than tool. Hand forged knives, Damascus, exotic inlays (ex. mammoth ivory). Our shows are nowhere near the scale of those in the US it was great to see some artisans work.

Unfortunately the nice ones are pricey. Unhappy
(Oct. 28, 2010  6:30 PM)Moss Wrote: " I bourght mah shanka to da club and den we got in a slangin match den I shanked da foo "
That was pretty funny and if you look in low enough places u can find a swicth blade that is the finest u will ever see.
I am still on Entry Level knives because, well, some of us need to focus on important money during school.

Yes, I do have a small collection of knives, the first one being a Gerber multitool DO NOT BY CHINESE KNIVES. The second one is a buck 305 Lancer. Third is a Case knife my stepdads sister gave to me, the fourth is a brushed aluminum version of the same brand. Fourth is a Buck QUICKFIRE blade, you know, those types of knives with a super fast opening design.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also have a mini classic swiss army knife. Clear black.
(Oct. 29, 2010  12:50 PM)REtread Wrote: I am still on Entry Level knives because, well, some of us need to focus on important money during school.

Yes, I do have a small collection of knives, the first one being a Gerber multitool DO NOT BY CHINESE KNIVES. The second one is a buck 305 Lancer. Third is a Case knife my stepdads sister gave to me, the fourth is a brushed aluminum version of the same brand. Fourth is a Buck QUICKFIRE blade, you know, those types of knives with a super fast opening design.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also have a mini classic swiss army knife. Clear black.

we all start somewhere. There are a lot of good quality knives available under $50USD. Spyderco Tenacious/Persistence, Ontario Rat-1, some of the Buck Vantage series etc.

Once some deals for beys go through I can get that. I already know what I want for christmas

http://www.northwestknifecompany.com/pro...m-jig-bone

I've got a good start on modern knives and this looks like a nice departure. Plus I can't afford another strider/hinderer atm. It's that toothpick or a set of japanese waterstones

(Oct. 28, 2010  4:19 PM)Moss Wrote: My bro has a couple Military Spyder co's but I've not got any idea about benchmade I'll ask him later.

I've got one Spyderco Military and it's fantastic. I've got a total of 5 different spydercos atm. Personally I like their stuff over Benchmade but that's more a question of taste. I do have one Benchmade 710.
I just bought one of these. I think I'm getting into traditional folders

http://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-c...-wood1.gif

That pic isn't great. I've seen another person's with Ebony wood, and it is much nicer in person.
Just found out there is a store near my home that sells some luxury vixtorinoxes.
I prefer guns over knives but I have quite a collection of swords if those even count as knives? i used to love them when i was a kid now i just dont know why. but heck everbody has to have some form of hobby.

the funny part is my fave kind of knife is the one i used for fleshing i loved the way it handled then i broke it.......i was mad.

eh sorry for the randomness hope this is still on topic?
Just got a Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese Folder with a Krein regrind. It literally is as sharp as a straight razor.
Lucky My purchases have dried up recently due to school Birthdays ect
I have a butter knife ^^

But seriously, Khel and I have the same knife. Referring to the Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese Folder with a Krein regrind. Too lazy to type it myself. Copy and paste = WIN!!
I don't have the money to collect them, hut I have plent of favorites. I prefer larger knives, like the 7in Kabar fighting knife, and khukuri knives. I do like some of Gerber's smaller knives though. Hopefully, when I'm in the military I'll have enough extra cash to pick some up.
my collection of knives or bladed weapons is primairaly consisting of martial arts weapons not to mention some non bladed weapons. but he bladed ones would be: a classic shuriken, a iaito, a wakazashi, a scottish dirk, a kodachi, and a flip Knife with a dragon on it.
(Dec. 10, 2010  2:32 AM)littlechipz Wrote: I have a butter knife ^^

But seriously, Khel and I have the same knife. Referring to the Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese Folder with a Krein regrind. Too lazy to type it myself. Copy and paste = WIN!!

Really?! What other spydies you got? I don't recall Krein modding that many of them.

There was a USN (a knife forum) meet yesterday at a Sushi place in Brampton. A fellow knife collector friend of mine knows the manager there. About 10 of us met there and we were all laying out our gear (knives, multitools, flashlights etc.) on the table. We literally had about $4000 to $6000 worth of stuff at the table and no one batted an eye. The manager was totally chill with it and was also interested.

That same friend let me borrow his well used Chris Reeve Large Regular Sebenza with BG-42 steel to try and get a feel for it. Long discontinued this beast easily gets $400 USD new.

Last year was even crazier with a sword maker bringing his stuff to show. Too bad I missed that.
These are from last year. Which was more epic.Wish I was there [Image: standard.jpg]

The manager enjoying it

[Image: standard.jpg]
guns, knives, swords?? WHAT IS THIS THE 21st CENTURY?