Kaboom!!!'s Khaotic Birthday Bash [Virginia Beach, VA, USA] (1-20-13)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey everybody!Tongue_out Its time for two important things.....

1.) My birthday!GrinXD

2.) Another awesome tournament!!!!Tongue_out

I thought about it and talked to other people to see what was up and people seemed pretty thrilled to make this happen.... well, some people were at least.XD Anyway... this tournament has been approved so lets get it started and find more friends to come out and blade with us!!

Venue: Comic Book Heaven. Virginia Beach, VA http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=...&mkt=en-US
Format: MFB (we'll be using BB-10s)
Date: January 20th, 2013
Tournament Rules/ Regulations: http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf
YES, there is a store entree fee of $5. That does not count the tournament entree fee of $5 ( Your looking at a total of $10 )

The tournament will be starting at 1:00pm sharp so be there on time! Preferably about noon. No outside food or drinks are aloud in the store. No smoking and no profanity inside or outside the store. Here are the attendees:

Confirmed:

1.) Kaboom!!!
2.) WeirdWins
3.) Gabe DG
3.) Jurui22
4.) DrPepsidew
5.) Bazooka
6.) shadowblader00
7.) GirlRayStriker
8.) DarkBullDude
9.) ZoraBlader
10.) BeybladeMan2613

Maybes:

1.) Insane
2.) DranzWolf
3.) sushiblade99
4.) CandySoda
5.) WordsofSand

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Awesome, has Insane or any of the other maybes given any word on if they're coming or not?
Booyah sounds like another good event
Pruebame- I know right! Grin

DrPepsidew- Nope. But I believe DranzWolf will show up this time.
I guess you can put me on the maybes. I'll come if someone can get me there. Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.........on the 20th!
Wait, 1:00 PM? EST time zone, correct?
(Jan. 07, 2013  12:23 AM)sushiblade99 Wrote: I guess you can put me on the maybes. I'll come if someone can get me there. Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.........on the 20th!

Yes. EST time. and your coming all the way from NY? Also thanks Grin My birthday is on the 19th but we had to make an exception for a friend. haha

*Cough Cough* Bazooka *Cough Cough* Wink
(Jan. 07, 2013  12:42 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2013  12:23 AM)sushiblade99 Wrote: I guess you can put me on the maybes. I'll come if someone can get me there. Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.........on the 20th!

Yes. EST time. and your coming all the way from NY? Also thanks Grin My birthday is on the 19th but we had to make an exception for a friend. haha

Yeah, Bazooka better be freaking happy XD
Add CandySoda to the maybe list.
(Jan. 07, 2013  1:29 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2013  12:42 AM)Kaboom!!! Wrote:

Yeah, Bazooka better be freaking happy XD
Add CandySoda to the maybe list.
Lol. I know right xD but it's all good. Grin You know what they, "Bros before..............hobos" xDWink

New to the beyblade scene here in Virginia Beach. I was "state" champion in WV, and OH back in '04 i think it was?

Anywho, I was hoping perhaps, I could come to this event, and learn a few things. I am also a Pokemon TCG player, so my attendance is going to be dependent on how well I do at pokemon regionals on the 19th.

If anyone could maybe PM me with a little more information as to where this event will be held (as I've never heard of this shop before.), I would really appreciate it!
(Jan. 08, 2013  5:17 AM)wordsofsand Wrote: New to the beyblade scene here in Virginia Beach. I was "state" champion in WV, and OH back in '04 i think it was?

Anywho, I was hoping perhaps, I could come to this event, and learn a few things. I am also a Pokemon TCG player, so my attendance is going to be dependent on how well I do at pokemon regionals on the 19th.

If anyone could maybe PM me with a little more information as to where this event will be held (as I've never heard of this shop before.), I would really appreciate it!
Sure thing! Ill pm you asap. If you can make it your also welcome to bring more friends.
Welcome Wordsofsand. The competition here is pretty good. Bring your A game and Good luck
Can we please have a map if possible?
(Jan. 09, 2013  5:05 AM)Insane Wrote: Can we please have a map if possible?

I will update the OP soon with a link to the rules and regulations along with a map of the venue. Let me know if something is wrong with either the link or the location. I got the link from their Facebook page.
I can sell/trade some light launcher 2 and compact launchers when I'm there. If anyone doesn't know, those launchers are VERY good. See you guys there! XD
If someone wouldn't mind too terribly much, could someone explain this "Format" you are speaking of in the OP's post?
(Jan. 11, 2013  5:50 AM)wordsofsand Wrote: If someone wouldn't mind too terribly much, could someone explain this "Format" you are speaking of in the OP's post?

MFB or Metal Fight Beyblade is Metal Fusion, Fury, Masters, 4D, Zero-G, etc. Just all of those in a BB-10 stadium.
You'll be fine. (No Plastics)
Understood. I'm good on both end, be it metal or plastic. I was just concerned that it was a certain style of fusion ring or something that I may not have.
(Jan. 11, 2013  1:20 AM)Bazooka Wrote: I can sell/trade some light launcher 2 and compact launchers when I'm there. If anyone doesn't know, those launchers are VERY good. See you guys there! XD

Do you have any R2Fs for sale?? I really need one possible two. To be honest I probably need a couple things off of you for sale or possibly trade.

*Could you bring your BB-10. Mine was fine but its slowly falling apart....*
Ayyy guys. It's not a huge issue but I talked to Mr.Eric yesterday (store owner of Comic Book Heaven) and he informed me they aren't open on sundays. He normally doesn't charge a store fee but in order to have this tournament on the 20th still you'll have to pay an additional $5 totaling to $10 for whoever plays.
Which country is this in cause if its in Australia I hope I can come
(Jan. 13, 2013  7:39 PM)bladeshark27 Wrote: Which country is this in cause if its in Australia I hope I can come

Its in the USA. Australia hasn't had any events in the last few months.
Dark-Mousy: Just curious bro, but did you think about coming back down? Its all good if you weren't able to this time.
(Jan. 13, 2013  8:06 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: Dark-Mousy: Just curious bro, but did you think about coming back down? Its all good if you weren't able to this time.

If it wasn't on Sunday I could. I have puppet team next Sunday.
(Jan. 13, 2013  8:43 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2013  8:06 PM)Kaboom!!! Wrote: Dark-Mousy: Just curious bro, but did you think about coming back down? Its all good if you weren't able to this time.

If it wasn't on Sunday I could. I have puppet team next Sunday.
Lol. AwesomeTongue_out Too bad though.

Okay, if there's a store fee, put it in the OP. That info needs to be out there for everyone to know.