Juggernauts Throughout MFB History

(Sep. 23, 2011  7:23 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: -MF Basalt ____ BD145 CS/RS conquer the metagame being one of the hardest combo to beat
-the release of Random booster 8; jade jupiter..people found a good use in its tip, RB in defence customization.
-counter for MF Basalt ____ BD145 CS / RS has to be found with the realease of Vari Ares with its combo MF Vari Ares BD145 / R145/ _____ RF/ LRF/ R2F
-on going selling of strongest blader, aslo introduce another Basalt's counter which is beaten up by Blitz Unicorno..

mmm..might can be added too since they are popular too in metagame?haha

Variares BD145RF/R2F usually gets beat by Basalt BD145CS , so that is incorrect, you should change that to CH120 and keep R145.

MF-H VariAres CH120R2F [RIGHT] VS. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
VariAres Win%age: 85% [ALL KO]
Basalt Win%age: 15% [ALL OS]

You forgot about Gravity being overlooked then discovering that it was a beast...
(Sep. 23, 2011  8:43 PM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2011  7:23 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: -MF Basalt ____ BD145 CS/RS conquer the metagame being one of the hardest combo to beat
-the release of Random booster 8; jade jupiter..people found a good use in its tip, RB in defence customization.
-counter for MF Basalt ____ BD145 CS / RS has to be found with the realease of Vari Ares with its combo MF Vari Ares BD145 / R145/ _____ RF/ LRF/ R2F
-on going selling of strongest blader, aslo introduce another Basalt's counter which is beaten up by Blitz Unicorno..

mmm..might can be added too since they are popular too in metagame?haha

Variares BD145RF/R2F usually gets beat by Basalt BD145CS , so that is incorrect, you should change that to CH120 and keep R145.

MF-H VariAres CH120R2F [RIGHT] VS. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
VariAres Win%age: 85% [ALL KO]
Basalt Win%age: 15% [ALL OS]

i found that Vari Ares BD145 also good at beating up Basalt BD145 CS..forgot my resultsits either 50% or 55% winning percentage..that could be count in too..
CH120 and R145 would be better..but still..it can be counted as counter for Basalt too..
EDIT: Still..it is among the MW that can beat (well,if you dont want to use counter..which i found nothing wrong wiht it) Basalt combos efficiently than the rest of MW for the time being>>as attacker..
50-55% are not good results, better than usual results but still not that good.
I swear I never want to read the word counter again.
Why don't you guys actually make a proper list instead of throwing random ideas. It's just disorganized and really pointless the way it is now.
Okay I'll try:

August '09: Libra CH120RF is 'released' by Brad and he describes it as a balance type. (Not the best choice of words, but whatever. It is actually Anti-Meta, guys.) Has the ability to defeat the most prominent beyblades in all three categories of that time: Virgo DF145D (use 120), Quetzalcoatl 90RF (Use 145) and to some extent, MF Libra C145WB (120 + large amount of prayer)

December '09/Jan '10?: Libra has become completely dominant: Use it, or lose. Tournaments seem to revolve around the use of it, and if you're competitive, you will have it. Libra had become a necessity to win, for obvious reasons. IIRC It defeated stamina types even, which I guess was the real problem since. Carp, this is just like Basalt.

January '10 - December '10: Every type has time to grow since Libras ban. I wouldn't say attackers thrived, but they could have if people actually used it.

November/December '10: Vulcan becomes the must have attacking wheel, being able to throw defense types (MF-H Earth Bull GB145WB) around like a rag doll in the fearsome combination MF Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F. I'll assume attackers were used a bit more.

November/December '10: Grand Ketos is released, and bladers find somewhat of a counter to Vulcan's dominance in its RS bottom, in combos such as MF Earth Bull GB145RS.

December '10: Secret Toronto Tournament holds the first competitive use of 230: MF-L Earth Bull 230CS, IIRC Franky used LLD so idk what the problem was lol, neverless the shock of all Low-Track Attack users beys becoming absolutely obsolete was definitely important. Fyuuor uses Flame 230CS in Jan to take his tournament, and I think that is where the 230 ball starts a' rollin'.

[URL=http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Libra-Re-instatement-Discussion--12534]February '11 or something like that
: Libra unbanned, we've caught up.

March '10: Hell Kerbecs BD145WD washes out just about every other stamina combo with it versatility(most likely a spelling error). IIRC Momo brought it up, anyway yeah it just trashes stamina customs.

March/April '10 MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF/RF/R2F a.k.a. Lightning Tank, becomes a savior, defeating Basalt-230 combos, also becoming a devastator in the process. Was shown to public anyway, but was in the works in march. (Recruitment session 1 god damn it) lol. Not gunna lie guys, the only reason I thought of it was because of Kei's feared MF-L Earth Bull 230CS. IDK Why/How Bluez did, but nevertheless it was pretty awesome. (Fave 1 guise.) Bladers everywhere begin to look for counters to beat LT, thus ruining the health of the metagame.

August: Basalt is Libra 2.0. So yeah, if you were to switch the word Libra in the 'Libra Banning' description with Basalt I put up earlier up, it would still be correct lol.

Strike of the Ares phenomena:
VariAres just decimate Basalt customizations, idk should catch on guise.

i tried
No mention of RS I guess? It brought the metagame to pretty much Vulcan or RS (mostly RS).
(Sep. 26, 2011  1:51 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: No mention of RS I guess? It brought the metagame to pretty much Vulcan or RS (mostly RS).

actually it more removed vulcan. before RS, vulcan dominated, but RS "nullified" most of vulcans smash (putting vulcans 90% win to 40-60% win), leaving lightning, meteo, and gravity to be the best (but people still used vulcan because they still thought it was the most powerful smasher ever. in other words, people overrate it)

but yeah, RS should be mentioned
Weird, thought I put it in..
Wait, Kei uses earth bull 230CS???!! I use the exact same thing but I find that It isn't very good. I've already added a MF-H for weight and NO, I did not copy it from Kei.
(Sep. 27, 2011  11:51 PM)powerangeryan Wrote: Wait, Kei uses earth bull 230CS???!!
I believe he was the first one to introduce it. He says he abuses the TH170 variant too, haha.

Quote:I use the exact same thing but I find that It isn't very good.
giggle.

Quote:I've already added a MF-H for weight and NO, I did not copy it from Kei.
Serious
It's not just Kei's. A buzillion other people use it.
He used it before Basalt was released, I'm sure he used a bunch of other combinations though anyway.
Quote:6: Grand Ketos is released, and bladers find somewhat of a counter to Vulcan in its RS bottom, in combos such as MF Earth Bull C145RS.

a bit before that time, Mc Frown showed that C145 is useless and people started using GB145 by RS release.

edit: just realized that he hasn't been on for a couple months :\
(Jun. 26, 2011  5:54 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2011  5:30 PM)♥ Wrote: R²F and CS were never overlooked and have been staples since release.

lolk IIRC Brad made the Lightning LDrago CH120RF thread right, ohhh memory jogged.
CS was definitely overlooked for a while (though it could be because no one ever bothered to buy it), it came out in march or something like that? (going off of MF Quetz CH120CS as a starting point) Diamond had a thread up much later but it didn't go anywhere, IIRC. It was only established as a staple in december.. :V Unless that is considered very recent. Wasn't it Fyuuors thread which really pulled the switch on R2F being top-tier? (something like MF Lightning LDrago 100R2F?)

I didn't see this post before so here goes, haha.

CS had always been a viable Attack Bottom, and was initially valued purely because it was more controllable than a fresh RF. That's where MF Quetz CH120CS comes from, but wearing is a bit of an issue. You're right that it didn't become a staple as a Defense Bottom until later, though.

I've honestly never really considered R²F to have been anything less than staple since it's so similar to RF, but each to their own.

RS was pretty significant, yeah.
Quote:Strike of the Ares And Blitz phenomena:
VariAres and Blitz just decimated Basalt customizations
fixed XD
Hah, I Really cannot believe this got revived. I stopped updating because I really thought the thread died. But I guess not. :\

BTW: Dan, maybe could I use your timeline? You are someone who's been through it all. Maybe could I quote it in the OP? You don't have to let me, just an idea.
Sure man, go ahead!
A little update, MF-H Basalt 230 CS has been a staple combo since early June 2011. The variation of Basalt in MF-H Basalt BD145 CS has been in Asia's meta constantly since late July / early August. VariAres since early September.
k, I'd say Basalt was on 230 faster than it was released lolol. I'd say april?