Judgment Layer - Too powerful?

(Oct. 01, 2019  1:30 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2019  3:39 AM)Armor Wrote: Not to be rude, but can we please stop with this kind of logic? There is no such thing as a "weak side". Although that's intended, the anime doesn't even reference it. In order to make a bey skip a tooth, both ends of the disc have to move. Therefore, hitting the "weak side" still uses the burst stopper. Even if this was an actual thing, I don't see anyone's Judgement bursting often enough for this to be an issue.
you make a point but what if you didnt use a ' driver and say it hits said "weak side" and loses

Not if you use a tight fitting disk, which is what almost every competitive Judgment player uses..
(Oct. 01, 2019  1:30 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2019  3:39 AM)Armor Wrote: Not to be rude, but can we please stop with this kind of logic? There is no such thing as a "weak side". Although that's intended, the anime doesn't even reference it. In order to make a bey skip a tooth, both ends of the disc have to move. Therefore, hitting the "weak side" still uses the burst stopper. Even if this was an actual thing, I don't see anyone's Judgement bursting often enough for this to be an issue.
you make a point but what if you didnt use a ' driver and say it hits said "weak side" and loses

As I said previously, without acknowledging a dash driver at all(probably use one anyway), as long as you use a disc that pairs well with the burst stopper(purple 0 or Blitz), you should be fine. In any case, you wouldn't know which side the impact occured on, therefore either side has a fair(and same) chance of bursting.
(Oct. 01, 2019  1:30 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: you make a point but what if you didnt use a ' driver and say it hits said "weak side" and loses

There is no "weak side", so long as you use a disk that sits tightly against the rubber burst stopper. You're gonna have to rotate the whole disk in the end to deal any damage at all regardless of which side gets hit.

That's more of an anime logic question that just doesn't apply to real life.
(Oct. 02, 2019  6:42 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2019  1:30 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: you make a point but what if you didnt use a ' driver and say it hits said "weak side" and loses

There is no "weak side", so long as you use a disk that sits tightly against the rubber burst stopper. You're gonna have to rotate the whole disk in the end to deal any damage at all regardless of which side gets hit.

Thank you for your explanation. I've been trying to get people to understand this, but no one does.
(Oct. 02, 2019  8:43 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2019  6:42 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: There is no "weak side", so long as you use a disk that sits tightly against the rubber burst stopper. You're gonna have to rotate the whole disk in the end to deal any damage at all regardless of which side gets hit.

Thank you for your explanation. I've been trying to get people to understand this, but no one does.

Its not entirely anime logic. Theoretically, if the disk tab is not tight the gimmick can work, since the layer can wobble slightly even on an assembled bey, and the burst stopper can touch the disk tab when hit on one side. However, in the competitive scene it just doesn't work because everyone uses a tight disk. No one bothers with a 50/50 gimmick if you can make it 100% work.

Edit: but I think we are getting sidetracked from the topic about judgment being too powerful
(Oct. 03, 2019  4:39 AM)Moggeroo Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2019  8:43 PM)Armor Wrote: Thank you for your explanation. I've been trying to get people to understand this, but no one does.

Its not entirely anime logic. Theoretically, if the disk tab is not tight the gimmick can work, since the layer can wobble slightly even on an assembled bey, and the burst stopper can touch the disk tab when hit on one side. However, in the competitive scene it just doesn't work because everyone uses a tight disk. No one bothers with a 50/50 gimmick if you can make it 100% work.

Edit: but I think we are getting sidetracked from the topic about judgment being too powerful

If you're using a tight disk, it should be touching the rubber stopper at all times. Regardless, this "wobbling" is negligible at best even on looser disks and doesn't have any significant impact regardless of which side gets hit.

And it's hardly irrelevant to discuss a strength or weakness of a layer while trying to assess its overall power level.
I think it's fair to say, if you're not using a tight disc, it doesn't really work at all. If you are, then there are no problems.
(Oct. 04, 2019  4:09 AM)Armor Wrote: I think it's fair to say, if you're not using a tight disc, it doesn't really work at all. If you are, then there are no problems.

what if you used a ' driver
As always, a dash driver helps, but that doesn't really apply to the burst stopper.