Jiraiya MS

The Jiraiya MS article was in desperate need of being refreshed, so I've done that. Check it out:

http://www.beywiki.com/index.php/Jiraiya_MS
Quote:Jiraiya MS was released by Hasbro as Bearing Survivor MS. The tip of Hasbro's Bearing Core 2 was not made as the same material as Takara's. It wasn't a grip tip. It was made of plastic.

This is totally wrong. I'm holding a Hasbro BC2 in my hand right now and its tip is rubber. Either Hasbro released both plastic and grip tips, or someone got a mis-production.
SexyMichael Wrote:
Quote:Jiraiya MS was released by Hasbro as Bearing Survivor MS. The tip of Hasbro's Bearing Core 2 was not made as the same material as Takara's. It wasn't a grip tip. It was made of plastic.

This is totally wrong. I'm holding a Hasbro BC2 in my hand right now and its tip is rubber. Either Hasbro released both plastic and grip tips, or someone got a mis-production.

That part was in there already and I don't have Hasbro's Jiraiya MS so it's completely possible this information is false. I'll wait to see what others have to say.
It just seemed weird to me since nobody has ever mentioned any case of this happening and it just kinda popped up when the article was made.
I wrote that part. Joshua had shown me his Bearing Survivor and his tip is plastic. Maybe it is a mis-production.

As for the article, I'm pretty sure Samurai Upper is also 22 grams.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I wrote that part. Joshua had shown me his Bearing Survivor and his tip is plastic. Maybe it is a mis-production.

My tip is rubber as well, so maybe it was a mis-production.

It is, I actually just corrected this the other day in the Samurai Changer MS article.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:I wrote that part. Joshua had shown me his Bearing Survivor and his tip is plastic. Maybe it is a mis-production.

AFAIK Jiraiya Blade is just marginally heavier.
G Wrote:I measured a .1 gram difference.

carp
I just got a Jiraya MS (Hasbro) and the tip is rubber. I think maybe the initial batch was plastic, but they changed it. I can post pictures if anyone would like.
Edited the wiki article to reflect this. Also, where'd you get it?
Remember that toy store I had posted that had the samurai changer MS? Well I went back to ask if they had any more, unfortunately they had gone through almost all of their final stock. He brought out 4 blades, an Averazer, a Striker, Jiraya MS, and a Wolborg. I Bought the everything but the averazer. The store was in square one. I will post pictures tomorrow.
G Wrote:I measured a .1 gram difference.

I'm sure this can be put down to quality control variation.

Anyway, I think it's probably better to give a range of weights. Or, state that the weight given can vary by +1g or something.