ok just thought it should be posted
i saw the film avatar a few weeks ago because i live in the uk
i personally enjoyed it, it was far better than my expectations, i was probably angry because alvin and the chipmunks was booked upXD
what did you guys think?
i gotta admit there was alot of crying
It has to be up there with my favorite movies of all time. It was excellently done, and made some very good point. I purely enjoyed it, until they mentioned how the "aliens" went back to their dying planet. The dying bit is all to true.

James Cameron put his heart and soul into this one, stating that "...[I don't want] anything having to do with Avatar to suck," in an interview about the movie's video game. If he was down to the point of not wanting the VIDEO GAME, a very, very distant relative to the movie, to suck, that just tells a lot about him. I imagine he oversaw production of even the littlest trinkets.
(Jan. 30, 2010  11:02 PM)firelord767 Wrote: It has to be up there with my favorite movies of all time. It was excellently done, and made some very good point. I purely enjoyed it, until they mentioned how the "aliens" went back to their dying planet. The dying bit is all to true.

James Cameron put his heart and soul into this one, stating that "...[I don't want] anything having to do with Avatar to suck," in an interview about the movie's video game. If he was down to the point of not wanting the VIDEO GAME, a very, very distant relative to the movie, to suck, that just tells a lot about him. I imagine he oversaw production of even the littlest trinkets.

the 'dying planet' bit was probably to please green peace
It was more on the point making side as for we were the aliens in this story. Usually in these kind of movies, humans are pitted against aliens, and we defeat them. In this movie, the aliens are defeated. Too bad we're the aliens. That bit was making a point, we failed, and this is our punishment. The Na'vi did a much better job, and managed to prosper.

The dying planet bit simply showed how our actions and the punishment for them go beyond this.
(Jan. 30, 2010  11:17 PM)firelord767 Wrote: It was more on the point making side as for we were the aliens in this story. Usually in these kind of movies, humans are pitted against aliens, and we defeat them. In this movie, the aliens are defeated. Too bad we're the aliens. That bit was making a point, we failed, and this is our punishment. The Na'vi did a much better job, and managed to prosper.

The dying planet bit simply showed how our actions and the punishment for them go beyond this.

i like how it symbolises how humanity is obsessed with money, and not the planet
(Jan. 30, 2010  10:29 PM)MetalFightKai Wrote: i personally enjoyed it, it was far better than my expectations, i was probably angry because alvin and the chipmunks was booked upXD

man what's wrong with you

navis arent animals
LOL

Iceburn
Haha that made me laugh a lot harder than it probably should.
Lmao

Incidentally I did that various times through this movie.
Seriously this is getting ridiculous. IMAX is still sold out everywhere, and the only way to get in advance is to pre-book. Insane...
Go to Scotiabank for a matinee Khel.
It isn't even that good though lol
Marketing works I suppose. How it's topping The Dark Knight and TLOTR I will never know...
So I'm finally going to see this tomorrow.
(Feb. 19, 2010  5:34 PM)Khel Wrote: So I'm finally going to see this tomorrow.

Congrats on being way LTTP bro.
well I've been busy....

And last time they were sold out. I booked this ticket 2 days ago just in case.
If you ask me, this movie's plot is way too similar to "Dances With Wolves" to be the greatest movie ever ...

Of course, if you haven't seen Dances With Wolves, it's pretty much certain you'll like Avatar ...
The movies' plot is terrible. All the human characters are corny and the plot has no depth whatsoever. It is however, hard to deny that this is one of the most beautiful movies ever created. Pandora is so real it's unbelievable. The Navi are a complex race and are easy to love.

Also it's impossible not to smile at unobtainium.
So, maybe I fell asleep at some point, I doubt it, but did they explain what the material under the Navi's tree could be used for, at any point?

Can we use it to mass-produce gaz, or something? I think it would have been nice if they explained it. Does it power the space-ships? If we knew what it does, how necessary it is, for us, maybe the humans wouldn't have seemed so cruel and sadistic ...
No, but it's unobtainium, that insinuates that it's unobtainable, therefore valuable.
I loled way to much durring this movie. The tribal singing, and the design of the Avatars made me just crack up.
i didn't get that whole eywa has heard you, so is eywa the tree? but didn't the americans bomb the tree?