(Feb. 20, 2010  6:20 PM)Benkei Wrote: Eywa is their deity.

yeh but i think eywa was also the tree
No, the tree is a connection point to Eywa.
THIS MOVIE IS BRILLIANT I saw it at the movies with KidTala.
And I didn't see no point of having the movie in 3D
(Feb. 20, 2010  6:57 PM)Beyunit-DL Wrote: THIS MOVIE IS BRILLIANT I saw it at the movies with KidTala.
And I didn't see no point of having the movie in 3D

i know there was like no 3-D
... There were three-dimension views throughout the whole movie when I saw it ...

By the way, the plot with Americans being evil and never understanding is boring. This movie was not interesting to me, except slightly for the visual aspect.
i found the part where the girl stops bombing the tree a little cheesy
I thought the film was amazing; especially the special effects and CGI. The planet and its society was very well-developed and I half-expected for it to have been based on a sci-fi book or series but to my surprise I discovered that it wasn't. Cameron did a great job on this and I would definitely see it again. I am so getting it on DVD when it comes out!
(Feb. 20, 2010  10:05 PM)MetalFightKai Wrote: i found the part where the girl stops bombing the tree a little cheesy

The entire movie is cheesy. It's a summer blockbuster that was released in December.
Well, I went to see a movie, today, and when I came out, I saw a huge line of people for Avatar.

Chances are it's still gonna be around for the Summer...which is incredible...
I went to see an Imax showing yesterday and it still was sold out. Luckily I bought my tickets on Wednesday. Overall I thought it was a decent movie.

It was a visual feast, and it's obvious an immense amount of work went into creating Pandora. While it did drag on during the middle both the beginning and the end fighting had my interest. I wasn't expecting much from the plot, so I wasn't disappointed by it. It was an enjoyable movie, but not one I plan to own on DVD.

And yes I'm very late to the party..
hahahahaha unobtainium? really?
Yeah forgot to mention the dialogue got really cheesy at times.

Flux Vortex, Unobtanium...
yeh i mean humans arent so retarded to call it unobtanium, we might as well call it sparkly purple jem
Michelle Rodriguez, and that Army commander dude were just spouting the one liners like it was a 90's action movie starring Steven Seagull or something. Which makes sense, since Avatar was written back in the 90's.

(Feb. 21, 2010  2:06 AM)Dude Wrote: Well, I went to see a movie, today, and when I came out, I saw a huge line of people for Avatar.

Chances are it's still gonna be around for the Summer...which is incredible...

Its theatre run ends in May IIRC. The longer a movie runs in the theatres, more of the box office cut goes to the theatre owner, rather then the movie studio, so even if the movie is making loads by May, Fox might want to pull it A) so it doesn't compete with their other films, and B) so that they can save an audience for the home releases.
UNOBTAINIUM, REALLY
Just a general point. I don't think I've seen a single movie with Michelle Rodriguez where she doesn't die.
(Feb. 21, 2010  10:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: UNOBTAINIUM, REALLY

It's a common thing in scifi movies to make an element called unattainium or unobtainium rather than come up with a name for it themselves. It's based on the last few elements prefixes. If you watch the core it happened there to.

As for the movie I loved the effects but it really was just another Dance with Wolves and the humans were one dimentional greedy punks. BTW they were not specifically Americans just a group of mercenaries.
(Feb. 22, 2010  12:06 AM)Thresher Wrote: It's a common thing in scifi movies to make an element called unattainium or unobtainium rather than come up with a name for it themselves. It's based on the last few elements prefixes. If you watch the core it happened there to.

But they came up with the whole universe of Pandora, why not do a quick brainstorm to come up with a mineral's name that doesn't sound silly?
(Feb. 22, 2010  12:43 AM)Dude Wrote: But they came up with the whole universe of Pandora, why not do a quick brainstorm to come up with a mineral's name that doesn't sound silly?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtaini...ected=true
Mabye they only came up with corny names so they copped out.
(Feb. 20, 2010  9:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, the plot with Americans being evil and never understanding is boring.

atleast it was an accurate portrayal Smile
I really enjoyed Avatar, the movie has a grateful animations and a very good story board. The movie has a lot of values. Like we say in Mexico "Esta cabrona".
(Feb. 22, 2010  3:45 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: atleast it was an accurate portrayal Smile

Yes, because all Americans are greedy bastards that are willing to commit genocide for some carping space rock. We are also the reason there will be no trees on earth because we want to destroy all nature on this planet and any subsequent planet with life because it will make millions in the future, though at this rate by the Avatar timeline we will be so carping far in debt no logical amount of unobtainium could fix it. I can't stand the "America is an evil imperialistic country" bandwagon.
(Mar. 02, 2010  9:02 AM)Thresher Wrote: Yes, because all Americans are greedy bastards that are willing to commit genocide for some carping space rock. We are also the reason there will be no trees on earth because we want to destroy all nature on this planet and any subsequent planet with life because it will make millions in the future, though at this rate by the Avatar timeline we will be so carping far in debt no logical amount of unobtainium could fix it. I can't stand the "America is an evil imperialistic country" bandwagon.

Smile face indicates not being serious.