Its thaaat Hip-Hop & Rap thread that you wish would go away.

Haters need not apply.

Anyway use this thread for discussion of hiphop and rap, and hopefully find few new listeners
oldschool, underground, mainstream... any hiphop/rap

anyone wanna start it off?

I think i'll add an on-going list of good singles (recommend them), for those new listeners, eh
I hope rap goes back to being funky soon. I'm sick of this mainstream gangsta carp.
Haters wanna hate
Lovers wanna love
I don't even want
None of the above
rooneyt Wrote:i miss Vanilla ice

as do I, but for likely different reasons lol
double post, but whatev.

i don't listen to it, but J-Hip hop is really funky, and focuses on actual moralities versus typical american gangster.

from what i heard, i liked it.
Artie Wrote:double post, but whatev.

i don't listen to it, but J-Hip hop is really funky, and focuses on actual moralities versus typical american gangster.

You should look up Jay Chou, he's a Taiwanese singer. I haven't heard many songs from him, but from what I have they're pretty good. They have elements of pop, R&B, rap, and more.
um kei look at my post in "what are you listening to"

i only listen to japanese music
Hey Blue, do you ever make sensible posts?

I seriously have trouble comprehending what you say 95% of the time.
Artie Wrote:um kei look at my post in "what are you listening to"

i only listen to japanese music

Even if thats true, you should still give him a chance.
artie, you should try Teriyaki Boyz. lol F&F tokyo drift song
their album beef or chicken is availble as a torrent, worth a listen have some oldschool sound with japanese madness.

Roan, I would like to think so. is it my lack of good sentence structure?

Mike you said The Roots. yessir if you like them try Gang Starr- guru & premeire

anyone check out mixtapes?
BlueSZK Wrote:Roan, I would like to think so. is it my lack of good sentence structure?

I think that might have something to do with it. lol
Artie Wrote:double post, but whatev.

<3
Same goes. To be honest, in general, not just for hip-hop and related, I prefer J to american.

Kei Wrote:You should look up Jay Chou, he's a Taiwanese singer. I haven't heard many songs from him, but from what I have they're pretty good. They have elements of pop, R&B, rap, and more.
He does like, almost everything. Is he popular in the West? I know he's very popular around here, especially with girls.

BlueSZK Wrote:artie, you should try Teriyaki Boyz. lol F&F tokyo drift song
their album beef or chicken is availble as a torrent, worth a listen have some oldschool sound with japanese madness.

I can't stand their music for some reason. It's too... weird sounding.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Kei Wrote:You should look up Jay Chou, he's a Taiwanese singer. I haven't heard many songs from him, but from what I have they're pretty good. They have elements of pop, R&B, rap, and more.
He does like, almost everything. Is he popular in the West? I know he's very popular around here, especially with girls.

I don't think he really is. At least I haven't met anyone who liked him. I just happened to stumbled upon him one day on Youtube.
Kei Wrote:

I don't think he really is. At least I haven't met anyone who liked him. I just happened to stumbled upon him one day on Youtube.

Is his movie shown in the west? Have you heard of "Secret"?
guys you knew i was just kidding about only listening to japanese music, right?

Right?
Kei Wrote:

Is his movie shown in the west? Have you heard of "Secret"?
Nope, doesn't ring a bell.
Artie Wrote:guys you knew i was just kidding about only listening to japanese music, right?

Right?
I know I did.
Artie Wrote:guys you knew i was just kidding about only listening to japanese music, right?

Right?

too late, it is now written in stone
i screenshotted it
at least you're not gonna burn it onto a CD

Right?

Most of the time, I only listen to Japanese music. When I don't, I listen to classical or chinese pop. Whenever I try to listen to western pop, I run out of patience.