Its thaaat Hip-Hop & Rap thread that you wish would go away.

I hope too stimulate some posts. so get the stigma out your asses.

I've just downloaded Cadence Weapon's first and second albums. He's a rapper out of Edmonton, Alberta.

Too bad the isn't more hype around this guy. His ryhmes are really his own, heard nothing like him before. He IS so lyrically strong and complex

Production (beats) are almost alien when contrasted to popular Hip hop and Rap. If i would compare, I would say Neptunes would be the closest stylings.

Check metacritic [Image: breakingkayfabe.jpg]
thats the first album, "Breaking Kayfabe".
the second is "Afterparty Babies". you can find the torrents on isohunt.
I plan on buying these albums though.

anyway, anyone heard something they thought was good on the radio? Or hated?
or just your thoughts.
OKKKK

[Image: carter%203%5B2%5D.jpg]YO

So Lil' Waynes's album is good. really good, even very good.

I was skeptical, especially with the single "Lollipop" getting heavy radio play, im sure many have heard in passing.

But really its hardly tinged with mainstream stylings.
His best song imo I "Dr.Carter" muses saving hiphop, swizz beats having stellar production backing this one.

But there are plenty of great tracks, because both his lyrics are very original and complex, combined with very good production from multiple producers.

DOPE, check it out

ALSO, maybe I gave off the wrong VIBE
POST ANY RAP/HIPHOP REALATED THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF DISSCUSSION. JUST NONE OF THE STRAIGHT UP BASHING
IM NOT THE ONLY FAN OF THIS GENRE IZ I?
Blue Wrote:JUST NONE OF THE STRAIGHT UP BASHING
IM NOT THE ONLY FAN OF THIS GENRE IZ I?

On this board? Pretty sure you are. :\
hahaha I realise that looks desperate
well theres Bugturtles, but yea I think your right. Baron too.
thats it...
Lil waynes great. Cant wait till he releases more songs
I'd like to say first that rap/hip-hip in my opinion is hardest genre of music to take seriously, for me. Most artist are amazing at one thing, and that's sampling/ripping from other artists from all genres. That's pretty much how I feel about the genre.

Contrary to my stance, there are rap/hip-hip songs that I love. Rap has ALOT of catchy music.

Eminem - Guilty Conscience

Dr. Dre - Forgot About Dre

J Know - Tipsy Remix

If there's one positive thing about rap/hip-hop music, it would be hot women with huge chest sizes constantly being objectified for the viewers entertainment, which really isn't positive at all, I'm just attempting to be ironic.

Note: I do not disapprove of objectification, but I don't believe it to be positive.
damn haha tipsy was a great tune. haven't heard it for years thx for posting that

yo Maz have you heard the album. regardless lil' wayne has been on soooooooooo many mixtapes that ..... well there plenty to listen too.

synthesia you forgot about the carp.
also being in the Windy city, you must have heard some of lupe or cool kids mentioned above?
yeah the carter 3 is great. sold 1,000,000 in a week.
Who the hell is J Know?

I know who J Kwon is, since we both grew up in the same area.

Plus Eminem > Lil Wayne, lyrically and financially.
The a milli remix is hot. The million records sold one.
The a milli remix is hot. The million records sold one.
I got hooked on Aussie Hip Hop.

I started off with Muph and Plutonic, then found Hilltop Hoods.

Trying to branch out, but I like the sound and lyrics.
[Image: the-philosophy-of-crunk.jpg]

also pharrel is a cutie and n.e.r.d. + the neptunes are awesome
Lupe Fiasco's got some fresh stuff out there. I never really listened to him until this year, and I'm definitely digging his work.

As for Lil Wayne, there are things I like about his stuff but I haven't listened to it enough to appreciate it.
i just love how that picture goes from ayn rand to lil wayne
Sorry to burst your bubble, anne that's Lil John. SNAP YO FINGAZ
or som lol

You know what i can't stand these days, is all these rappers saying they sell coke, flipping bricks, birds, Kiis. some fake carp, but it hard to call them on it. LIke Rick ross should gtfo imo, i tired of him, FAT joe is a lame. Lil wayne included, while I like some of his mix tapes, many tracks were redundant. As much as i like the clipse im getting tired of them too.
Also the Game has talent but too me he acts too hard, too gangsta, i don't believe him(there something i read about him copying his brother who was a real blood..sum thin sum thin) and bitched about g unit. hopefully he lays that to rest with his next project.

Baron of course, Eminem is a genius.. still It be nice if he put out some new dope carp.. though seems its in the works

I gotta big up the cool kids again, they are refreshing.
Actually, Lil Wayne just got arrested. He got caught with a shitload of drugs.
There is a serious lack of Hip-Hop love lost on WBO.
ONCE AGAIN BACK IS THE INCREDIBLE !

For members who ain't never seen this thread, its just talk about anything Hip Hop & Rap related. or youtube links to your favorite tracks

so I've been bumping these guys for a couple months now thanks to my friend Matt
Arsonists- Blaze They are sooo dope, the whole album is great. too bad these guys were/are criminally unknown, massive talent. the album as the world burns came out in 1999.
try this on
Arsonists- Seed Erie carp beat but it still sick

Geto boyz- Bring it on I love the first verse, but whole track is hard

now ive been telling you guys for ages the cool kids are going to blow
this beat is so crazy
Stove top
oh carp mad bass in headphones Uno just found it

anyway there are tons of great tracks out there so post them.
Ice Cube is my favorite rapper also don't listen to this is you're young. it's bad for you.
(Mar. 28, 2009  9:07 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Ice Cube is my favorite rapper also don't listen to this is you're young. it's bad for you.
Sweet, Ive never heard this thanks edit: lol @ 'eat a ***k" lol
I personally love "Today was a good Day" imo thats a classic and one of the best songs ever

have you heard raw footage?
"Today was a Good Day" is my favorite rap song.

I've heard some of Raw Footage, but not all of it yet. I've been sticking mostly to his older stuff.
(Mar. 28, 2009  9:31 AM)KidTala Wrote: This is the kinda Hip-Hop, (or) Rap I like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnSpimeAF4

this is awful, good lord, do you even listen to what they're saying? "if you're a crack baby yo mama got it from me"

this is literally disgusting.
"You's a crack baby that means your momma paid me
You can’t even blame me that’s what the hood made me"

i wonder if fat joe was telling the truth Unhappy