Is there anything good about Dread Bahamut?

How can I make Dread Bahamut viable for competitive play? I feel there is really nothing good about it besides the fact that it is the best looking Beyblade to date. Poor teeth that can only be solved using a Gen and giving up an entire chunk of weight, combined with a mysteriously horrible LAD is extremely frustrating, considering my personal bias that I mentioned before. Is there any combo or strategy that I can use to make sure I can actually use this Beyblade?

Edit: Thank you all for your very helpful replies! ! I will think about every single one of them!
Orbit metal
(Mar. 18, 2020  4:13 AM)Eidolon Wrote: How can I make Dread Bahamut viable for competitive play? I feel there is really nothing good about it besides the fact that it is the best looking Beyblade to date. Poor teeth that can only be solved using a Gen and giving up an entire chunk of weight, combined with a mysteriously horrible LAD is extremely frustrating, considering my personal bias that I mentioned before. Is there any combo or strategy that I can use to make sure I can actually use this Beyblade?

You could try Dread Bahamut 00Cross Atomic Gen against Lord Spriggan combos in left spin. If Lord Spriggan is on a driver like Xtend+, you should be able to outspin it with that Dread Bahamut combo.
i believe the only good parts are the wall frame and the gen weight
I've noticed that some layers (Dread, Imperial, Flare to a lesser degree) have the plastic ridge leading up to the teeth set higher than the teeth themselves. My sons and I call these 'nerf rails'. Presumably this is a balancing feature on Dread because of the burst reset feature, but like Heaven, it's unknown how often the reset actually works and it seems to burst a lot easier than most Beys that haven't made that trade-off.

It seems like some layers - Dread included - aren't likely to age well when you can dress-up a Mugen lock bey for defense without sacrificing weight or risking bursting.
(Mar. 18, 2020  4:13 AM)Eidolon Wrote: How can I make Dread Bahamut viable for competitive play? I feel there is really nothing good about it besides the fact that it is the best looking Beyblade to date. Poor teeth that can only be solved using a Gen and giving up an entire chunk of weight, combined with a mysteriously horrible LAD is extremely frustrating, considering my personal bias that I mentioned before. Is there any combo or strategy that I can use to make sure I can actually use this Beyblade?

Dread Bahamut Ratchet Bearing Gen
(Mar. 18, 2020  7:02 AM)Orpheus Wrote:

Dread Bahamut Ratchet Bearing Gen
So you mean a zombie Beyblade?

(Mar. 18, 2020  5:51 AM)Camick Wrote: i believe the only good parts are the wall frame and the gen weight

The Wall frame seems to be the main problem actually, it tends to scrape a lot
(Mar. 18, 2020  4:07 PM)Eidolon Wrote:
(Mar. 18, 2020  7:02 AM)Orpheus Wrote: Dread Bahamut Ratchet Bearing Gen
So you mean a zombie Beyblade?

(Mar. 18, 2020  5:51 AM)Camick Wrote: i believe the only good parts are the wall frame and the gen weight

The Wall frame seems to be the main problem actually, it tends to scrape a lot

That’s because the Wall Frame is only really good on Bearing and sometimes Rise, because it lowers the center of gravity, making it more optimal than other frames for LAD and Precession on these drivers.
(Mar. 18, 2020  6:55 AM)RustyWheelz Wrote: I've noticed that some layers (Dread, Imperial, Flare to a lesser degree) have the plastic ridge leading up to the teeth set higher than the teeth themselves.  My sons and I call these 'nerf rails'.  Presumably this is a balancing feature on Dread because of the burst reset feature, but like Heaven, it's unknown how often the reset actually works and it seems to burst a lot easier than most Beys that haven't made that trade-off.  

It seems like some layers - Dread included - aren't likely to age well when you can dress-up a Mugen lock bey for defense without sacrificing weight or risking bursting.

I agree they do add those ridges for balancing  but dreads gimmick is not the same as heavens yes it could function  in the same way with enough force but the gimmicks main function is to make the layer more circular giving it better stamina and defence
Maybe you should change the driver
Maybe try something like Dread Bahamut 00B/C At Gen, and I agree it is one of the best-looking bey's right now. Both the Bahamut's look really good but a real bummer performance-wise (Excluding Hasbro aB)
(Mar. 22, 2020  1:48 AM)YishYash Wrote: Maybe try something like Dread Bahamut 00B/C At Gen, and I agree it is one of the best-looking bey's right now. Both the Bahamut's look really good but a real bummer performance-wise (Excluding Hasbro aB)

I completely disagree with you performance-wise. Arc Bahamut(TT) had use and was good even on Bearing(although risky with nL and sR going around). Dread Bahamut would be good if we didn't have Lord(Always outclassed by Spriggan). Try using the Spriggan, Diabolos, or Longinus chip and that should solve your bursting issues, along with the fact that you can now use a real weight as well.
(Mar. 23, 2020  1:06 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2020  1:48 AM)YishYash Wrote: Maybe try something like Dread Bahamut 00B/C At Gen, and I agree it is one of the best-looking bey's right now. Both the Bahamut's look really good but a real bummer performance-wise (Excluding Hasbro aB)

I completely disagree with you performance-wise. Arc Bahamut(TT) had use and was good even on Bearing(although risky with nL and sR going around). Dread Bahamut would be good if we didn't have Lord(Always outclassed by Spriggan). Try using the Spriggan, Diabolos, or Longinus chip and that should solve your bursting issues, along with the fact that you can now use a real weight as well.

Arc Bahamut is weak to left spin attack and destabilizers which were highly used at the time causing bursts to be an often occurrence when using TT aB. But when not against these sort of combo's, it can do well.
The Dread layer is less than good unfortunately. It's actually half decent at beating other left spinning beys yet ever since Master was released, Master outclasses it entirely in terms of being a left spinning bey that defeats left spinning beys. Dread requires Spriggan and the Gen weight if you don't want it to burst, and it will burst even against right spinning beys. I've tried countless times to make Dread work due to it being one of my favorite looking beys and it's without a doubt weaker than almost everything else out there in the GT line. It feels as if the gimmick straight up doesn't work with the amount it bursts.

In competitive play, I'd say Dread is dead in the water. For fun though, I still use it. It's too nice looking and has too many decent color options to ignore.

Edit - I just want to make a quick addendum to this. If you're playing by the Japanese 5G rules, which limits you to either Master or Lord, then Dread can be somewhat viable. A lot of options out there in that format will allow you to save the Spriggan chip specifically for Dread, and since it can defeat any left spinning Lord layer, it has niche uses.
Really?! I haven’t even burst my stock dread bahamut yet,
And I’ve tried ... a lot... it may be just some mold variation I guess...
(Mar. 23, 2020  10:20 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: Really?!  I haven’t even burst my stock dread bahamut yet,
And I’ve tried ... a lot... it may be just some mold variation I guess...

If you're using stock Dread Bahamut, then you're using to Gen weight. So no surprises there.

(Mar. 23, 2020  5:38 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2020  1:06 PM)Armor Wrote: I completely disagree with you performance-wise. Arc Bahamut(TT) had use and was good even on Bearing(although risky with nL and sR going around). Dread Bahamut would be good if we didn't have Lord(Always outclassed by Spriggan). Try using the Spriggan, Diabolos, or Longinus chip and that should solve your bursting issues, along with the fact that you can now use a real weight as well.

Arc Bahamut is weak to left spin attack and destabilizers which were highly used at the time causing bursts to be an often occurrence when using TT aB. But when not against these sort of combo's, it can do well.

You're going solely off of the Bearing combo. Arc Bahamut could use Atomic effectively, making its burst resistance acceptable and countering these so-called "destabilizers". I'm pretty sure we didn't even have destabilizers at this time for left spin.
Dread Bahamut 00Under Yard Metal

With Gen weight of course.
Most of it's parts are good, but generally not with each other. The Bahamut Chip mostly sees usage on Zwei. 7 is still usable competitively in all types. Wall is obviously good on Bearing. Orbit Metal is a phenomenal stamina driver for Classic and Standard. Dread and Gen fall behind as the teeth raising on Dread force you to use gen loosing a significant amount of weight, so Tact generally fills its "defensive" role better.