Is it time we created a limited Burst format?

(Jun. 17, 2018  3:08 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: what i meant is that they shouldnt be banned in the limited format because they arent overpowered, sorry if i worded it incorrectly
Oh okay! No problem! And I agree to this.
Finally doomcizor d2 can come out of the shadows
We. Need. A. good. Attack. Type.

Dual and pre dual don't provide that, L2 sucked, all you had to do was weak launch e.e

We also need to consider the fact that pre dual layers have wear issues.  I think our focus should be around dual layer and god layer for limited personally.

I really have no idea how to make a balanced limited format because every meta before the current one was such a bad experience for me... I really like how hS kinda dominates but has a 100% counter along with some 50/50 match ups and sX/wV/cR being sooo good for right spin attack all that's missing is a good left spin attacker (nL doesn't do the job unfortunately).

(This is just basing it off the ban list provided, didn't read up on where the discussion has lead up to, just wanted to throw my opinion on this topic)

We had Omega at the beginning in mfb LTD so maybe we should give some weaker attackers in the current meta a chance in limited format.  Say like Z Achillies, Legend Spriggan, and whatever comes to mind that never really made it as an attacker.

And yes I am aware that lS bursts everything pre god layer... Except G2.  That opens a window for pure defense finally.
(Apr. 08, 2018  8:10 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: I think so. With the creation of God/Switchstrike and ChoZ/Metal Layers, They greatly threw away a heaping portion of the metagame into the "Collection Purposes only" Bin. I personally think we should create a new format that bans specific parts, as to allow people with outdated Collections to be able to play a fair shot in tournament.

Here is what I propose:

Banned Layers:

ALL ChoZ and God/swtichstrike layers 
Dark Deathscyther
Lost Longinus
Exceptions: Shelter Regalus and Shadow Orichalcum

Banned Discs:

All Number cores
Heavy
Gravity
Outer
(This is because most top tier combos use heavier than average discs in the standard metagame. Banning them would open up the use of many more discs that can be used)
Exceptions: 11

All frames Banned Due to almost all core number discs being banned. 

Banned Drivers:
No drivers are banned, because the driver meta seems to be largely even.

Feel free to edit this list as much as you want. this is just an early concept. Tweak it as much as you want.

(Apr. 08, 2018  10:09 PM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2018  4:38 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Legend Spriggan, Nightmare Longinus, Spriggan Requiem, and the Chozetsu beys would most likely make the list for layers. God layer beys, D2, and L2 shouldn't be banned since they are outclassed.

For number discs, 7, 0, and 12 should be banned. Maybe ban Polish, and unban Heavy & Gravity.

Drivers shouldn't get banned, but if they did, Atomic would definitely make the list.

My greatest concern is that all dual layers are outclassed because of  the God System. Dual layers also tend to have weaker teeth than god layers, which I feel could cause an imbalance for the long run. D2 and L2 were also dominating layers before God, to the point D2 had to be banned. I'm concerned L2 may be too heavy.

If you look at winning combos from the early metagame, they always comprised of Heavy and Gravity discs. All Number discs except for 11 and 12 are heavier than either one of those, probably leading many people to use them over  A-Z discs. I don't really recall anyone using something other than Heavy or Gravity in competitive play prior to Numbers. Since most other discs are roughly around the same weight, I would like too see how people use those instead of relying on a weight creep.

I also want to get rid of left spin in a limited format. Judging from what you have unbanned, dF 4B At, and spammed mG combos would easily dominate the metagame.
Why 12 and Polish should be banned? For 12, just unban the frame would make it,since only a few discs could use it.I don't understand why Polish,because of its heaviness.
(Jun. 19, 2018  12:27 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: We also need to consider the fact that pre dual layers have wear issues.  I think our focus should be around dual layer and god layer for limited personally.
Is that just a TT issue? Or for both brands?
(Jun. 19, 2018  5:37 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2018  12:27 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: We also need to consider the fact that pre dual layers have wear issues.  I think our focus should be around dual layer and god layer for limited personally.
Is that just a TT issue? Or for both brands?

TT, I played with my Hasbro beyblades like twice so i couldn't tell you if they wear too.  They obviously do, it's just not as noticable.
(Jun. 19, 2018  7:17 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2018  5:37 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Is that just a TT issue? Or for both brands?

TT, I played with my Hasbro beyblades like twice so i couldn't tell you if they wear too.  They obviously do, it's just not as noticable.
Hasbro beys do wear. For example, my Legend Spryzen has worn a bit and isn't as good, but so did my TT one. I use my hasbro one way more that my TT one and they have a similar amount of wear. Also, the hasbro rubber doesn't wear as much as TT rubber. They both wear, but hasbro doesn't wear as much.
(Jun. 19, 2018  7:17 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: TT, I played with my Hasbro beyblades like twice so i couldn't tell you if they wear too.  They obviously do, it's just not as noticable.

(Jun. 19, 2018  8:10 PM)bladekid Wrote: Hasbro beys do wear. For example, my Legend Spryzen has worn a bit and isn't as good, but so did my TT one. I use my hasbro one way more that my TT one and they have a similar amount of wear. Also, the hasbro rubber doesn't wear as much as TT rubber. They both wear, but hasbro doesn't wear as much.

I'm not questioning whether Hasbro wears at all or not. I'm asking, is TT the only one with a significant wear problem for Single Layers? Fair if you don't know.
(Jun. 19, 2018  11:48 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I'm not questioning whether Hasbro wears at all or not. I'm asking, is TT the only one with a significant wear problem for Single Layers? Fair if you don't know.

I don't have any Takara ones to compare with but, I believe the layers don't wear down that fast. The springs can make them be looser.
(Jun. 19, 2018  12:27 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I really like how hS kinda dominates but has a 100% counter along with some 50/50 match ups and sX/wV/cR being sooo good for right spin attack all that's missing is a good left spin attacker (nL doesn't do the job unfortunately).

Can I ask what that 100% counter is?
(Jun. 21, 2018  2:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2018  12:27 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I really like how hS kinda dominates but has a 100% counter along with some 50/50 match ups and sX/wV/cR being sooo good for right spin attack all that's missing is a good left spin attacker (nL doesn't do the job unfortunately).

i’m guessing bL.0B.X?

but i was wondering as well
(Jun. 21, 2018  2:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

It's a secret owo, biggest tourney ever soon.
(Jun. 21, 2018  2:06 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2018  2:01 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Can I ask what that 100% counter is?

i’m guessing bL.0B.X?

but i was wondering as well

aC.7.Br
I have a thought for a simple limited format that might be easily doable with minimal effort.

What is the purpose of the Hasbro-only format? Is it because Hasbro Beyblades are behind Takara-Tomy, or is it because it allows a more balanced environment for Hasbro players to not compete with TT counterparts?

Because if it's the former, why not just allow TT beys that have released Hasbro counterparts, and maybe those that Hasbro simply skipped? Less of a "Hasbro-only" format and more of a "Hasbro limited" format, I guess?

Hasbro-only tournaments rarely happen, and so I wonder if it's not a very useful format to have--but that a slight adjustment might change that.

Of course, this would become irrelevant once Hasbro catches up eventually (when Burst is done), but I figure that was kind of the same case for it already?

Could always make other limited formats, for sure, but I think this might be a first one to consider.
Hasbro only format exists because the performance of the beys when they first came out were drastically worse than TT, not only that but they were not compatible.  I definitely think it should be rethought now because the performance of both hasbro and TT is quite similar.
At this stage in the game, I feel that the Burst Limited Format would probably cut off at the end of God/Evolution. Chou-Z is changing the game, and it's leaving a vast majority of layers in the dust. It'll probably be another 6 month/a year before Hasbro starts with Chou-Z.
I think there will need to be a standard/dual layer limited and now a god limited, seeing how ChoZ is taking over.
Because the god layer system is also outdated by ChoZ,so maybe we can do this^_^ 
Banned Layers:
ALL ChoZ layers
Spriggan Requiem
Maximum Garuda
also Metal God chips
Banned Discs:
Banned Drivers:
none
Restriction:
Only one god layer can exist in a deck.
Only one Core disk or Heavy/Gravity/Outer can exist in a deck.
Every Bey can be used multiple times after each one has been used at least one time.
No made changes or spin direction changes are allowed in a round.
12 must use a Frame.
Other rules would be the same as the Burst system's rule.
I think we need this in the WBO. All I've seen at the beytuber brawl is a Hell Salamander or Archer Hercules and it's getting annoying how people keep spamming those layers and leave the previous good layers behind as if they never existed to begin with.
(Jul. 06, 2018  1:16 PM)pegasus0000 Wrote: Because the god layer system is also outdated by ChoZ,so maybe we can do this^_^ 
Banned Layers:
ALL ChoZ layers
Spriggan Requiem
Maximum Garuda
Banned Discs:
none
Banned Drivers:
none
Restriction:
Only one god layer can exist in a deck.
Only one Core disk or Heavy/Gravity/Outer can exist in a deck.
Every Bey can be used multiple times after each one has been used at least one time.
No made changes or spin direction changes are allowed in a round.
12 must use a Frame.
Other rules would be the same as the Burst system's rule.

heavy and gravity are now outclassed. So no cho z in this format, is this what you want.
I will make sure that I defeat hS with a dual layer beyb in next tournament I host. hS will be defeated by a dual layer bey for sure
I will get a few cho z beys in a while and when I do I assure you you guys I will make them fall to the mighty dual layers .

Don’t think I like dual layers more than super z beys ,I just like challenges,that’s all
(Jul. 06, 2018  4:41 PM)Battleburst Wrote: I will get a few cho z beys in a while and when I do I assure you you guys I will make them fall to the mighty dual layers .

Don’t think I like dual layers more than super z beys ,I just like challenges,that’s all
Bro, it's like Impossible, only some dual layers are that much Resistant, else....
NO NO NO NO SO MUCH NO!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree to you all ???
I would personally say this should be the parts for a limited format
All dual layers and single layer but the only god layers allowed should be nL, bR, gV and strike gV, kS, gK,bJ,kD
As for disks 5,0,10,7 should be banned and for drivers atomic and destroy should be banned