Is it strange for an 18 year old to love beyblade?

Actually, now that I just think about it. Beyblade does relief of your stress so it really doesn't matter. Beside, it doesn't matter what people really think. All that matters is what you want to do, since you are free to do what you want.
34yo here and my kids just got me into Beyblade. I love the game and am having a blast with them.
i'm 22 ... and i've just got dragged back into beyblade ( beyblade burst show on TV every day and i suprised myself like it a lot ... ) was a big fan of MFB beyblades ... had a LOT of them but lost them while moving house ( that's sad ) and yesterday i've bought 6 beys + a B-09 BeyStadium , and now waiting for them to come to my house ( like a child waiting christmas xD ) so no , there is NO age for anithing like beyblade , enjoy it like you want .
Age doesn't matter when you're enjoying a game or anime, like me for example I'm 25 and watch anime, read light novel, manga, play games like beyblade, and other games if someone judge you or call you a kid for liking all of those then that person is 1. An idiot 2. An ignorant 3. His/her is jealous and a hater, just ignored them all its your life you have to enjoyed it as much as possible while you can ?
(Mar. 30, 2018  8:11 PM)Ryu_KatsuraNeko Wrote: i'm 22 ... and i've just got dragged back into beyblade ( beyblade burst show on TV every day and i suprised myself like it a lot  ... )  was  a big fan of  MFB beyblades ... had a LOT of them but lost them while moving house  ( that's sad )  and yesterday i've bought 6 beys + a B-09 BeyStadium , and now waiting for them to come to my house ( like a child waiting christmas xD )  so no , there is NO age for anithing like beyblade , enjoy it like you want  .

Hey same here I stared out when metal fusion started and my firs bey was dark Gasher ch120fs. What bey was your first?
Well I'm 20 and I don't think it's strange, what's strange is there are loads of people out there who don't love beyblade ;D
Not really. Im only 15 and I don't know if I will eventually grow out of it but for now, I feel like its not weird. Like what you want and don't let people control you.
(Mar. 30, 2018  11:43 PM)Cancer1433 Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  8:11 PM)Ryu_KatsuraNeko Wrote: i'm 22 ... and i've just got dragged back into beyblade ( beyblade burst show on TV every day and i suprised myself like it a lot  ... )  was  a big fan of  MFB beyblades ... had a LOT of them but lost them while moving house  ( that's sad )  and yesterday i've bought 6 beys + a B-09 BeyStadium , and now waiting for them to come to my house ( like a child waiting christmas xD )  so no , there is NO age for anithing like beyblade , enjoy it like you want  .

Hey same here I stared out when metal fusion started and my firs bey was dark Gasher ch120fs. What bey was your first?

First one was the MFB main Character Bey Grin  ( storm pegasus 105RF if i'm correct ) this one goes wild in my stadium with his rubber tip ( and got some days after that the Counter leone bey  from the available Wii game Smile  )   launching the first beys you get one against each other for the first time ... this is good old memories Grin
(Mar. 31, 2018  9:51 AM)Ryu_KatsuraNeko Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  11:43 PM)Cancer1433 Wrote: Hey same here I stared out when metal fusion started and my firs bey was dark Gasher ch120fs. What bey was your first?

First one was the MFB main Character Bey Grin  ( storm pegasus 105RF if i'm correct ) this one goes wild in my stadium with his rubber tip ( and got some days after that the Counter leone bey  from the available Wii game Smile  )   launching the first beys you get one against each other for the first time ... this is good old memories Grin

Awesome ? for me after a while I got som Takara Tomy beyblades and my first one was clay Aries ED145B (got it for collection purposes and Hyoma is my favourite character from metal fight)
I don't mean to play devil's advocate here. But it is important to remember and understand this.

I'm 25 and I have managed to get a small number of my friends in university into the hobby. we all enjoy it and I have plans to try and expand and grow a community so we can be associated with the WBO and perhaps host an offical tournament at some point. C.S.Lewis's quote is truly inspiring as a person who is in this hobby- reminding us that people of all ages SHOULD in fact be able to enjoy anything, even if they are not the target audience.

But the most important thing to remember as an adult blader, or even an adult hobbist is to keep your priorities in order. What I mean by this is that as a hobby- beyblading should be towards the end of your to-do list for the day, week, month, year.

as an independent adult we will all have responsibilities and requirements that society expects us to fullfil, as well as our own personal needs.
and a LARGE sum of money is required to do this.

holding down a job for income and planning where, when and how to use that money.
paying for all the bills, taxes and insurnaces (water, electricity, internet, road tax if you own a vehicle, health insurance the list goes on)
setting aside money for daily expenditures such as food, and petrol (if you own a vehicle)
ensuring you are saving money for unforseen events that insurance may not cover as well to grow your own wealth

and after you have filled the coffers of litterally EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ELSE. Then that money left over, after setting aside for personal savings. can then be spent on a hobby like beyblades.

TL;DR
Put your needs before your wants.
No it’s not weird I’ve seen adults at a tournament using Beyblade This one Dad was with his son
Honastly People Say im too old for stuff like minecraft pokemon and beybalde but they are my passion and i like them so follow your hart and see where it takes you <3
(Mar. 22, 2018  6:21 PM)Cancer1433 Wrote: The reason why I ask this is because I’m going into college and I recently returned to beyblade but people around me think it’s weird and childish. It’s enough to get me thinking but then I see large YouTubers that are older than me and they are really into beyblade. Any pieces of advice?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......NO. Just be yourself, and if it's not good enough for someone, well, they can keep on walking or leave  with whatever metaphorical stick they have stuck up their pompous behinds
(Mar. 30, 2018  11:22 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Age doesn't matter when you're enjoying a game or anime,  like me for example I'm 25 and watch anime,  read light novel, manga,  play games like beyblade, and other games if someone judge you or call you a kid for liking all of those then that person is 1. An idiot 2.  An ignorant 3. His/her is jealous and a hater,  just ignored them all its your life you have to enjoyed it as much as possible while you can ?

Love your logic man
I’m 25 and in college and play beyblades. You have to do what you love!
(May. 16, 2018  1:30 AM)khaosares Wrote: I’m 25 and in college and play beyblades. You have to do what you love!

Nice profile pic, dude.
No way many beyblade fans are 13+ I am gonna turn 13 my parents say stop playing with beyblades are u a child I still dont listen them its like my new life I got love to beyblading completely at the age of 12 by beybladegeeks on december u dont listen others they also might be secret beyblade fans

If my parents ask what do I need for my birthday my reply beyblade but they say are u a child buy a good book I watch beyblade anime my grandma thinks I still watch cartoons plus I really watch cartoons its my holidays they think I must start reading good books and they even say to stop playing with toys after I got completely inspired to beyblade I really love them so I want to live my own life #beybladesr4everpluslife
I've got a daughter that's 22 and a 6 year old son. He and I LOVE Beyblades. As a matter of fact, I asked my wife to get me a Duo Eclipse for this upcoming Father's Day ? So no, it's not strange for an 18 year old to love Beyblades. But a married middle-aged man with two kids is a different story...?
Hey man, dont let people get to you, Im 25 and a part of a team that has 3 other members who are all 24, we go to tournaments regularly, and according to what ive seen the beyblade scene in Japan has bladers of ALL ages, Ive seen as old as 50+! So dont let them get to you, a Hobby is just that, a Hobby, maturity is not defined by age or your interests. live life and enjoy what you enjoy and dont let others have a say in it! hope i helped!
Dude, you're moving into colledge and returning to the interests of your childhood. That's super duper normal. Look up student societies and you'll see things like disney, pokemon, harry potter and board games. It's the point in our lives where we're most nostalgic for our youth and finally get to bond with others over it.

That aside, though, you do you and forget about what anyone else might think. Just because beyblading at college isn't weird doesn't mean that there'd be anything wrong with it if it were.
As we get into high school and college, it's only natural for us as humans to revert to our favorite pastimes as a younger kid, except for trying to revert back to favorite pastimes as a toddler or an infant.
Super beyblade family he has a wife and a daughter and a son and he started his channel in 2017 I am 12 but I have a dream to make the most famous youtube channel for beyblade and pokemon that will run for long dont think u r an adult u still r a child life is short god has given us life to enjoy use it to do whatever u want and takao aoki created beys when he was nearly 40
It is not strange at all! There is no age limit to enjoy your hobby mate! Even my friends tease me when I practice Beyblade, they believe it's Luck, but for me it's a real skillfull game, I walk through the school with my other friends with launchers and beyblade's in our hand, we don't feel ashamed, we feel proud that we follow our passion, we can't change people's mindset in a day, but these small steps will maybe lead to some change?
So, Don't listen to what other people say, they will object and make fun, no doubt, but you just have to go with the flow and enjoy what you have your mind and heart into and not do something you don't like just because your friends don't like you beyblading..
It's your world, make it your's,
And then, just go with the flow!
I'm 25 and even though I have no friends into the hobby, it doesn't make me enjoy it any less! Honestly joining the WBO has been the best thing for an older blader due to the very welcoming community. If anything though, being older has made me enjoy beyblades so much more. I'm in a financial position that I can buy my own rather than being a ten year old having to beg my parents. I hope that more people feel comfortable being older bladers as time goes on and this community grows Smile
... reset the counter people. Another one of these threads again.
Okay, just to be sarcastic, I'm leaving something extra mean unlike other people. Please, keep in mind that this is just a sarcastic comment, and it's not meant to be taken seriously in any way.
Here we go.

<s>Yes, it's absolutely strange for 18 year olds to love beyblade. If you love beyblades at this specific age, you don't deserve to exist. If you're 17 or above, or 19 or older, you're absolutely entitled to enjoy beyblade, but god forbid if you're 18. You deserve to be mocked, teased, and ridiculed in the worst way possible. You should absolutely be bullied by other people, not because you like beyblade, not because you're 18, but the fact that you're enjoying beyblade at the specific age of 18 warrants every terrible person to bully you. Go light yourself on fire or something, because the fire would only burn very specific 18 year olds who like beyblade. Beyblade's target audience consists of all age groups except those who are 18 years old, so you are excluded from this community automatically. 18 year olds and beyblade do not mix.</s>

If you could realize how ridiculous this claim sounds, you don't have anything to worry about in the first place, do you?
But seriously, couldn't we just merge these "Is it weird for a/an x year old to (enjoy/like/love) beyblade?" threads into one megathread? This feels like a bit of an over-saturation at this point.