Is it normal for shield in Ark Bahamut to tighten on their own?

I'm wondering if there's a reason for it to tighten because I was going to use it but didn't want it to seem like I tampered with it.
(Mar. 23, 2018  12:29 AM)Thunder Blur Wrote: I'm wondering if there's a reason for it to tighten because I was going to use it but didn't want it to seem like I tampered with it.

according to the wiki

"The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which heavily reduces the rate of Bursts despite the Japanese release of Ark Bahamut having three teeth of very short length. Furthermore, due to how weak the teeth are, Ark Bahamut combinations are capable of re-tightening themselves against opposite spin opponents if paired with a Performance Tip with a weak spring lock. As such this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups. Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create tournament acceptable Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance."

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_La...rk_Bahamut
Basically, use it with Bearing and you'll win 90% of the time against a right spin opponent
(Apr. 02, 2018  2:24 PM)Kry Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2018  12:29 AM)Thunder Blur Wrote: I'm wondering if there's a reason for it to tighten because I was going to use it but didn't want it to seem like I tampered with it.

according to the wiki

"The left spin nature of Ark Bahamut reduces recoil against right spin opponents due to the Layers acting akin to gears which heavily reduces the rate of Bursts despite the Japanese release of Ark Bahamut having three teeth of very short length. Furthermore, due to how weak the teeth are, Ark Bahamut combinations are capable of re-tightening themselves against opposite spin opponents if paired with a Performance Tip with a weak spring lock. As such this Layer features excellent Defensive properties in opposite spin match-ups. Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create tournament acceptable Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance."

Well the shields are stiff on my bahamut and makes it unbeatable and I'm sure that it's illegal to use competitively.
(Apr. 05, 2018  4:38 AM)Thunder Blur Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  2:24 PM)Kry Wrote: according to the wiki

Well the shields are stiff on my bahamut and makes it unbeatable and I'm sure that it's illegal to use competitively.

Well. If you haven't modified it. Then it would be up to the judge's discretion
If it doesn't function as designed and provides a significant advantage as a result, it's pretty much illegal. A judge doesn't need to tell you that, it should be somewhat obvious, haha.
(Apr. 05, 2018  9:11 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: If it doesn't function as designed and provides a significant advantage as a result, it's pretty much illegal. A judge doesn't need to tell you that, it should be somewhat obvious, haha.

Hello fello Anime friend.  Grin
(Apr. 05, 2018  9:11 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: If it doesn't function as designed and provides a significant advantage as a result, it's pretty much illegal. A judge doesn't need to tell you that, it should be somewhat obvious, haha.

I tried telling my friend about that unfair advantage and he insists on using it. I'm debating on finding a way to scrap it and replace it.
(Apr. 05, 2018  6:45 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote:

I tried telling my friend about that unfair advantage and he insists on using it. I'm debating on finding a way to scrap it and replace it.

I would say, stick a Disk into it and twist it back and forth until it’s loose
(Apr. 05, 2018  6:48 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2018  6:45 PM)Thunder Blur Wrote: I tried telling my friend about that unfair advantage and he insists on using it. I'm debating on finding a way to scrap it and replace it.

I would say, stick a Disk into it and twist it back and forth until it’s loose

Yes, I like MonoDragon's idea of trying to loosen it so it works properly. Like the Atomic Driver, it might need a little help due to some off bit of plastic from the molding process.

As for your friend, you don't have to do what they say. It's your piece, right? You do what you want, and if they're a real friend, they'll back off. It's one thing if they think it's working properly and don't understand, but friends who purposely try to push you to cheat (especially against your own feelings) aren't worth having.

Probably a bit off topic and I don't mean to be rude. I know I don't know the whole story, but I think things like this are worth saying if the situation seems to fit. But I apologize if I'm way off.
(Apr. 05, 2018  7:33 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2018  6:48 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I would say, stick a Disk into it and twist it back and forth until it’s loose

Yes, I like MonoDragon's idea of trying to loosen it so it works properly. Like the Atomic Driver, it might need a little help due to some off bit of plastic from the molding process.

As for your friend, you don't have to do what they say. It's your piece, right? You do what you want, and if they're a real friend, they'll back off. It's one thing if they think it's working properly and don't understand, but friends who purposely try to push you to cheat (especially against your own feelings) aren't worth having.

Probably a bit off topic and I don't mean to be rude. I know I don't know the whole story, but I think things like this are worth saying if the situation seems to fit. But I apologize if I'm way off.

Well it's his and I tell him not to use it but to no avail.
Quote:Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create tournament acceptable Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance.

Ark Bahamut vs Nightmare Longinus is not a same spin match-up. Edit the wiki.
(Apr. 05, 2018  10:52 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
Quote:Even in same spin match-ups, the weight of the Layer and the shape of the blades can create tournament acceptable Burst resistance against opponents such as Nightmare Longinus so long as Ark Bahamut is paired with a Performance Tip with strong Burst resistance.
They both spin counter Clockwise so they are a same spin matchup

(Apr. 05, 2018  10:52 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:

They're both left spin.