Introducing the Zero-G Format!

After much deliberation, let's introduce the brand new Zero-G Format!

In this format, only Zero-G Stadiums (Attack, Defense and Balance Type) can be used, and all Metal Fight Beyblades are legal in them. Due to the continuity in the parts used both in the Zero-G Format and in the Standard Format, tournaments following the Zero-G format are going to be processed in the current Beypoint System. Past trials have shown that it's relatively easy to adapt quickly to these new exciting swaying stadiums, so let's do it!

Here are a few rules that were added to the Universal Rulebook which are specific to Zero-G:
  • A perfectly flat material such as cardboard with no irregularities in its surface must
    be used below each stadium. Surfaces which are naturally flat, like laminated wood
    floors, are good by themselves.
  • Before each round, the stadium must be steadied by the judge.
  • Players should exhibit strong efforts not to touch the stadium during the launch, or
    at any other moment either.
  • Aside from the traditional methods of winning, a Blader has won a match the
    moment the opponent's Beyblade starts tumbling over, not once its top face touches
    the stadium floor (in case this imbalance actually knocks the other Blader's
    combination before the flip is over). It is likely that the Beyblade has stopped
    completing revolutions anyway, at that point.
  • A Beyblade is considered out, notably, once all parts of the Beyblade are no longer
    contained within the stadium. In the case where a Beyblade gets momentarily stuck
    in an exit and some pieces of it stick out from the hole, the Beyblade is still legally in
    play - even if a part of the Beyblade touches the ground.
  • Beyblades must be launched no higher than thirty centimetres above the Stadium
    Cover. The Stadium Cover is considered legal play area.

Well, let the testing formally begin! What'll be top-tier in the tournaments? What funky launching techniques can we come up with?

More cool announcements coming up too!
This looks great, maybe I could get used to this...
I guess I finally need to get a Zero-G beyblade now.
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:12 PM)N0body Wrote: I guess I finally need to get a Zero-G beyblade now.

At least a Zero-G Stadium, hah.
finally the ZERO G format cant wait to use this stadium in tournaments awsome thanks Kai-V
Hmm... Interesting..

Can Zero-G beys be used in the usual MFB format still?
Tris: Certainly, if they were banning that it would be made very, very clear.

Anyway:
Glad to see you've managed to come to a conclusion on this. While I would still prefer a separate beypoint system, I think in this case the difficulty in doing that is not worth the relatively small difference between systems (unlike say, MFB/Zero G and Plastics/HMS).

Hopefully, this will promote more people to test and actually get us some solid information on this game, as thus far the lack of testing has just been depressing, especially as a whole load of members actually have the stuff to do so and just aren't bothering to contribute. This should help a bit.

A video or the like to demonstrate this tumbling rule would be appreciated, though.
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:12 PM)N0body Wrote: I guess I finally need to get a Zero-G beyblade now.

At least a Zero-G Stadium, hah.
Oh yeah, a Zero-G stadium as well. XD
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: Tris: Certainly, if they were banning that it would be made very, very clear.

We made a previous statement which is still true, and we added a clear "onto Zero-G" in the Formats page for both the Standard and the Zero-G formats.

(Aug. 11, 2012  7:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: A video or the like to demonstrate this tumbling rule would be appreciated, though.

What confuses you ? Beyblades "tumble over" all the time in Zero-G Stadiums, and just like a person would fall if another individual collapsed on them, the same thing could happen to two Beyblades.
This is indeed interesting. Does the tournaments have be strictly Zero G stadiums or can they use BB10 along with Zero G?
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:45 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: This is indeed interesting. Does the tournaments have be strictly Zero G stadiums or can they use BB10 along with Zero G?
I think there might be 2 formats and whoever hosts chooses. Could be wrong

Hopefully my Zero-G Attack Type stadium arrives before my next tournament so i can do some testing. I don't want to going into a tournament without any experience with a Zero-G stadium. :\
In a tournament are only one type a Zero G stadium legal for play like two attack type stadiums or two defence type stadium or only multiple types of ZERO G stadiums can be in play
thank you Kai-V
this sounds really cool
i guess NObody will have to get a zero-g stadium now because by the time it(maybe)launches in India,i might get my nephews to compete in bey tournaments,or maybe,my kids!
lol!
This format sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I don't get why we are doing the "tumbling" rule, exactly though. Why can't it just be when the Beyblade stops completely? I mean in MFB we had some combos that would begin to "tumble" but win anyway, no?
I'd generally cheer for the new Zero-G format, but there's never any tournaments in my area, and I don't have the equipment for my own xD
Is it possible to hold the qualifying rounds on BB-10 and the Finals rounds in BBG stadiums in the same tournament?

(I'm reading it as currently no, the entire tournament must be in Zero-G stadiums only, but seeing as how there's limited access to Zero-G stadiums, maybe it could work for just the Finals? Just a question, as I'm interested in hosting Zero-G tournaments, but have only a few stadiums at the moment)
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: A video or the like to demonstrate this tumbling rule would be appreciated, though.

What confuses you ? Beyblades "tumble over" all the time in Zero-G Stadiums, and just like a person would fall if another individual collapsed on them, the same thing could happen to two Beyblades.

I've not seen a Zero G match in person so I'm not sure what it refers to, and where the point to call the round over would be. There's also potential for confusion between tumbling and toppling (after which LAD comes into play). I have a pretty solid idea of what it refers to but I think it would be best for everyone if it were made very clear so no confusion occurs.
So as soon as the Bey falls over, pretty much, it's considered out of play? I'm very slow. Dx

EDIT: Thanks zionson. Smile
If I'm not mistaken, this would refer to the behavior of beys to continuously move within the stadium even after spinning due to the nature of the moving arena. This movement is distinguishably different from rotations of toppled beys moving around like a wheel (e.g., Duo 230s that continue to spin even after falling on its side). Tumbling beys will continue to move around the arena but are no longer technically spinning.

(Aug. 11, 2012  8:24 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2012  7:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I've not seen a Zero G match in person so I'm not sure what it refers to, and where the point to call the round over would be. There's also potential for confusion between tumbling and toppling (after which LAD comes into play). I have a pretty solid idea of what it refers to but I think it would be best for everyone if it were made very clear so no confusion occurs.

Beyblade Station Wrote:This is awesome.

Thanks, finally.
Dang it. Like N0body, I now have to buy one too...
(Aug. 11, 2012  8:15 PM)zionson Wrote: Is it possible to hold the qualifying rounds on BB-10 and the Finals rounds in BBG stadiums in the same tournament?

(I'm reading it as currently no, the entire tournament must be in Zero-G stadiums only, but seeing as how there's limited access to Zero-G stadiums, maybe it could work for just the Finals? Just a question, as I'm interested in hosting Zero-G tournaments, but have only a few stadiums at the moment)

No, in the Zero-G Format, only Zero-G Stadiums can be used. This is written in the Universal Rules.

I think Attack Type BeyStadiums are becoming more and more scarce actually, hah.

Also, this is the definition of "tumble over" which applies :
Quote:To fall or roll end over end