Interview with US Champ

Wow, that's kinda lame then, if it was so small Unhappy

Jeeze, hasbro should just leave it to us to organise this stuff :\
I know their was only 16 People
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:06 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Dark
How do you feel you would stack up to the best in the WBO Kei?

Zakiah
Well I don’t know, I mean I think Kei is cool but I'm always looking for a challenge and Kei will be my greatest opponent I hope I will face him one day

Dark
Are you planning on going to Anime North in Canada in May of 2012?

Zakiah
Actually yes I am I can't wait hopefully I will make it

oh boy

(Jan. 07, 2012  5:38 AM)Uwik Wrote: Well, 'more than 1 representative' is not confirmed. But, it really seems to be inclined in that direction, since the Asian Champion is Indonesian, plus we currently have additional tournaments for the World Championship Qualifiers. If I understood Kai-V correctly, there is good chance, that there will be a couple of reps.

USA having only 1 rep is a disadvantage.

More than one representative is how it should be. It should be at least two. Do we know how many countries are going to be participating in this World Championship, exactly?

(Jan. 07, 2012  1:34 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, you seem to forget that Canada has no representative until they do that draw on BeybladeBattles.com ...

I still can't believe they're doing this ... :\ What makes us so undeserving of an actual tournament when the rest of the world has them? It puts us at a disadvantage, too, because who knows how "good" our representative will actually be. It's worse than what they did to select the Canadian representative at the 2004 World Championship.

(Jan. 08, 2012  9:27 PM)Like A Boss Wrote: But the really disapponting thing was that the judges knew nothing about beyblade they asked me about beyblade I showed them the wheel clear wheel and the spin track and the tip and the guy asked what the beyblade was like 5 times.

It was disappointing for me when I saw this video. It's not from the final championship, but:

Apparently there is a new distributor of Beyblade called "Toomy"!

When I originally sent this video to Kai-V a few months ago, I said:
Kei Wrote:It's so sad that the kid had to correct the adult being paid. And it's frustrating to watch because most of our hosts are a thousand times more knowledgeable.

(Jan. 08, 2012  9:42 PM)Like A Boss Wrote: I know their was only 16 People

Only 16 people played in the championship ...?
Just wait til Canada's rep shows up and tries to use Lightning Bull.

Just wait. Serious

Seriously though, I imagine if you wanted to, you could get a lot past those hasbro "judges"

Didn't Noland C. use an illegal heavy weight disk to get through early rounds of the first World Championships? (I recall this being mentioned, anyway).
(Jan. 08, 2012  11:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just wait til Canada's rep shows up and tries to use Lightning Bull.

Just wait.

Seriously though, I imagine if you wanted to, you could get a lot past those hasbro "judges"

Didn't Noland C. use an illegal heavy weight disk to get through early rounds of the first World Championships? (I recall this being mentioned, anyway).

It was the qualifier not World Championship.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-NOLAND-C...ight=nolan
That's what I meant, also it was Shawn, not Noland. My memory is bad.

But yeah. Show up with a Basalt with the staircase filled in, lol.
(Jan. 08, 2012  9:27 PM)Like A Boss Wrote: It was at Comic-Con but the tournament was smaller than most WBO.
But the really disapponting thing was that the judges knew nothing about beyblade they asked me about beyblade I showed them the wheel clear wheel and the spin track and the tip and the guy asked what the beyblade was like 5 times. But the cool thing for this being at comic con was that there was this guy who cosplayed as kyoya so awesome. It was really irritating getting snipeed twice in a row. Other than that the tourney was really fun. It still wasn't like other games that i went to nationals for with 100+ people

That would have made the competion much harder.
hasbro outsources their organized play events to a third party promotional company who then hires people for the day to lend a helping hand. The person that was asking you those questions was probably a day person who was trying to keep you entertained by having you talk about yourself and your interests or was trying to learn how to do his job since it is barely explained to the staff before the event starts. As far as the judges, the development team was supposed to be there, however, something came up which prevented them from going. Instead, they pulled their marketing team from the hasbro both (which was sick in case any of you were wondering) who were not entirely familiar with beyblade specifically, but knew what hasbro wanted. these events are geared toward promoting the game and not specifically competition out else you would have won had you at least had a stadium with a level playing
(Jan. 08, 2012  11:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: That's what I meant, also it was Shawn, not Noland. My memory is bad.

But yeah. Show up with a Basalt with the staircase filled in, lol.
it was steven who used a wide defense during the east coast. It was my fault he won. We the semi finalists allowed him to use it in the last two matches.

I was checking parts during the us qualifiers so there was no way in hell anyone could play with fakes. Even if I wasn't paid, the event organizers would double check with me if they saw anything out of the ordinary (basalts, hells, byxis, etc)
Ahh, I was just taking it from that thread, but yeah, you were there!

So, no filled in basalt? Awwww :C
(Jan. 08, 2012  11:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: Just wait til Canada's rep shows up and tries to use Lightning Bull.

Just wait. Serious

Is such a thing even possible?

No it is not.

Sad truth is (Click to View)
Have to say it is quite upsetting watching this. Here's another reason for me to hate Hasbro Unhappy
(Jan. 10, 2012  10:19 AM)To Wrote:

Just wait. Serious

Is such a thing even possible?

No it is not.

Sad truth is (Click to View)

I'd be more amused if he showed up and didn't own any actual beyblades.

He has to, otherwise he would have no code or whatever.

However, I just realised how anti-climatic that whole three-deck-battle format was. When asked what Beyblade they used to win, instead of saying : "Dragoon MS!!!", a kid would reasonably have to say : "Well, we had to change Beyblades and Metal Wheels for every battle, so in the first match, I had Twisted Tempo, then I had Hell Kerbecs, and uh ... the last one was Flame Byxis I think".
People buy codes online or give them away, so it is possible that you could win the competition despite not actually owning a beyblade.
People really do that (both the sale and the purchase of those) hah ?
(Jan. 10, 2012  1:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: People really do that (both the sale and the purchase of those) hah ?

Yep, and host youtube competitions for unused codes, and so on. I also recall a few codes for sale or something in the marketplace forum here.
Haha, To even did that. I remember his lisp very well. (no offense by the way To)
(Jan. 10, 2012  1:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: He has to, otherwise he would have no code or whatever.

However, I just realised how anti-climatic that whole three-deck-battle format was. When asked what Beyblade they used to win, instead of saying : "Dragoon MS!!!", a kid would reasonably have to say : "Well, we had to change Beyblades and Metal Wheels for every battle, so in the first match, I had Twisted Tempo, then I had Hell Kerbecs, and uh ... the last one was Flame Byxis I think".

I find that amusing too!
First off, Hasbro has put in an age limit. So now, its pretty much obvious that they would be hosting a bunch of excited children, who simply love to use a single bey; which probably ignites their bey-spirit...
Hasbro destroys that feeling. Tongue_out
And IIRC, shouldn't the three different beys be from three different categories? Or is it just the general preference of the participants, so as to get some variation to their game(?)
Normally, when the Deck Battle format is applied, it should be from different types (defense/attack/stamina). However, in practice, as long as you have 3 different Metal Wheels, it's OK. But some judges are very ill informed about beyblades, that they can not distinguish different Metal Wheels. I've been told that in certain tournaments, players got away with using identical combos (with different recolors) in Deck Battle format.
Hm, so that's how its supposed to be.
Thanks Uwik! Grin
Well, its been known that just how ill-informed those judges are...
Look at the video on the previous page, a kid had to correct the judge. Still, before Hasbro actually organizes such large scale tournaments, they must at least get their personnel trained well... Tournaments are not all about things going on smoothly; without any disturbance...
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hm, so that's how its supposed to be.
Thanks Uwik! Grin
Well, its been known that just how ill-informed those judges are...
Look at the video on the previous page, a kid had to correct the judge. Still, before Hasbro actually organizes such large scale tournaments, they must at least get their personnel trained well... Tournaments are not all about things going on smoothly; without any disturbance...

They should just hire Deikailo to do it (on a wider scale than she already has), or hey, even speak to the WBO, I'm sure we could rustle up a number of good judges who know what they're doing, even if they had to quickly learn Hasbro's outlandish ruleset.
Also just a clarification, the Deck Battle format differs from one country to the next. In Singapore, a player has to switch bey when a point is gained, then he/she will be stuck with the last 3rd bey for a number of rounds if the 5 points needed to win is still rounds away. In Indonesia, the loser of a round changes the bey, while the winner doesn't. There's no fixed rule about this.

About the judges, most of the time, the judges (the veteran ones) are well informed. We do get the occasional fresh judges who are just plain bad.
I was talking about the judges for Hasbro, ahah.

And wow, that'll get confusing come the proper world championships... Though probably not as confusing as it will be for the Canadian "champ".
Speaking of which, what is the Hasbro rule about competitive play? Is there one?
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:50 PM)Uwik Wrote: Speaking of which, what is the Hasbro rule about competitive play? Is there one?

It was supposed to be three different Metal Wheels for each 'round' in a BeyBattle, using our terms, but Zakiah seems to hint at having to use different Metal Wheels per "round" which refers to different opponents.
Ahh, I see, let's hope it's just a simple misunderstanding in the terms used. Apart from the Deck Battle format, is there any other format used? The Point format?