Interview with US Champ

He was hard not to troll before he got it tbh.

Though I probably shouldn't say this about another user, jeeze guy, lose the ego. :\
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:45 AM)th!nk Wrote: He was hard not to troll before he got it tbh.

Though I probably shouldn't say this about another user, jeeze guy, lose the ego. :\

Im not trying to have an ego. You would seriously see all the stuff he said. But I didnt troll him. I was very mature about the situation. By the end of the conversation he was trying to sell me cards.
bluebomber28 ? Hahahah.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-stri...#pid849400

He is at eighty-percent here, by the way.

But, let us focus on Zakiah's interview.

Dark_Mousy, you read my post where I mentioned who the second-place winner was ?
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote: bluebomber28 ? Hahahah.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-stri...#pid849400

He is at eighty-percent here, by the way.

But, let us focus on Zakiah's interview.

Dark_Mousy, you read my post where I mentioned who the second-place winner was ?

I just noticed it. Between switching between here and Fb i didn't notice it. Hah. But there is no more qualifying tournaments for the USA. Already looked into it.
Daang... Only out of the box beys? You beast. PERIOD.
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:56 AM)Tris Wrote: Daang... Only out of the box beys? You beast. PERIOD.

I hope that was sarcastic, because you have to remember that Hasbro stadiums were used ...
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:49 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:45 AM)th!nk Wrote: He was hard not to troll before he got it tbh.

Im not trying to have an ego. You would seriously see all the stuff he said. But I didnt troll him. I was very mature about the situation. By the end of the conversation he was trying to sell me cards.

Bro, I was talking about Bluebomber28. We're cool, and you know it.

But yeah, Zakiah seems like a nice kid. He is just a kid though. I wonder what stadiums the finals would be held in... If it's something like the tornado/extreme stadium, maybe we should try to work out what works in them, to reward people for coming here?
(Jan. 07, 2012  6:19 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:49 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Bro, I was talking about Bluebomber28. We're cool, and you know it.

But yeah, Zakiah seems like a nice kid. He is just a kid though. I wonder what stadiums the finals would be held in... If it's something like the tornado/extreme stadium, maybe we should try to work out what works in them, to reward people for coming here?

Maybe they will have a custom built stadium for this event. Maybe something like the last world tournament.

But maybe it would be worth doing some testing to help out everyone going to worlds this year.
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:23 AM)Jaygrazer Wrote: Yes, he's US' boy.. We need a guy to coach him here for Hasbro... RAIGEKO!!!! Your up Tongue_out

i haz arrived

i shall teach him of the hasbru meta, and show him how awfully backwards it is
I WILL REPRESENT TEH USA!!! I CAN DO EET! Eee
Haha, joking aside, cool interview Dark.
I vaguely remember that Canada's rep or someone used a BBP to win.. Hmm, competition? XD
(Jan. 07, 2012  5:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Europe ? Nothing even happened in the United Kingdom.

Actually here in Ireland, there was 2 qualifiers. I was talking to the organizers and they said there was 4-5 qualifiers in the UK. A guy from the UK is going to the World Championships.

StadiumOut!! and I won our qualifiers here in Ireland. We both thought we were going to Canada for the World Championships but actually they put Ireland with the UK and only took one person.
(Jan. 07, 2012  8:31 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: i haz arrived

i shall teach him of the hasbru meta, and show him how awfully backwards it is
I WILL REPRESENT TEH USA!!! I CAN DO EET! Eee
Haha, joking aside, cool interview Dark.
I vaguely remember that Canada's rep or someone used a BBP to win.. Hmm, competition? XD

National Public Radio interviewed Zakiah and, perhaps the question was badly worded, but he said his current favourite Beyblade was Big Bang Pegasis, and that it was a custom he used at the championships ... But people can confirm that he used "Twisted Tempo", as he wrote in this interview.

Also, you seem to forget that Canada has no representative until they do that draw on BeybladeBattles.com ...

(Jan. 07, 2012  10:46 AM)â–‘Mercuryâ–‘ Wrote: Actually here in Ireland, there was 2 qualifiers. I was talking to the organizers and they said there was 4-5 qualifiers in the UK. A guy from the UK is going to the World Championships.

StadiumOut!! and I won our qualifiers here in Ireland. We both thought we were going to Canada for the World Championships but actually they put Ireland with the UK and only took one person.

Where the hell were those advertised if they never even were posted on this site ?
(Jan. 07, 2012  1:34 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Where the hell were those advertised if they never even were posted on this site ?

I only found out about it because of my interview with one of the PR Workers for Hasbro. She told me about them and I PM'd a few of the people from Ireland here. Someone on the BeyBlade Wikia made a page for it. A few of the people at the tournament told me thats how they found out about it. But there wasn't a lot of people at the tournaments because of their lack of advertising.
We can constantly get at least thirty people in all of our London tournaments, and yet somehow Hasbro UK somehow succeeded in making it absolutely unadvertised ?
(Jan. 07, 2012  1:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: We can constantly get at least thirty people in all of our London tournaments, and yet somehow Hasbro UK somehow succeeded in making it absolutely unadvertised ?

Off Topic: Told ya Europe was done! lol

On the more serious foot, remember, this is Hasbro. They might've put posters up, banners, but the one, most ultimately universal defying fact is:

It's Hasbro. They're EXTREMELY unpredictable.
(Jan. 07, 2012  2:25 PM)Jaygrazer Wrote: It's Hasbro. They're EXTREMELY unpredictable.

Hasbro: "Hey, I heard you wanted updates for every event that we organize and run! Shame..."

Seriously, the only tourneys I had heard about was back when Hasbro WAS running organized play here. I missed out and never had the chance to go to another tourney for so long!

At least I have the WBO now. It made me realise that this sport isn't dead yet.
Good interview, Dark_Mousy. Smile
Hm, I wonder why there was not much variation in combos there... Unhappy
I really expected that he would say that Attackers were tough for him(as he used Thermal Pisces initially)...
Were there even any attackers?!
And most surprisingly, no BD145s! Grin
It feels so good to see a BD145-less tournament. Yes, according to many, BD145 sucks on Hasbro stadiums; but yeah.
I just believe that he could have used/faced better combos. Smile
I wished to see Hell Kerbecs as a threat/part of his team, though.
Lets see if Hell Kerbecs burdens down on him in the World Championships. Wink
The4anime is a fantastic and very humble guy. He lives in FL, but spends summers in the DC area so he was a frequent tournament goer with us. I talked with him just before and just after the US championships, and his beyspirit was shining strong!

By the way, if I recall correctly he didn't use Basalt at all during the championships and still came 2nd! He would make a great interviewee Dark_Mousy, I strongly recommend him.
I hope they record it and put it on the English version of the metal fight movie like they did in the plastic generation. I'm talking about world.
(Jan. 07, 2012  3:53 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Good interview, Dark_Mousy. Smile
Hm, I wonder why there was not much variation in combos there... Unhappy
I really expected that he would say that Attackers were tough for him(as he used Thermal Pisces initially)...
Were there even any attackers?!
And most surprisingly, no BD145s! Grin
It feels so good to see a BD145-less tournament. Yes, according to many, BD145 sucks on Hasbro stadiums; but yeah.
I just believe that he could have used/faced better combos. Smile
I wished to see Hell Kerbecs as a threat/part of his team, though.
Lets see if Hell Kerbecs burdens down on him in the World Championships. Wink

BD145 wasnt available at the time of the tournament.

(Jan. 07, 2012  5:07 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: The4anime is a fantastic and very humble guy. He lives in FL, but spends summers in the DC area so he was a frequent tournament goer with us. I talked with him just before and just after the US championships, and his beyspirit was shining strong!

By the way, if I recall correctly he didn't use Basalt at all during the championships and still came 2nd! He would make a great interviewee Dark_Mousy, I strongly recommend him.

ill look into interviewing him. Maybe we can make this a regular thing on here.
Also there arent a lot of attackers in the Hasbro meta game from what ive seen.
Zakiah thinks he can beat Kei? There is obviously one key factor that Zakiah fails to realize about Kei...

Ah, I forgot about BD145! Smile
OK, so people are really sensible enough to not use Attack in Hasbro... But well, I still expected some F/HF ones... :\
Hasbro metagame attack types do better with tips like that, however I dont think I have ever seen a test result in a Hasbro stadium for an attack type that has a win percentage over 45%...
I was the second place winner. Hasbro has not contacted me about going to worlds Unhappy
Nice to hear someone from here did well, though.

Maybe it is one person per country or something? :\

WHAT WAS IT LIKE?
(Jan. 08, 2012  9:05 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nice to hear someone from here did well, though.

Maybe it is one person per country or something? :\

WHAT WAS IT LIKE?
It was at Comic-Con but the tournament was smaller than most WBO.
But the really disapponting thing was that the judges knew nothing about beyblade they asked me about beyblade I showed them the wheel clear wheel and the spin track and the tip and the guy asked what the beyblade was like 5 times. But the cool thing for this being at comic con was that there was this guy who cosplayed as kyoya so awesome. It was really irritating getting snipeed twice in a row. Other than that the tourney was really fun. It still wasn't like other games that i went to nationals for with 100+ people

That would have made the competion much harder.