MF-H Jade Jupiter 135 RS
  • Attack
    MF-H VariAres R145 MF/RF
    MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF
  • Anti Meta
    MF-H Basalt Bull 230 MF
  • Spin Equalizer
    MF Meteo LDrago LW105/TH170 WD
Stamina & Defense are still dominating, but it's definitely getting better. In the last Surabaya tournament (25th Sept), statistically, it was 33% Attack vs 67% Stamina & Defense. (This is exactly 1/3 of what it's supposed to be)

The only reason why we feel that Stamina / Defense are dominating, is because most of the attackers do not place or made it into the finals. (Although, in Surabaya, all 33% made it to the final block, and 1 player placed the 2nd position.)

Older days: (Click to View)
____________________________________________________________________________________________

So Comments, Criticism?

most noticeable face; Basalt 230 SPAM
Lol, but i believe someone has a counter for basalt 230cs
i think,some heavy spin steal combo with using l drago destroy mw can beat basalt 230cs,yeah , i think i will try it when my l drago destroy come
(Oct. 13, 2011  3:41 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: My greatest hope and dissapointment. only MAX 10/30 people used an attack type more than thrice.

This is quite funny. Is it Three times or Twice?
Heh, bassalt is still popular. With the realease of phantom though, itsgonna be stamina all the way. Weird, mine is kinda on attack, one with sytche l drago destroy BD145EDS is dominating puri indah mall toy city.
(Oct. 13, 2011  3:41 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: So Comments, Criticism?
Sadly, Basalt 230 CS was the placing combo.

what about a destabilizing ko strat or a massive weight attack?
or what about combining both?
(Suggested customs: Gravity Perseus ED145 XF, makes things look easy. Or if you want true power, Vari Ares BD145 RF left spin. Again, if you have Phantom or scythe and 230, you can use them to build a stamina which can easily shut basalt down)
I lost the tournament against sammy lie's bassalt 230CS, ALL KO done to my poor sytche eionis 230DS. Uncertain
IMO, basalt won't rule for a long time anymore. we are going to have a tourney in 2 weeks. you will see some uses of phantom that will dominate every basalt combo :p

I've had my phantom for about 10 days & have tested it vigorously, especially against basalt combos. so i can say that phantom dominates basalt.

i just don't want phantom replacing basalt so it will be overused by a lot of players. i guess we just need more players who confident enough to use attack combo.

AKA THE INZORI BROTHERS Grin Watch out! Blitz Inzori has a new combo. that KOs Basalt BD145/230 CS EASY
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:34 PM)Aura Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2011  3:41 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: My greatest hope and dissapointment. only MAX 10/30 people used an attack type more than thrice.

This is quite funny. Is it Three times or Twice?

only 10 people out of 30 entrants used attack types more than three times
@Izumi:

If you're doing this, which I feel is a great idea, it's best if we present them the combinations in a time-line fashion, to see the evolution of our meta. I can provide them at least starting from January 2011. We need to just state the facts and omit any speculation and opinions, which of course can be discussed in posts, but the OP should remain clear and concise.

August 2011 - September 2011
  • Stamina
    MF-L Scythe Kronos/Bull BD145/230 CS/MB/D/EDS
    MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Bull BD145/230 CS/MB/D/EDS
  • Defense
    MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Bull BD145/230 CS/MB
    MF-H Libra BD145 CS/MB
    MF-H Jade Jupiter 135 RS
  • Attack
    MF-H VariAres R145 MF/RF
    MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF
  • Anti Meta
    MF-H Basalt Bull 230 MF
  • Spin Equalizer
    MF Meteo LDrago LW105/TH170 WD
Stamina & Defense are still dominating, but it's definitely getting better. In the last Surabaya tournament (25th Sept), statistically, it was 33% Attack vs 67% Stamina & Defense. (This is exactly 1/3 of what it's supposed to be)

The only reason why we feel that Stamina / Defense are dominating, is because most of the attackers do not place or made it into the finals. (Although, in Surabaya, all 33% made it to the final block, and 1 player placed the 2nd position.)

Older days: (Click to View)

(Oct. 13, 2011  6:37 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: what about a destabilizing ko strat or a massive weight attack?
or what about combining both?
(Suggested customs: Gravity Perseus ED145 XF, makes things look easy. Or if you want true power, Vari Ares BD145 RF left spin. Again, if you have Phantom or scythe and 230, you can use them to build a stamina which can easily shut basalt down)

Gravity is just never a favorite in the asian meta in general. It has never been one since it was released. It did make appearances once in a while during its initial months, but have since died.

We are all aware that powerful attackers can take care of MF-H Basalt 230 CS without any problem. Yet, only a few in the competitive environment are actually willing to use them. It's risky for them with mis-launches, minimal contacts etc. Instead, most will choose the safe route and use stamina / defense hybrid to counter Basalt, which is another Basalt combo, and recently Scythe and Phantom variants.

Phantom and Scythe 230 can definitely handle Basalt. The only problem is that they are considered new releases. It's still not overly used quite yet, but perhaps, in the near future, we'll see a lot of Phantom and Scythe in the Indonesian meta.
(Oct. 14, 2011  4:29 AM)Uwik Wrote: -Massive Post-

Totally Agreed
people will always look for a safe route to win a competition. right now, the safest route is Basalt combo. unless, we can show them that using Basalt will not ensure them a place in the tournament, then they will start looking for other combo to use.

so, i think it is time to step up. change the Indonesia's metagame by not using Basalt & win the competition.

YEAH! TIME TO SEND BASALT DOWN! I just need to get 2 more Blitzes then i am done
Im totally in this. Yeah, my bassalt counter is another bassalt combo.
I'll risk my wins for the sake of other not using bassalt. BASSALT SHALL LOSE!
Somebody lend me a fresh R2F, mine is not so powerfull anymore.
Same here........................... my R2F is prime, same for my LRF, MYAHAHAH
MF-H Meteo L-Drago GB145/ED145 WD/EWD can beat Basalt 230CS. It also beats MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.
(Oct. 14, 2011  8:35 AM)Enzoxs Wrote: MF-H Meteo L-Drago GB145/ED145 WD/EWD can beat Basalt 230CS. It also beats MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.

Yes, I agree. Although only 1 or 2 people chose to use Meteo as a spin equalizer against Basalt, but they used lower tracks the Basalt combo.

Meteo 105 > Basalt 145
Meteo 170 > Basalt 230

Even then, Meteo is still being knocked out quite easily. Usually the matches would be very close (3-2). Still not a guaranteed win, since it can easily go for Basalt's favor also.
^ That is very true. for my meteo i prefer CS/RS. useful for the high grip. but once i get RB................................................. should be epic pwnage
Thats where LTSC comes in handy. Meteo on 100 will be likely to scrape, not ideal. Eh, im swallowing my pride, attack types are too risky. Maybe my sytche should help... MF will whish my problems away, i hope.
Agreed. I have been playing with my attack types at the risk of losing Basalt. Self KO. but i kept the basalt
I think if you put Meteo on CS, it would be too tall to beat MF-H Basalt BD145CS.
you havent seen my Meteo CS combo. a beast
(Oct. 15, 2011  12:58 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: you havent seen my Meteo CS combo. a beast

Is it on 145 height?
Nope, thats why it has very good results!
if you use CS, it is better to use 130 but overall I prefer to use Gravity since it gives me better result than meteo.