If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ...

(Apr. 27, 2009  3:45 PM)Khel Wrote: I would hardly say that I do a lot of work. It's pretty much all Brad, I just roam around to see things go smoothly (when other mods aren't on). Brad is the one who puts his heart and soul into this site, when he could easily be doing other things.

Very true but I know you are the one that normally wants to join in on the contests.

Also, Pegasis, I have to say that the way it is done now is fine as it is, I just think the mods should be able to enjoy themselvies as well.
(Apr. 27, 2009  3:48 PM)pegasis Wrote: @ zander
i remember i pmed brad about a new way to decide the contests winners!
the way is:
first all members can inter even the mods.
second, the mods choose the best five entries and put them in a poll.
third every one can vote except the five nominees...
so the winner is decided by the community. it will be more fare (in my opinion) + mods will be able to participate.

what do you think guys?

This honestly seems like a lot more time consuming than the current method where we have in place. It's much faster to just decide between ourselves.
(Apr. 27, 2009  4:02 PM)Khel Wrote: This honestly seems like a lot more time consuming than the current method where we have in place. It's much faster to just decide between ourselves.

yeah but your not involved thats why he suggested it. Wouldnt you like to be involved even if it took a little longer khel?
(Apr. 27, 2009  4:07 PM)josh-jf Wrote: yeah but your not involved thats why he suggested it. Wouldnt you like to be involved even if it took a little longer khel?

He meant that it would be a pain for all of use to vote.
not every one should vote Gasp
for example we can make the voting for two days. then the one with the most votes wins!
The staff's job is to make the site enjoyable for members. As such, it's not fair if we enter contests.
In addition to my raising funds idea, I have the ultimate of ultimate ideas:

Bake Sale. Cool

Cookies in the shape of Beys rofl!
(Apr. 27, 2009  7:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The staff's job is to make the site enjoyable for members. As such, it's not fair if we enter contests.

This is why I am saying that you should do some just for mods, I don't see who will complain about it ever.
Since there's already a page for the calender but no link to go to it, can it linked on the homepage or something?

Also, what happened to that Mycodes pages that showed all the codes that can be used on the forums such as, [IMG][/IMG], [URL][/URL], etc
(Apr. 28, 2009  1:48 AM)Aqua Wrote: Also, what happened to that Mycodes pages that showed all the codes that can be used on the forums such as, [IMG][/IMG], [URL][/URL], etc

It was removed, I thought the toolbar was easy enough to understand ...
I took this idea from a Pokemon site called Smogon. They have a tutoring program where members are assigned a tutor to teach them how to battle competitively. It might not work here, but it seems to work for that community. Just a thought.
i think this is important: we should be able to delete our posts! incase someone posted something by mistake... or posted something stupid. that happened to me before.
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:57 AM)pegasis Wrote: i think this is important: we should be able to delete our posts! incase someone posted something by mistake... or posted something stupid. that happened to me before.

People used to be allowed to but they started deleting their posts when they backfired. So I disabled it. I may re-enable it again soon.
(Apr. 28, 2009  7:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: People used to be allowed to but they started deleting their posts when they backfired. So I disabled it. I may re-enable it again soon.

Yeah people could take advantage of being able to delete their posts and do wrong with it. Like make an inappropriate comment to someone then delete it before a mod can see it.
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:57 AM)pegasis Wrote: i think this is important: we should be able to delete our posts! incase someone posted something by mistake... or posted something stupid. that happened to me before.

You could just edit out the bad stuff that might be on a post but if it is pretty much the whole post that is bad then it shouldn't have been posted in the first place.
(Apr. 28, 2009  11:47 AM)josh-jf Wrote: Yeah people could take advantage of being able to delete their posts and do wrong with it. Like make an inappropriate comment to someone then delete it before a mod can see it.
there is something called quote, so any member that saw this bad comment can just do so and when a mod comes he will now what was the bad comment Wink
(Apr. 28, 2009  1:15 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: You could just edit out the bad stuff that might be on a post but if it is pretty much the whole post that is bad then it shouldn't have been posted in the first place.
i know, but if you posted for example something in the wrong thread... you will want to delete it. if you want to edit it what can you wright? if i wrote for example (nothing) then i will get a warning for spamming! so i think deleting is important.
but its up to brad at the end.
I mean if you edit your post to say something like EDIT: Wrong thread, my bad. I doubt we would give you a warning.

This rule was probably placed because certain individuals abused it.
(Apr. 28, 2009  3:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: there is something called quote, so any member that saw this bad comment can just do so and when a mod comes he will now what was the bad comment Wink

Or we could leave the system the way it is and save the trouble of having to do that.

[/quote]i know, but if you posted for example something in the wrong thread... you will want to delete it. if you want to edit it what can you wright? if i wrote for example (nothing) then i will get a warning for spamming! so i think deleting is important.
[/quote]

Mods arent evil people, they dont look around try to warn people, If you make a mistake by opening something in the wrong area and say sorry i made mistake can u pleaseclose this thread. Then you wont get a warning
(Apr. 28, 2009  3:40 PM)josh-jf Wrote: Or we could leave the system the way it is and save the trouble of having to do that.
i know, but if you posted for example something in the wrong thread... you will want to delete it. if you want to edit it what can you wright? if i wrote for example (nothing) then i will get a warning for spamming! so i think deleting is important.
[/quote]

Mods arent evil people, they dont look around try to warn people, If you make a mistake by opening something in the wrong area and say sorry i made mistake can u pleaseclose this thread. Then you wont get a warning
[/quote]wtf am lost. plz edit it Confused
WTH something is wrong with the quote system! Chocked_2
im sorry i dont get what went wrong there. But still read carefully and you will get it.
(Apr. 28, 2009  3:28 PM)pegasis Wrote: i know, but if you posted for example something in the wrong thread... you will want to delete it. if you want to edit it what can you wright? if i wrote for example (nothing) then i will get a warning for spamming! so i think deleting is important.

Ha ha.........I have done that myself a few times but that was completely by accident. Still, like you said, it is up to Brad at the end of the day.
Let's just leave out deleting posts. We can always edit our posts instead if we need to.
I think ive stumbled onto a rather good idea. In wbo general and the official events section i thi nk we should split it up. I think it would be a great idea to press on the option then be able to pick to check out events in uk or events in australia and all the other countries that constantly have tournaments on.

That way people can know where they need to go to check out upcoming events in their country. Like this that part of the forum will be much more structured to.

I suggest this due to the fear that one day soon people will complain about there being to many threads up for australian meet ups and all. So if we implement this all our tournaments can go up in the one place Smile

What do you think?
I think that there isn't enough activity for that to be viable now ...
(Apr. 29, 2009  6:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think that there isn't enough activity for that to be viable now ...

lol ok but when it starts to seem like to many threads are opening up for one country. Remember my idea lol