If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ...

(Apr. 25, 2009  4:34 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Missed this thread. I would like to see the return of a "mark all forums as read" option like we had previously.

I don't really understand this feature. What exactly does it do that is helpful? Seems that it just changes the colour of the Pegasis. :X
(Apr. 25, 2009  8:16 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: For that to happen, people need to volunteer to write articles.

(They also need to be able to write.)

I would do this because I have gotten good at writing and I am sure I could do an article but I lack the knowledge for beyblade. Unhappy

I have to say that this site is pretty much fine as it is but that question is a good one, I would say contests which i would gladly help with, even if I don't get to enter the contest.
(Apr. 25, 2009  9:15 AM)Driger Wrote: Erm...can people choose to show there gender on under there username because its getting annoying that some people cant see im a male *sigh*

I'll consider this.

(Apr. 25, 2009  9:22 AM)Driger Wrote: And maybe on the homepage it could say:
"Coming up in your area...Spinoff: UK Revolution, May 23rd 2009 London MCM Expo.
Driger's Auction Ceremony, May 20th Wembley Stadium" (Not real but...e.g)

I would like to do an upcoming event listing on the main page, but I probably can't make it detect where you live.

(Apr. 25, 2009  1:37 PM)Rocky Wrote: I guess a better list of countries would be helpful. I'm not sure how you'd go and find out all the countries of all the old members who never come on though. I know they're not totally necessary but it's nice to include everyone so as not to get confused. Wasn't there talk about having a little flag near your avatar? That'd be cute.

Oh, some forums have a buddy system for new members. I dunno if that would be any use here. I guess maybe if we have a lot of kids signing up. Confused

Maybe something you could customize yourself. Like how people customize their profiles and such. But that might be a bit messy. Maybe something smaller. XD

Stil, there's nothing I actually have a problem with. I'm just thinking about what I've seen on other forums.

Oh wait, I'd like a search box where I don't have to wait sixty seconds to search for something. =_=

It's possible we could have a flag detect your location via IP and set your country. I'll look into it.

The buddy system is an interesting idea. Smile

I don't want to give people control over their profile layouts, but more "social" features are coming later this year!

Also, the search box has to be that way to stop spambots from crashing the server ... I may reduce the wait time though.

(Apr. 25, 2009  2:19 PM)Aqua Wrote: Also, I was thinking that you can create like a small package and stuff for beginners and new members like about MFB and the WBO site in general.

We recently gave the welcome PM a huge upgrade and it is basically a welcome package. Grin

(Apr. 25, 2009  4:34 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Missed this thread. I would like to see the return of a "mark all forums as read" option like we had previously.

I put it back already! Grin
Don't get freaked out about my first question, its just that I've seen it on alot of other forums.

I feel embarresed for posting that now XD
(Apr. 25, 2009  5:29 PM)Driger Wrote: Don't get freaked out about my first question, its just that I've seen it on alot of other forums.

I feel embarresed for posting that now XD

It wasn't that bad of an idea, it's just weather it can be done or not.
Quote:For that to happen, people need to volunteer to write articles.

(They also need to be able to write.)

I can write. It wouldn't be very useful due to my lack of knowledge and/or habit to ramble on though. =/

What I'd really like to see is an avatar gallery added that has something to do with beyblade rather than the random one we have at the moment. I know we can take images from other sites etc. but it might be nice to just have a list of free to use avatars that look nice. =D
And I just remembered, maybe you could bring the calender back.
^ Apparently it is there, there's just no link to it. :3
www.worldbeyblade.org/calendar.php ^^
(Apr. 26, 2009  12:48 PM)Pikachao Wrote: I can write. It wouldn't be very useful due to my lack of knowledge and/or habit to ramble on though. =/

What I'd really like to see is an avatar gallery added that has something to do with beyblade rather than the random one we have at the moment. I know we can take images from other sites etc. but it might be nice to just have a list of free to use avatars that look nice. =D

Link to BBS maybe?
(Apr. 26, 2009  6:57 PM)Giga Wrote: Link to BBS maybe?
Or avatars that are posted in the 'Free graphics.' thread could be donated.

I was surprised by the amount of people getting avatars from Beyblade Spirit though ...
(Apr. 26, 2009  6:31 PM)Driger Wrote: www.worldbeyblade.org/calendar.php ^^

thanks Smile

Then maybe it can be linked..?
(Apr. 25, 2009  4:44 PM)Rocky Wrote: I don't really understand this feature. What exactly does it do that is helpful? Seems that it just changes the colour of the Pegasis. :X

Me being me. I don't want threads that I'm not interested in still appearing as being not read.

EDIT: Just noticed it. I was expecting it to appear at the bottom of the portal page haha. I must have overlooked it, sorry brad!
Nobody was using the calendar for events, so I removed it ...
(Apr. 26, 2009  8:41 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nobody was using the calendar for events, so I removed it ...

So that's why, in that case I might use it. I don't have a calender for me to use anyway.

Also, I just looked on beywiki about something, which was weather we had diagrams or pictures of the Beyblades, showing it as a part view and telling use what each piece is called, if you know what I am trying to get at.

For example, the different names you have for the attack rings and the BB and the weight of the track.

But if what I am saying is possible, I don't know.
I think the BP system should change at a WBO event. For example, if this is just a regular battle:

Winner +10
Loser -10

Then at an event, it may be

Winner +12
Loser -10

Beypoints wouldn't only be transferred, there would be an addition. This might encourage people to actually show up to tournaments (NY bladers...). After that, I'd put a restriction on how many tournaments can be held in one season per area.

The world should also be sectioned off into regions, I think. It would also make it easier to hold tournaments. We could look into set up a PMing system that will alert everyone in the region of an upcoming event.

I think the WBO needs some more incentives for donating so we have more money for events. Brad shouldn't have to open up his wallet for us. We need something like a lotto. More people would donate for a lotto. Before a release date comes around, say you'll be selling tickets for like, $5 each to win one of every release. There'd be a quota, of course. Take money order and paypal.

Again, ideas.
Unfortunately, it's impossible for us to alter the way a match is processed ... it's an algorithm and the system cannot discern whether or not the battle was at a event. However, I have considered awarding BP bonuses for Gold, Silver and Bronze faces.

I like your ideas. We'll definitely talk more about them.
I also think Deikailo has good donation ideas Smile. If I had a paypal, I would donate Unhappy.
(Apr. 27, 2009  1:24 AM)Hero Wrote: I also think Deikailo has good donation ideas Smile. If I had a paypal, I would donate Unhappy.
I'm pretty sure Brad wouldn't mind money order when it comes to donating.

I vote on a webcomic. Mostly inside jokes, or paradies of posts, but occassionally we'd have something that developed into a plot with an actual beyblade event based on the plot in the webcomic.
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:47 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I vote on a webcomic. Mostly inside jokes, or paradies of posts, but occassionally we'd have something that developed into a plot with an actual beyblade event based on the plot in the webcomic.

i'd rather be shot with wyborgs till i died
(Apr. 27, 2009  10:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i'd rather be shot with wyborgs till i died
I think a light morning breeze does more damage than a Wyborg. I don't think a wyborg can kill.
I have been thinking about this for a while now. We have contests for normal members but what about you mods? You do all the hard work and have no fun so wouldn't it be good if you did contests that are just for mods or something so you can even get the faces that come from the boosters?
(Apr. 27, 2009  1:40 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: I have been thinking about this for a while now. We have contests for normal members but what about you mods? You do all the hard work and have no fun so wouldn't it be good if you did contests that are just for mods or something so you can even get the faces that come from the boosters?

I would hardly say that I do a lot of work. It's pretty much all Brad, I just roam around to see things go smoothly (when other mods aren't on). Brad is the one who puts his heart and soul into this site, when he could easily be doing other things.
@ zander
i remember i pmed brad about a new way to decide the contests winners!
the way is:
first all members can inter even the mods.
second, the mods choose the best five entries and put them in a poll.
third every one can vote except the five nominees...
so the winner is decided by the community. it will be more fare (in my opinion) + mods will be able to participate.

what do you think guys?