If Beyblade was an official sport...

This thread is to talk about how you would imagine Beyblade if it was a real actual sport. I imagine a bunch of cameras surrounding two guys and a stadium, or multiple different people battling in different stadiums in a televised area. Announcers(Blader DJs) would announce whats going on as cameras switch from stadium to stadium, etc. Of course it would be way more popular and the best teams would have merchandise and stuff.. lol this sounds crazy. But this thread is mainly for fun and just talking about how different people would see it, and sorry if it needs to be closed.
To me beyblade as an actual sport would he very cool,if it became an actual sport i feel it might grow bigger than it already is beyblade should become a sport because there are lots of bladers in the world and if it become an official sport we will get to see more strong bladers.This is just my way if seeing it as and actual sport..
It's pretty much already an official sport in Japan... They have these weird battling stations all over the place where you stick in your pointer card and battle some random person. I also heard a statistic that a beyblade tournament in japan is more frequent then a basketball game. I don't know if they just don't play basketball much over there, or if they really do beyblade that much. Tongue_out And there have been some tournaments that were streamed live, so they kinda do already film it! Smile
wow i really want to go to japan now, time to learn another language!
It would basically be like the show.. at least the original one (minus the bitbeasts), world championships would be a huge deal, r/c beyblades would become the main aspect of the sport, they would be controlled through motion technology and such... and other sports would still be around (you see people playing basketball and football/soccer occasionally in the show)
i just bought diablo nemesis, and queztacoatl
(May. 19, 2013  10:27 PM)xtremedude70 Wrote: i just bought diablo nemesis, and queztacoatl

You must be new here. Please return to the main menu and read this and understand the different sections, threads and topics of this board as we have proper places to post different things. Your post belongs here.
To me in my own opinion, it is a sport! Just looks at all the events it has!

Anyways, yes I would really like that. There could be teams by states in the US! Like instead of the Indian Pacers, it'd be the Indiana Bladers XD
I think it kinda is a sport! But it's like a upcoming sport, because I feel like not many people play it.
(May. 19, 2013  10:47 PM)Tri Wrote: To me in my own opinion, it is a sport! Just looks at all the events it has!

Anyways, yes I would really like that. There could be teams by states in the US! Like instead of the Indian Pacers, it'd be the Indiana Bladers XD

Hey, the Pacers are good!

If it was an official sport that would be amazing! And what if it could be in the Olympics or something like that!
(May. 20, 2013  12:50 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(May. 19, 2013  10:47 PM)Tri Wrote: To me in my own opinion, it is a sport! Just looks at all the events it has!

Hey, the Pacers are good!

If it was an official sport that would be amazing! And what if it could be in the Olympics or something like that!

Idk about Olympics. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to far.
I see it as a sport allredy, and if it got on tv i would flip and link it to everyone who thinks its not a real sport xD
(May. 26, 2013  5:24 PM)Wolfie786â„¢ Wrote: I see it as a sport allredy, and if it got on tv i would flip and link it to everyone who thinks its not a real sport xD
Judging by how it's been aired on tv in Japan you could flip out and link it to everyone Smile
If beyblade was an actual sport,there would probably be many tournaments.Bey Points could actually exist in more than Japan.The stadiums could be full size.The beys should be larger and the beys could have this technology where they can listen to our commands.
You just explained the WBO! (Besides the giant stadium and beys listening to our commands :3)

There are tournaments and bey points out of Japan!
I feel people will start to see it more as a sport if it was televised all over the world I know Japan does something like it but the rest of the world does it for it to be seen as a sport it would at least have to have a channel on tv for beyblade the wbba and wbo would have to step up there game in advertising even having special main locations for beyblade tournaments as well as sponsorship and finally beyblade stores which sell all kinds of beyblades and gear know that would be a dream come true
I mean since it is a sport in Japan in a way, it is sort of like how Football is in most other parts of the world or how Hockey is non-existent in Mexico, etc. It just depends on the popularity of the sport in the country. If it was recognized globally as an official sport, I think it would take a while for it to really catch on in some places, but eventually it would be very popular everywhere I believe.

Heck, Video Games are starting to be more and more recognized as "eSports" why can't Beyblade be referred to as it's own type of sport?
If beyblade was a sport, I could finally be called an ATHLETE!
(May. 19, 2013  8:39 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: It's pretty much already an official sport in Japan... They have these weird battling stations all over the place where you stick in your pointer card and battle some random person. I also heard a statistic that a beyblade tournament in japan is more frequent then a basketball game. I don't know if they just don't play basketball much over there, or if they really do beyblade that much. Tongue_out And there have been some tournaments that were streamed live, so they kinda do already film it! Smile

That your describing is just an arcade game where you battle a beyblade spinning on a screw kind of thing to get points which you trade in for a prize. Also the statistic is in correct i have a friend who's Japanese and was over there recently sorting out deals ect for his Japanese toy store and i asked him about beyblade and its popularity has been on the decline over there, the tournaments don't draw massive crowds of spectators they draw a lot of kids that play it and there parents taking them. The population of Japan is 127.8 million so they would have good tournament numbers but they're nothing compared to the numbers that go to an anime convention or baseball game for example.

I dont see how you guys can consider it a sport and not sure if this is a joke thread or not its strange to me coming back on this site to see what was new with beyblade and seeing this thread.

The definition of sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others. For one beyblade is all about your customization tipping the odds of the battle in your favor or counter picking customization's. There's a small amount of skill when playing attack types with banking/sliding shot but then the rest is luck. So for the most part it all comes down to picking and trying to stack the odds in your favor by your customization, the rest is luck like if the two players use the same customization the person who will win is likely the lucky one.

Do you guys consider TCG's like Yu Gi Oh and MTG sports as well because its basically the same as beyblade in that your make your deck to try and be as consistantly good as possible with your combination of cards but then luck comes into the luck of the draw.
(Jun. 29, 2013  12:48 PM)Bazooka Wrote: If beyblade was a sport, I could finally be called an ATHLETE!

Beyblade involves a lot more skill, like testing out the combos , building them and certain launching techniques and speeds to perform wellthat have nothing to do with luck, so seriously luck has nothing to do with it, maybe some with attack types, but thats what the launching techniques are for. Sorry if this sound rude, but why the carp do you play beyblade if all your going to do is diss it?
(Jun. 30, 2013  4:29 AM)Dirge Wrote: I dont see how you guys can consider it a sport and not sure if this is a joke thread or not its strange to me coming back on this site to see what was new with beyblade and seeing this thread.

You saw anything but all the threads you wanted to read, then. This topic is clearly not representative ...
Ok hold on Dirge first off sports don't all involve teams some are one person as much as I dont like golf is an example as much ridiculous Olympic sports there are beyblade deserves to be a sport the physical exertion is pulling that darn ripcrord there is a lot more skill in beyblade and not only in attack type beys defense and stamina have there own techniques need a certain skill set heck even balance types do if too of the same combo the one who usually wins is the person that has a stronger launch that wins not simply luck or a tie if there even and I believe your being a smart mouth for mentioning yu gi oh there is no physical exertion trust me I play it involves skill but you just setting card down in place really man? Since you say you haven't been on in a while I feel you should brush up on your knowledge of beyblade and sharpen your skill instead on curb stomping positive ideas with your negativity
(Jun. 30, 2013  8:15 AM)aurawolf Wrote: Ok hold on Dirge first off sports don't all involve teams some are one person as much as I dont like golf is an example

(Jun. 30, 2013  4:29 AM)Dirge Wrote: The definition of sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

I didnt say it was only teams if i did that would make the term "team sport" redundant

(Jun. 30, 2013  8:15 AM)aurawolf Wrote: as much ridiculous Olympic sports there are beyblade deserves to be a sport the physical exertion is pulling that darn ripcrord

Your joking right? Theres more physical exertion in brush your teeth then there is pulling a winder Uncertain

(Jun. 30, 2013  8:15 AM)aurawolf Wrote: there is a lot more skill in beyblade and not only in attack type beys defense and stamina have there own techniques need a certain skill set heck even balance types do if too of the same combo the one who usually wins is the person that has a stronger launch that wins not simply luck or a tie if there even

Um not really for example when me and my brother were kids and played with plastics we both had the exact same beyblade, i happen to be the older of us so being older i was bigger and stronger then him meaning i could pull the winder a little harder/faster i didnt win every single game we played. Also how do you use a technique with stamina and defense? the key to those types is staying in the middle of the stadium all you need to do is pull the winder.... The only type that requires a skill is Attack and its only one skill.

(Jun. 30, 2013  8:15 AM)aurawolf Wrote: I believe your being a smart mouth for mentioning yu gi oh there is no physical exertion trust me I play it involves skill but you just setting card down in place really man? Since you say you haven't been on in a while I feel you should brush up on your knowledge of beyblade and sharpen your skill instead on curb stomping positive ideas with your negativity

Well believe what you want, by what you have said earlier about pulling a winder being a physical exertion and the fact that you said you play TCG's then you should know theres more physical exertion involved with the actual game compared to beyblade being that your constantly using your brain and the brain being a muscle and all. Also to make my point again with yu gi oh for example i play a low tier deck and a friend of mine plays a top tier deck, out of the 10 games we played recently i won 1 and that was all because of luck of draws, its the same thing with beyblade a combo that is low tier can win against a beyblade thats top tier of the opposing type every so often and thats because of luck. The games all about tipping the scales in your favor before the battle and not what you do in the battle (unless your playing attack where your sliding shoot/bank is important) which makes it not a sport.

Yes i no longer play beyblade, the thing is though i had been playing for over 8 years and i see you joined after i stopped posting on here if you were around while i was still posting you would have seen how active i was with testing new combos and you wouldnt be saying to brush up on knowledge to me.
Also you can call it curb stomping positive ideas i call it a harsh reality.

(Jun. 30, 2013  4:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You saw anything but all the threads you wanted to read, then. This topic is clearly not representative ...

Ahh sorry Kai-V when i was skimming through and the title of this thread just caught my attention and after reading parts felt the need to say something. And nice to see your still putting up all the info i wanted to find ^^
You say beyblade is not a sport because, among other reasons you stated, it is all about preparation prior to the match? Could that preparation not be considered part of the sport?
There is also weak launching and such, however while I do agree that there is not much "physical exertion," nor is there much done after the launch, there are not a set of rules that state something can only be considered a sport if it has certain aspects.
Additionally, this thread is about the "what if" aspect of the idea, not discussing that it should be (though many posts do get into that topic).

Anyway, in order to become an official sport, beyblades popularity would have to skyrocket. It would have to be recognised as "not just a children's game of spinning tops" which is an obstacle faced by a few sports back in their beginnings.
While it is a possibility, I can't see it happening anytime soon.
It is always funny, yet somewhat depressing, to see someone whom has lost their imagination.

Pretty much like Time said, if Beyblade's could actually be controlled with motion control technology, then it would more than likely become more popular, and quite possibly be seen as having the required "skill" to be recognized as an official sport.