Idea: Burst Remakes Format

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of a format specifically for the Remakes. Remakes are scattered in RBs and some might buy them for collection or nostalgia and stuff, but some people might have had some bad luck on the RBs by getting the remakes. The Metal and Plastic Gen remakes aren't on par with DB Beys and stuff nowadays, giving them not much use in the meta or in battle. There was a plastic remake that's really good in Limited (forgot the name), but it's good that's been put to use. It's the only one that had some use, so I'm saying what if there's a format that only allow the remakes? The general issue of remakes (especially Metal remakes) are the burst resistance of each one, so why not make things like Bursts only count as one point or not even count at all? Ok, maybe that's a bad idea. Point is, maybe if we made a format for it then maybe a collector or 2 would spare a bey and have fun in a tournament. What's cool is that not all plastic gens are meta and not all plastic, all of them also have the issue with burst resistance making matches more even. Tell me your thoughts about the idea, maybe if we made some cuts and improvement with a little encouragement and agreement we could make it into a reality. What do you think?
I like the idea
Consider the balance of this. How many layers would be viable? Plastic gen remakes are significantly weaker than their MFB remake counterparts, so already that's looking poor for them. It'd be more of an MFB remake format since the plastic gen remakes are too weak. Might as well just call it "MFB format" by that point honestly, or else remove all of those and just do plastic gen layers. The meta just doesn't allow for both easily.

With that in mind we see that Burn Phoenix is a high Stamina anti-equalizer. Lightning/Meteo L-Drago are good left spin Attack/equalizer options. Gravity Perseus and Ray are also strong, and even Flame Saggitario with it's imbalances is still great. Truth is the MFB layers are just about all usable for something, but what do we do about their other options? Clearly ' drivers are critical, but do we side with core disks at most like Limited or do we allow full rein with any disk? If you're going to consider it like a format then it'll be critical to figure that out.

And even then... are they even that unviable at all? You cite that as a reason for this format, but there was someone who brought three different MFB remakes into Standard and won points with them rather recently. I personally want to test Burn Phoenix against Roar and Vanish, see if it can hinder them enough myself. Others may have a similar niche. Do we need to make them more usable at all?

Let's talk and think things out here before just going "it sounds cool so let's do it". Formats need rules for things like disk legality and to check the balance of limited formats. Though I certainly won't complain about it if anyone wants to goof around with thoughts on it, but give it a little thought and attention.
Ive never played with the original plastic and metal gens, but i do have allot of the Burst remakes. just my 2 cents :

there seems to be roughly two "gens" of plastic burst remakes....at some point they switched from making the center piece (where the beast sticker goes) in plastic to metal. So the "newer gen" are definitely stronger of the two because....well, metal vs. all plastic.

IMO the all plastic remakes of plastic gen are (this is a real rough estimate) on par with single and dual layer.
The plastic remakes with that metal center moreso the god burst.

Then the metal gen remakes seen to rougly be on par with cho-z.

im not super on top of tournament play....are any of the remakes allowed in various burst formats?
LLD would basically sweep the whole format, it's far and away the best of the lot, you could maybe get Burn to hold up a little against it on certain things but even then it would be a less than great match-up. Unfortunately they didn't do a great job of making these things perform evenly, even with the weirdness with weight distribution on the MFB remakes.

(Feb. 15, 2022  6:20 AM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: Ive never played with the original plastic and metal gens, but i do have allot of the Burst remakes. just my 2 cents :

there seems to be roughly two "gens" of plastic burst remakes....at some point they switched from making the center piece (where the beast sticker goes) in plastic to metal. So the "newer gen" are definitely stronger of the two because....well, metal vs. all plastic.

IMO the all plastic remakes of plastic gen are (this is a real rough estimate) on par with single and dual layer.
The plastic remakes with that metal center moreso the god burst.

Then the metal gen remakes seen to rougly be on par with cho-z.

im not super on top of tournament play....are any of the remakes allowed in various burst formats?

Yeah, the non-metal chip plastic layers are legal in Classic, so Dranzer/Driger/Draciel/Dragoon F/S and Wolborg - Dranzer F, Driger S/F, Dragoon F and Wolborg see use. Those plus Dragoon V/V2, Dranzer V/V2, Gaia Dragoon and Gaia Dragoon V for Bakuten remakes, and Flame Sagittario, Earth Aquila, Rock Leone and Ray Unicorno/Pegasis2/Kerbecs are allowed in Limited - Flame seems to get the most use of these. All are allowed in Standard (and in the proposed GT Format, where LLD and Burn Phoenix may see use, and to a lesser extent Hell and Gravity Perseus).
I like it. The plastic remakes are some of my favorite things, but they get destroyed against anything current. I ran a fun virtual tournament using the 20 year anniversary collection so you could only have Beys that come in that set, it went really well!
Bad Idea Probably. Take this as a Grain of Salt But Stuff like LLD are decent in BGT and Burn Pheonix even has Use in STANDARD!! but stuff like Plastics and others are down there in limited so yeah probably this is not a good idea. But Please Take This As A Grain Of Salt