Aug

IT'S BLADIN' TIME! @ Power Morphicon

Pasadena, California
Pasadena Convention Center
301 E Green St
  At Power Morphicon Booth #830 in Exhibit Hall B, at the @liwfie & @burmeoburmeo table. https://officialpowermorphicon.com/parking/ for more instructions on Parking and Attendance.
3:00PM on 08/25/2024
Hosted by
  Neo
Contact Host
Format
X

Most official Beyblade X gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash

You must have a Power Morphicon Badge to attend this tournament. There is a $5 entry fee due to splitting time for work with the booth and running the bracket. As compensation for the last minute change we are offering a sticker of choice from our booth! You may borrow Beyblades will be available for anyone who doesn't have any. You must return them by the end of the tournament. PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE BOOTH AT 2:45 FOR ATTENDANCE. PLAYERS WHO ARRIVE AFTER 2:45 MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE! Parking fee for the parking listed by the con is $15 in their recommended garage.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Wind down with liwfie and Burmblade at their art booth during the end of Power Morphicon!

We are going to have a fun Beyblade Tournament with friends and anyone at the con who wants to enjoy Tokusatsu and Beyblade, the two greatest creations of mankind and pop culture.

Format:
X, Ranked, 1on1, Deck Finals

(Unranked, TB Matches skipped, Finals changed to 3on3 to 5 Points due to time constraints.)

# of Stadiums:
2 Takara Tomy BX-10 Xtreme Stadiums

Ranked Clauses:
7 Point First Stage (Recommended: Beyblade X)
  • First Stage Matches are played to 7 points for this Tournament.
Out-of-Bounds ruled as Over Finish (Recommended: Beyblade X)
Any Beyblade that goes out-of-bounds in this Tournament will be considered knocked-out instead. If a Beyblade is knocked-out in this manner, it will count as an Over Finish.

#1: Metal Needle Bit Ban
The following Bit may not be used in this tournament: Metal Needle

Venue Information

Players MUST have a Power Morphicon Badge to have access to the Convention, and our table to play at.
It will be in Exhibit Hall B, Booth #830 in the back left.

There is a $5 entry fee due to splitting time for work with the booth and running the bracket. As compensation for the last minute change we are offering a sticker of choice from our booth!
[Image: iyYwvLC.png]
[Image: 0ChKFKY.jpeg]

Parking

Parking at Pasadena Convention Center is easy, you just need to find the center’s parking entrances on Euclid and Marengo (between Cordova St and Green St).
Parking Entrances
The convention center’s subterranean parking structure is shared with Hotel Dena.
There are two entrances, (a) on Euclid Avenue, and (b) Marengo Avenue, both between Green Street and Cordova Street. If you are using a Mobile GPS, enter this address for the most direct route: 
175 South Euclid Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101
  • On-site Parking: 600 spaces
  • Additional Parking: 2,500 spaces within a one-block radius

Note: The parking structure has a height restriction of 6’ 6”
Parking Cost
Daily flat parking rate of $15. Parking tickets are for one entry only and are not valid for in and out parking.

Need-to-Know Information

1. Organizers, their Events, and Event Pages are independent of the World Beyblade Organization website or Fighting Spirits Inc.

Event Organizers are users independent of the World Beyblade Organization website, Fighting Spirits Inc., its directors, members, staff, or volunteers. Event Pages and Events are coordinated and operated separately from the operations of the World Beyblade Organization website or Fighting Spirits Inc, controlled solely by individual Event Organizers.

Under no circumstances will World Beyblade Organization, Fighting Spirits Inc., its directors, members, or staff be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that arise from independent Events advertised on the website. .

2. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
(Jul. 15, 2024  2:30 PM)Trsal Wrote: This event has been approved.

Approve the event and come to it too so you can see your father (Dan Southworth)
Any chance we could also do a tournament at TFcon Los Angeles next year with the Transformers Beyblades? Even tho Hasbro doesn't do Transformers conventions anymore.
is it a one-day tournament or is multiple??
(Jul. 18, 2024  10:42 PM)OptimusPrime Wrote: Any chance we could also do a tournament at TFcon Los Angeles next year with the Transformers Beyblades? Even tho Hasbro doesn't do Transformers conventions anymore.

Sorry, I am actually from Seattle. I'm just hosting this while I'm in town. Good luck though!

(Jul. 19, 2024  12:19 AM)jaylewis Wrote: is it a one-day tournament or is multiple??

It is only on Sunday. I used a PMC Image as a template, but no, there is only one tournament as explained toward the last few hours of the con.
(Jul. 19, 2024  12:38 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2024  10:42 PM)OptimusPrime Wrote: Any chance we could also do a tournament at TFcon Los Angeles next year with the Transformers Beyblades? Even tho Hasbro doesn't do Transformers conventions anymore.

Sorry, I am actually from Seattle. I'm just hosting this while I'm in town. Good luck though!

(Jul. 19, 2024  12:19 AM)jaylewis Wrote: is it a one-day tournament or is multiple??

It is only on Sunday. I used a PMC Image as a template, but no, there is only one tournament as explained toward the last few hours of the con.
Understood thanks!
Hi guyssssss. as the Wife of the Host I just wanted to let everybody know that we’re going to add the exact location of our designated table as soon as we have it from PMC. Burmblade and I will also be at the booth all weekend with our toku so come by before and say hi if u want! also if you have any questions for the tournament and want to ask us in person we’ll be there!
You don't need a deck case to participate, but whatever storage you have is encouraged. I personally use a Melting Cheese box from the grocery store, lol.

Lil-iz
liwfie
LFighter
Dreadking5
Sentaitalks
Shifter42
AhoyImHarker
Kaynan_11N
loglmao
Aecarter234
ookiku
Bettercrab
isurani
Burmblade
@e ²
jaylewis
adsealedxi
@francisN.
IdolTrash
Red Memoraiza
Wazel14
GeekJ
Danbeys8242
Seringuio93
Lofthouse
Gweebert
CDP4739
OptimusPrime

Due to time concerns the format has changed to 1on1. We will still be playing to 7 points in first stage.

I did not expect this much turnout, and I have promised attendees loaner beyblades so keeping things to 1on1 will make things run much smoother.

If you have your own Beys please bring them. If you don't have any please buy some. This will significantly cut back on time and if I'm only loaning out to a few people we may be able to run 3on3 again. Shoot me a DM if you have any more questions.

Also make sure you have your ticket already. I know some people don't read tournament descriptions thoroughly in my community so I have to double check with everyone out of worry, but you do need a con ticket for Power Morphicon for entry. This is not a free venue.

I will update you all again on Friday with directions to our booth and where it's located inside the Con. Thanks!
I just realized, but is there a hard cap of 30 participants that pre-registered on this page? Didn't fully commit on going to the con until just recently and brand new to tournies in general.
Update: Booth confirmed to 830! all the way in the back on the left side Smile
It will be in Exhibit Hall B, Booth #830 in the back left.
[Image: iyYwvLC.png]
[Image: 0ChKFKY.jpeg]

There is a hard cut off time of 2:45 for check-in. If you do not arrive by 2:45, you will be removed from the tournament and not able to participate. Please understand this is for time concerns and event viability due to the size of the booth, and to not disturb other booths or con-goers.

Lil-iz
liwfie
LFighter
Dreadking5
Neo
chuke
ookiku
Burmblade
isurani
Bettercrab
AhoyImHarker
Aecarter234
loglmao
Kaynan_11N
Shifter42
Sentaitalks
@e ²
IdolTrash
adsealedxi
@francisN.
jaylewis
Red Memoraiza
Wazel14
GeekJ
Danbeys8242
Kabooshun13
Seringuio93
Gweebert
CDP4739
OptimusPrime

This will likely be my last post on the event until I work on the spreadsheet, so once again I remind you to read the thread and understand you must pay for parking, Sunday admission, and be there on time at 2:45 for roll call to be eligible for 3:00 start time!

If not cannot make the event for any of those reasons, there is another event in Irvine hosted on the same day, and you may be better off going to their event as it is free.
Lil-iz
liwfie
LFighter
Dreadking5
Neo
RPSSHero
loglmao
Bettercrab
ookiku
Aecarter234
chuke
AhoyImHarker
Sentaitalks
@e ²
FirePhoenix6
Forevergundam47
Burmblade
@francisN.
Shifter42
adsealedxi
IdolTrash
jaylewis
Red Memoraiza
Wazel14
GeekJ
Danbeys8242
Kabooshun13
Seringuio93
Gweebert
OptimusPrime

There is a $5 entry fee due to splitting time for work with the booth and running the bracket. As compensation for the last minute change we are offering a sticker of choice from our booth!
I'm broke after dinner last night. Can someone lend me $5?
Sorry I couldn't make it wasn't feeling too hot after a while but I do hope ppl were able to have fun
(Aug. 26, 2024  1:15 AM)IdolTrash Wrote: Sorry I couldn't make it wasn't feeling too hot after a while but I do hope ppl were able to have fun

Next time, please notify in the thread or click leave tournament before not showing to avoid delays for the organizer.
not sure if you needed winning combos but mine were

Wizard Rod 9-60 Point
Leon Crest 7-60 Gear Point
Tyranno Beat 1-60 Flat
Challonge:

https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/24t2eb4r

Homework:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Footage: