IMPORTANT - SPINOFF IS BACK ON! :D

on
Hosted by
  Rocky
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Yes, you read that right, Spinoff is back on!

After a little negotiation the guys at the MCM Expo have agreed to give us some space for the tourney. Awesome, right? Now here's the hard part: forget everything you have previously heard about Spinoff. Seriously, it'll just confuse the hell out of you. Let's start a fresh, okay?

Okay. Spinoff is now a two day event. It'd be great if you could make both days but if you can only make one then that is fine too. We will have the main tourney on Saturday 23rd. It is scheduled to start at 12:00. This may be pushed back till like 12:30 if people are stuck in queues, etc, but no later than this. If you want to take part you must have registered before then. We will have free battles and demos to the other Expo attendees on both the Saturday (when we're not doing the tourney) and the following Sunday. We may have a mini tourney on the Sunday, depending on the number of people.

The actual tourney will start at roughly midday on the Saturday. If you've put down that you're coming and I can see you're not there then I can wait a bit but I'd like to get it started around that time. I'll post a picture or something later but for now, my number is *number deleted because you don't need it anymore*. Use as appropriate (running late, can't find us, etc.)

As Spinoff is now being hosted inside the Expo, you must buy a ticket. You can either buy a Fast Track Ticket that will allow you early and relatively queue free access to the event, or you can turn up on the day and buy a ticket when you get there. However, if you do this then you may have to wait in some pretty long queues. For that reason, it is advised that you order tickets in advance. For more inormation, please look here: http://www.londonexpo.com/show_information/tickets.html

Transport to the Excel Center is easy as it has very close train and DLR links. Just start at the Excel Center and work backwords to your house! If you have any queries on how to get there then please PM me so I can help you out. Alternatively, this may be of help: http://www.excel-london.co.uk/visitors/travel

It would be nice if you could PM me or post to say you're definitely coming but if not then don't worry. In any case, spread the word and bring along as many friends as you can!

If you have any other questions or queries please ask here or PM me. I'll be sure to answer quickly. If it is a smaller question I would appreciate it if you PMed me rather than spamming up the thread. Thanks a lot in advance. Wink

Obviously the most important part is that we all get to meet and battle each other, but, as an added bonus, we have some prizes. Wink

~Saturday~
1st Prize: 4x RBV2
2nd Prize: 3x RBV2
3rd Prize: 2x RBV2

~Sunday~
1st Prize: 1x RBV2
2nd Prize: 1x RBV2
3rd Prize: 1x RBV2

For those of you who are curious, RBV2 is a pretty awesome RB. Most of the blades in it have good parts, and there's the chance of getting a Libra which is obviously a staple part. Here's what you could win:

Aquario 105B
Aquario DF145SF
Bull DF145HF
Libra 100F
Libra D125HF
Pisces D125BS
Virgo 100B
Virgo 125BS

It seems an attendance list is necessary so.....here we go. Joyful_3 It'd be great if anyone who is 'unconfirmed' could confirm whatever their answer may be as soon as possible. I do apologise if there are any mistakes, I'm sure you can understand that with all the 'it's on', 'no it's off', 'no it's on', 'no it's off' stuff, it is a little confusing. ^^;

Hosts (both days)
Rocky
Blitz
BeyUK-Espio

Confirmed Attendees (saturday unless stated otherwise)
Agitation
BEYKID247
beysharkboy
Beyunit-DL
Brian (no idea, Espio's mate)
Charlotte (possibly both days? need to ask Blitz)
cutewolfsam (possibly both days)
dieddead46 (sunday only)
Driger
KidTala
LeeDraciel
Munkerz (both days)
Newt (no idea)
revertedtozero
Ryan (no idea, Espio's mate)
Samstar1990
Serpentious
TowelTerror
Yuki-Kiba-Chan

Not so sure about...
Willz
Iwillstealyourpocky
Zander
Pikachao
Gravity Fox
kaneholt
revertedtozero
GBB-Shadow
Mistrix636
Azuki-san

I am hesitant to put any more than that. I don't want people to be put down for something they had no intension of going to and then people getting annoyed at them for it. ^^; Who knows, I may have already put too much. :X

As you can see on page 12, Espio is working on another list but let's wait a little till that's updated here. :3

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 15, 2009  12:32 AM)Newt Wrote: A few quick questions.

What format is this tourney (eg swiss, round, robin, knockout ect)
How many rounds? and is there a cut for knockouts?
Any prizes for 1st ect

I think the Round Robin Block System will be used. And yes, there should be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
List has been fixed. I have removed everybody from the confirmed list until I get word that they ate attending. Until then, we can assume they won't be attending. I have added Newt and the two other guys that are coming with him. Italic names are unconfirmed and bold names are confirmed.

PMs have been sent out accordingly.
hahaha you guys are stressing too much

whoever shows up shows up. don't worry about it
(May. 15, 2009  12:38 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: List has been fixed. I have removed everybody from the confirmed list until I get word that they ate attending. Until then, we can assume they won't be attending. I have added Newt and the two other guys that are coming with him. Italic names are unconfirmed and bold names are confirmed.

PMs have been sent out accordingly.

Everyone that were in the previous "confirmed" list actually confirmed that they were going though. There was no need to start all over again lol
(May. 15, 2009  12:36 AM)Aqua Wrote: I think the Round Robin Block System will be used. And yes, there should be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Round robin gets worse for the more people that enter. Also how many stadiums do you guys currently have?
(May. 15, 2009  12:44 AM)Newt Wrote: Round robin gets worse for the more people that enter. Also how many stadiums do you guys currently have?

It's not Round Robin though, the Round Robin Block System will be used. It's different.
Blitz is bringing one or two stadiums.

I'm bringing all four released MFB stadiums.

Rocky may bring hers assuming she gets everything in time =D.
Blitz is definitely bring two, can't remember about the third. I really doubt I'll get my stuff in time. Pinching_eyes_2 I think we shall be okay on the stadium front anyways though. :3
I'm going to make an order from theINtoy tomorrow. So is there anything I should get? All I'm buying this month is the Carbiner grip so meh. Rocky or Blitz, any suggestions?
^stamina and def set
RBV2
hybrid wheel match set

best stuff in stock there right now imo
Yeah i'm gonna get Hybrid Wheel match set aswell , already got defense stamina.Joyful_3
(May. 15, 2009  12:27 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: IMPORTANT

This is the most accurate and up to date list for the WBO Sanctioned Beyblade Spinoff Tournament hosted at the MCM Expo on the 23rd May 2009. I beyuk espio have sent PM's to everybody. If you can PM me back as soon as possible to let me beyuk espio know whether you will be attending the tournament or not. The tournament is the main concern. If your going to turn up for free-battles as well then you do not need to let us know, you just turn up.

Hosts:
Rocky
Blitz
BeyUK-Espio

Judges:
Blitz - ??
revertedtozero - ??

Turnout

Confirmed for tournament:
Beyunit
Brian
Charlotte
cutewolfsam
BEYKID247
Driger
KidTala
Newt
Ryan
TowelTerror
Zander
Munkerz

Unconfirmed
Pikachao
Gravity Fox
kaneholt
Yuki-Kiba-Chan
revertedtozero
Mistrix636
Azuki-san
Golden Hiro
Serpentious
Raikun
TheGigsMeister
Agitations friend
Sasch
Giga
hamix
NeekAlert
Sora
Samstar1990
LeeDraciel
Saphyr
circuitface
KaiBrooklynRaul
MariahRay
OzumaLeeMax
NeoBlader
Maryam_Hiwatari
Agitation
Faint Brushfire
PRINCEcharming
Shining Wolf
wolf
Nasriasi
Rakstar
Revolution LITE
XxH3llFir3xX
BBGoldFlame
Megablader
samax2000
chuky11
StarWulfen
beysharkboy
Ampz
ChozenBlader

People we don't have links to:
Yuki-Kiba-Chan's friends
'beyblade-nation' and friends
LeeDraciel's friends

Appearing Sunday only:
Dieddead
rewrite if attending
(May. 15, 2009  12:27 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Unconfirmed
Munkerz

(May. 15, 2009  12:31 AM)Aqua Wrote: Yeah, there are some mistakes in that list Espio Wink

Yup... Mistakes Cute
I already said I was coming.
(May. 15, 2009  12:54 AM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: I'm going to make an order from theINtoy tomorrow. So is there anything I should get? All I'm buying this month is the Carbiner grip so meh. Rocky or Blitz, any suggestions?

For this if you haven't ordered your stuff yet, can you buy a couple of Right Luanchers, I bought 4 to lend out, but we will need a few more.
I do have like 5 Beylaunchers I can lend out though... But don't think these will be good for beginners.
Sorry guys, no can do on the order. I have got to many other things that are coming out this month. This is what I intend on bringing:

Wide Square Type Stadium
Attack Type Stadium
Balance Type Stadium
Stamina Type Stadium
x8 additional Rip cords and shooter
x1 additional Beylaunchers
Numerous MFB Beyblades

I'm very hesitant in lending my blades out to the public if they want to enter the tournament. The last thing I want to do is have them stolen. I will let them borrow and have some for demos but only a limited number will be used.
OK, I have very, very good news, I am going for sure now, even if I have to drag myself there or crawl. Travelling by myself is not a problem anymore. Smile

O and Espio, I never got the PM.
You didn't get a PM because I knew you were going =D haha. I would removed you if you replied in here and said you can't make it anyway.

(May. 15, 2009  4:45 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: OK, I have very, very good news, I am going for sure now, even if I have to drag myself there or crawl. Travelling by myself is not a problem anymore. Smile

O and Espio, I never got the PM.
Beyukespio get what you want from theintoy not what other people tell you to get it's your choice .
(May. 15, 2009  4:48 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: You didn't get a PM because I knew you were going =D haha. I would removed you if you replied in here and said you can't make it anyway.

OK then, I forgot to say that i also have the money now but I don't have an early ticket so that means I have got to line up for one. Unhappy
Was Rocky not selling hers?

Also, regarding the internet at Excel. They don't extend into the actual halls. You could bring the laptop and see if we can get a single seeing as we are near the entrance. We would need to pay for the airtime on the BT Openzone website however.

We can do that on the Saturday if we get a signal. Other than that, if we don't then there is no way of registering new users? The only way I can think of is to take usernames down on a piece of paper and then register them in bulk with a temporary password. If not then we can register using my mobile phone, however, I will be doing all the data entry.
She was but i bought it , because i went to her place to collect it.
(May. 15, 2009  5:04 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: She was but i bought it , because i went to her place to collect it.

Damn! Never mind, I'm sure I will be fine, though lining up is a pain but never mind.
I think your able to line up for the fast track ticket on the day , but don't take my word for it.
Does anyome know how long mail order japan takes to send to america
(May. 15, 2009  6:19 PM)Sora Wrote: Does anyome know how long mail order japan takes to send to america

We have a MOJ thread :\

plus it depends what shipping you select