I Am Philly Blader X

Hello everyone.

I will make this brief.

My name is Anthony and I am 23 years old.

I am a professional beyblader and will always have a passion for it.

I won 1st place in ALL toys r us sanctioned tournaments years ago and WOULD of won the East Coast Championship in New York, had I realized earlier that the opponent who beat me was using an illegal Japanese beyblade that was more than likely, modified..

I live in Philadelphia, PA, U.S.A. and I ONLY use old-school/first generation based Beyblades.

Get to know me.

It is nice to be a part of the beyblade world again. I still cannot believe it was brought back after so many years. I do not watch the new show and I have never use dor seen/battled a new bey, but I am interested in getting more into it.

Thank you everyone and have a great day.

Twenty-three years old now ? Hasbro's age limit was fourteen. The tournaments were in around 2003, if not 2004. Would you not have been slightly over the age limit for the world championships anyway ?
I would of won and made them change the discriminating age rule Wink

I mean c'mon, seriously...this corruption forces people to not do what makes them happy.

There were many older bladers at the tournament.

Age literally means how many years you have been alive and nothing more.
For sure the World Beyblade Organization shares this philosophy, and is the only Beyblade body to do so.
Which is precisely why I joined.

I am glad to hear this.

It has been a pleasure meeting you Smile

hiya, welcome to WBO hope you enjoy your time here!!Wink
So your 23 also? So am i. Back in 2004 I was to old to participate in any tournaments. I was 15 or so when the East Coast championships happened. The WBO does have plastic tournaments. But not as often. And they dont count towards beypoints. Welcome to the WBO. If you need anything feel free to message me.
I figure this is a suiting first post since intro threads are pretty pointless.

It's cool to see there are other Philadelphia bladers! Myself (21) and Johhny9000 (22) are two bladers centered around the Aston PA area and we have a pretty good time just kicking back and battling on evenings when we're off from work. Unfortunately, I'm out at PSU right now (which isn't so bad! I've successfully converted some new friends to what johnny calls: The Church of Bey), so I won't be back until early May, but maybe we could get something going on my return? Meeting other bladers on a casual basis is always fun, and we could totally show off some MFB builds. Johnny has a pretty stellar collection, so we could definitely replicate some combos from the competitive bey thread to demonstrate. We'll probs have some Zero G stuff by then too!

But yeah, I never participated in tournaments or anything like that. When I was younger and an avid plastics gen player, Beyblading for me and my friends was more of a story driven game for us (being overly dramatic and using beys we thought looked cool/based off our favorite show character) than regulated competitions. Mountain Dew and Beyblading. A most beautiful combination.
welcome too the WBO ! Grin
Thank you all so very much.

I went to PSU Brandywine in Media, PA for awhile Smile

I would be VERY interested to expand "The Church of Bey" and meet those currently within the self-created organization.

We will be in touch and meet at some point.

My cousin is quite adept and will also join us, I am sure. I will bring him into these message boards.

I tore through the Philly tournaments back in the day. I miss those days.

Most of the lingo that you used, I am unfamiliar with, considering I know NOTHING of "new" beyblading, however I am very eager to battle the new generations with my old customs and implement some decimation Wink

This is exciting and most fortunate.
You should get in touch with The Problem and hydreigon and get the Philly tournament scene fired up!
Notify them if you can.

I will contact them and this WILL happen.

Thank you again friend Smile
(Feb. 28, 2012  8:43 PM)Philly Blader X Wrote: I went to PSU Brandywine in Media, PA for awhile Smile
Awwwww yisssssss. I was there for my first two years. But definitely. I would love to get an active Philly tournament group going.
We will.

We should form a team of sorts.

I was the Leader in one during all of the Philly tournaments and the duration of my career as an active beyblader, during the entire first generation releases. My team consisted of 3 others who were always older then the rest of the bunch. We found an Asian team that we frequently battled in South Philly. They attended every tournament and always met their demise haha Wink We would blade for hours and train like it was our life after every tournament with them and on our own.

You can help transition me into this "new" generation. From the show, all of the newest blades, stadiums etc. I will stick with my old customs for now, for I have 3 or 4 of the most powerful, in my opinion, from multiple tests, ranging from speed, attack, endurance, durability, different stadium challenges with advantages and disadvantages etc.
welcome to the WBO!!!!
Me, Kyle and a few others already have a team
welcome I hope that you enjoy your stay at the WBO
Oh, do you now Johnny?

Then it seems like me and my cousin have our work cut out for us Wink

In any case, I propose a challenge, on my own or otherwise friends Smile

We'll be in touch.
(Mar. 01, 2012  8:27 PM)Philly Blader X Wrote: Oh, do you now Johnny?

Then it seems like me and my cousin have our work cut out for us Wink

In any case, I propose a challenge, on my own or otherwise friends Smile

We'll be in touch.

I accept but I sincerely suggest you get some of the newer Beys because the plastic ones can and most likely will be broken
Quote:I accept but I sincerely suggest you get some of the newer Beys because the plastic ones can and most likely will be broken

Before I notice damage, we'll count the win/lose ratio Wink

Teach me friends Grin

These new beys greatly intrigue me.