Hybrid Wheel System

The Hybrid Wheel System is the next generation of Metal Fight Beyblade. This was revealed to us in a product description for Rock Leone 145WB:

BB-30 ROCK LEONE 145WB METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE booster from METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE, "BB-30 booster ROCK LEONE 145WB" appeared!
"BB-30 booster ROCK LEONE 145WB", with the motif of Leo "BEYBLADE new"!
The ultra-WIDE BALL BOTTOM, unblinking and fierce attack!
"New BEYBLADE", HYBRID WHEEL SYSTEM with!
The Wheel "layer" is up!
Wheel 2 by a separate layer, modified the pattern of attack and lateral direction, can be modified with a variety of battle!
HYBRID WHEEL can be modified and the other BEYBLADE.
Parts can be modified with existing BEYBLADE course!

※ This product, "BEYLAUNCHER" "RIGHT LAUNCHER" are not included.

"BB-30 booster ROCK LEONE 145WB"
With WIDE BALL BOTTOM!
Bay Type: Defense Type

Beyblade Spirit describes the Hybrid Wheel system as this:

"A new Hybrid Wheel System will appear with the new releases in March. It seems to consist of 5 layers now: the Face, a first Wheel layer, a second one, the Track and the Bottom. That second Wheel layer appears to be the only part made of metal; the others are made of plastic. All of these parts can be modified amongst the new releases (Dark Wolf DF145FS, Rock Leone 145WideBall, etc.)."

So basically, the Wheel now consists of two layers, a plastic layer and a metal layer, which are all interchangeable within the Hybrid Wheel System.

Interestingly -- and somewhat disconcertingly -- is the Random Booster Light series. Currently, there are two announced:

BB-31 Random Booster Light Vol. 1 Mad Cancer (March 28)
BB-37 Random Booster Light Vol. 2 Wind Aquario 100CB (May 23)

Random Booster Light only includes the plastic Wheel part, Face, Track and Bottom. There are no Metal Wheel parts in these boosters. However, the prices for the RBL are significantly lower. Nonetheless, a lot of Bladers are pretty upset about this because it means that these boosters will not include a full Beyblade.

Currently announced Hybrid Wheel products:

BB-28 Storm Pegasis 105RF (March 28)
BB-29 Dark Wolf DF145FS (March 28)
BB-30 Rock Leone 145WB (March 28)
BB-31 Random Booster Right Vol. 1 Mad Cancer (March 28)
BB-32 Hybrid Wheel Match Set (March 28)
BB-35 Flame Sagittario C145S (April 25)

Thanks to Kai-V and Beyblade Spirit.
This would just be similar to the Older Plastics with Sub Attack rings wouldn't it?
I'm still so sad about about this... But why a seperate thread just for this?
Takara-Tomy: Metal Fight Beyblade!
Takara-Tomy: With all METAL wheels!

*A few months later*

Takara-Tomy: With mostly METAL wheels!
(Feb. 18, 2009  3:42 AM)AlphaOmega Wrote: Takara-Tomy: Metal Fight Beyblade!

*A few months later*

No they just added plastic to the metal. The extra plastic makes it better -.-
(Feb. 18, 2009  3:40 AM)Sega Wrote: This would just be similar to the Older Plastics with Sub Attack rings wouldn't it?

I'm not sure I'd use this comparison. It's more like the ABS caul and Metal Frame of the HMS generation.

(Feb. 18, 2009  3:41 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I'm still so sad about about this... But why a seperate thread just for this?

Well, it's the new system and there's information spread across a bunch of threads so I figured I'd make a thread so everyone knows about it.

(Feb. 18, 2009  3:42 AM)AlphaOmega Wrote: Takara-Tomy: Metal Fight Beyblade!

*A few months later*

Yeah, it is pretty funny. I don't think we're going to see less metal though, just the same amount of metal with some plastic stuck to it.
so the AR are gonna be like a wide attack ring
and the structure of the beyblad is gonna be alot lower
(Feb. 18, 2009  3:45 AM)driger king Wrote: so the AR are gonna be like a wide attack ring
and the structure of the beyblad is gonna be alot lower

What? :pwn: The Wheels will be the same width, and this doesn't affect the height of the Beyblade ...
(Feb. 18, 2009  3:41 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I'm still so sad about about this... But why a seperate thread just for this?

I guess, the previous thread for 'Hybrid Wheels' was getting crowded, some people seemed to be getting confused (from what I read) and there was quite a bit of new info. This new thread just clarfies everything.

Taraka Tomy was doing everything so well so far...... and then plastic returned.
But on a positive note; at least if the new wheels are not beneficial, we'll still be getting a whole bunch of new tracks and bottoms Smile

So these will also have plastic right?
=> BB-31 Random Booster Light Vol. 1 Mad Cancer
=> BB-37 Random Booster Light Vol. 2 Wind Aquario 100CB
I'm curious to see how these will affect the performance of the Beyblades, all of the Wheels released thus far are entirely metal, so ...

(Feb. 18, 2009  3:57 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: So these will also have plastic right?

This is the case, apparently.
(Feb. 18, 2009  3:57 AM)Aqua_24 Wrote: So these will also have plastic right?

As I said in the OP, these boosters are plastic only -- no metal.
reread. so its as if the plastic cauls of HMS were interchangebale with the metal frames, right?
Any idea if the metal part of the wheel will be the same weight as current wheels or lighter with the plastic evening it out?
(Feb. 18, 2009  4:27 AM)Blue Wrote: reread. so its as if the plastic cauls of HMS were interchangebale with the metal frames, right?

Yeah.

(Feb. 18, 2009  4:29 AM)Maz Wrote: Any idea if the metal part of the wheel will be the same weight as current wheels or lighter with the plastic evening it out?

I can only speculate that they'd be crazy to make them lighter.
I have absolutely no idea as to how this will look, but I am very interested to find out. Hopefully more info/pics are released soon. I am seriously considering holding off on any MFB purchases until this is released. No point in buying anything now if there is a serious possibility of it getting outclassed so soon.
Wouldn't it just be a waste of time in a way? Because if theres only going to be a limited number of Metal Parts they'd have the same outcome regardless of the plastic layer? Im just thinking it will just be there for Looks and nothing else.
Looking at the Storm Pegasis wheel, I assume the plastic part will change nothing except for the spin direction and color.
It's pretty good like that, because if plastic would be used as a part of the outer wheel, we'd probably see some more breaks soon.
looks pretty cool
Quote:
(Feb. 18, 2009  4:29 AM)Maz Wrote: Any idea if the metal part of the wheel will be the same weight as current wheels or lighter with the plastic evening it out?

I can only speculate that they'd be crazy to make them lighter.

I mean like lets say the average weight of wheels now is 37g. Do you think the metal parts will be like 30g and plastic 7g.

Thats what i meant by lighter with the plastic evening it out.
Ah, I imagine the metal content will stay roughly the same.
So your hoping with the added weight from the plastic piece the new wheels will be heavier on average?
(Feb. 19, 2009  1:37 AM)Maz Wrote: So your hoping with the added weight from the plastic piece the new wheels will be heavier on average?

I doubt we will see any weight fluctuation, to be honest.
Well if the metal pieces are the same then the plastic would add some weight no?
(Feb. 19, 2009  1:40 AM)Maz Wrote: Well if the metal pieces are the same then the plastic would add some weight no?

Chief - Sigh ...

How much do you think this small layer is going to weigh? 2-3g max? There may be a slight reduction of metal, but it will be almost unnoticeable and compensated for by the plastic weight. Even with this speculation though, it's impossible to know.
I have trouble visualizing what the plastic parts will look like on the wheel and how big they will be so i'm not sure how heavy they can get. Correct me if I'm wrong but the heaviest plastic AR's where 8g right. I guess your right in that regard to estimate them being 2-3g when figuring in the size of MFB Wheels and the fact that they will be mostly (I hope) Metal.