How to look "cool" as you enter the toy aisle

So us folks in North America know we're gonna be getting those blades in our stores soon Smile and i'm sure most of you guys are 13 age + Smile

So my question to all you guys is, knowing you guys are older then the average typical kid who goes to their nearest Target to get their blade, how will YOU guys get the blades and stroll over to the cash register? Do you you guys not care? Or do you sweat bullets as you fear that you might see the cute girl from your high school, seeing you push around a cart full of elementary toys? XD

haha anyways, what are you guys gonna do?
this is both refreshingly honest and hilarious
im not thirteen yet so i dont have that problem but ive seen guys at my target wear there hoodie over there face and go in a REALLY big group.
HA!!!!!! I just hope i can get all the blades i want before i turn 12!
Go to one not anywhere near places you frequent. Problem solved!
I'm guessing most people don't care, because well how many people would join a site about beyblade & post pics of themselves & still care about who sees? The way I view it is that everyone has a favorite hobby, and they shouldn't quit just because their "friends" think it's lame.
actual answer: as long as you're not an obsessive freak who lets your hobbies dominate your life, anyone worth knowing isn't going to care
well actually in small towns in kansas like mine if you buy a beyblade and someone you know is at that same store you'll hide in grocery section and wait for them to leave before you buy it.. trust me ive seen it
if you are ashamed of your hobbie or anything then why play it at all

i personally have learned over the years not to give a carp about what others think about you and what you enjoy doing

but if you are still ashamed and some sees you and says "hey what you doing" just respond " I'm getting my (cousin/brother/relative) some of these for his b-day he loves to play with them"
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:01 AM)SilverWind Wrote: well actually in small towns in kansas like mine if you buy a beyblade and someone you know is at that same store you'll hide in grocery section and wait for them to leave before you buy it.. trust me ive seen it

Being a coward is significantly more unattractive than buying toys.
well you're not a coward if they don't see you hiding.
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:03 AM)SilverWind Wrote: well you're not a coward if they don't see you hiding.

someone sig this
Honestly, unless someone sees you buying Beyblades often, or buying like 20 at once, they'll just think that you're buying them for a younger brother/ sister/ cousin, I know I probably would.

Nice, unique thread, btw.
*Dream sequence* Sees "popular" girl who his school at store holding her own beyblade, (apparantly an imported normal Pegasis) but girl doesn't see him, takes out DSi, snaps pic, shutter sound alerts girl of presence, she runs away. *End dream sequence* Doesn't matter if you don't see them, it DOES matter if they see you. And if they run, most likely they run when they think you're looking at them (when you're actually looking at the Beyblade they're hiding) and you'll usually see them, no matter what.

EDIT: Was quoting SilverWind's post before this one, wow, really hot topic!
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: someone sig this

Cool
yup this so now my sig
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:02 AM)Toonpenguin Wrote: if you are ashamed of your hobbie or anything then why play it at all

i personally have learned over the years not to give a carp about what others think about you and what you enjoy doing

but if you are still ashamed and some sees you and says "hey what you doing" just respond " I'm getting my (cousin/brother/relative) some of these for his b-day he loves to play with them"

nicely said, and I'm the same way. Then again I've known for being a bit...off so, oh and for of you whom are young like 13 or under don't worry. I'm 17 going on 18 and I'm playing Tongue_out_wink
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:23 AM)Cyberloard Wrote: nicely said, and I'm the same way. Then again I've known for being a bit...off so, oh and for of you whom are young like 13 or under don't worry. I'm 17 going on 18 and I'm playing Tongue_out_wink

same here i'm 18.

Thoughtout my 4 years of High School i have figured out that being is the worse. Theres all the violencs and "rugs"(cough) that comes with it, By being my anime nerdy self i've made some amazing friends at school.

COOL standards for
C-C**ky
O-Overwhelming
O-Ongoing
L-Loser

and if u dnt learn this b4 u graduate HS , College is gonna be twice as hard when it comes what others think of you
I'm 21, I walk into that aisle, grab what I want (or look around a bit), stroll to the register and buy it. I think its silly to be embarrassed about something like grabbing a toy off a shelf and being seen buying it.

Though I remember a couple years ago, I was buying some blades , and the cashier asked if I wanted a gift receipt. It was just a bit amusing that she assumed that they were gifts.
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:33 AM)Crimson Wrote: Though I remember a couple years ago, I was buying some blades , and the cashier asked if I wanted a gift receipt. It was just a bit amusing that she assumed that they were gifts.

Most people would make that assumption.
If I was 15-16 maybe someone would have cared, but since I'm 20 everyone would just think I'm buying it for someone younger.
(Mar. 06, 2010  3:31 AM)Toonpenguin Wrote: same here i'm 18.

Thoughtout my 4 years of High School i have figured out that being is the worse. Theres all the violencs and "rugs"(cough) that comes with it, By being my anime nerdy self i've made some amazing friends at school.

COOL standards for
C-C**ky
O-Overwhelming
O-Ongoing
L-Loser

and if u dnt learn this b4 u graduate HS , College is gonna be twice as hard when it comes what others think of you

Most people don't give 2 turds about what you do in college during your free time. The clique bs pretty much gets abolished the minute you step on campus.

Only people who actually care/should care are recruiters in which case they are looking to see what you've done in school is applicable to the job at hand. In other words can you add value to the organization.

COOL standards for
C-C**ky
O-Overwhelming
O-Ongoing
L-Loser

ah, well my school isn't violent or anything, and bulling rarely happens. Even if it was, It wouldn't matter because the sad truth is my off personality has made me know around the school. So I'm Kinda popular. Don't get me wrong I'm not like "the popular" crowed who tend to a-holes and I hang with the other Anime nerds.

COOL standards for
C-C**ky
O-Overwhelming
O-Ongoing
L-Loser

You should work in becoming a grammar nerd, next.

I don't get it; I guess I can't be cool if I like this stuff, then.