How to look "cool" as you enter the toy aisle

(Mar. 06, 2010  6:55 PM)BladerAce17 Wrote: I agree, 1000%. If they don't like what you do, too bad for them!

BTW, you look cool by going in like you want to buy something that you want, because you want it or it interests you. Big deal if you are older, people who'll mock you for it are just being carps, ignore and move on!

Haha, this is a great reply actually. Joyful_2
I'm SHOCKED that no one has given the correct answer here:

Wear a leather jacket.

/pwn

thats the best i got, someone write the wikihow for this. I got nothing:
http://www.wikihow.com/Special:GoogSearc.../Main-Page
(Mar. 07, 2010  1:13 AM)firelord767 Wrote: I'm SHOCKED that no one has given the correct answer here:

Wear a leather jacket.

/pwn

thats the best i got, someone write the wikihow for this. I got nothing:
http://www.wikihow.com/Special:GoogSearc.../Main-Page

... get out
Wow, this one is so simple, it's too easily overlooked!

Wear a mask (but not one that make's you look like a person who'll likely shoplift) and a hooded jacket. Then, when paying for your new blades, take off your mask, but be sure no one who knows you that you don't trust is looking. Option after taking off mask: Say to the cashier that you don't want anyone you know seeing you buy toys.

Really easy trick, you don't lie, but on the downside you'll probably get weird looks from people in the store. Or, you can say you're buying the blades for someone who likes the toy(s). Easier, and there's probably no downside!
Serious

Thanks for pooing up an interesting thread guys!
(Mar. 07, 2010  2:17 AM)Anime Wrote: Wow, this one is so simple, it's too easily overlooked!

Wear a mask (but not one that make's you look like a person who'll likely shoplift) and a hooded jacket. Then, when paying for your new blades, take off your mask, but be sure no one who knows you that you don't trust is looking. Option after taking off mask: Say to the cashier that you don't want anyone you know seeing you buy toys.

Really easy trick, you don't lie, but on the downside you'll probably get weird looks from people in the store. Or, you can say you're buying the blades for someone who likes the toy(s). Easier, and there's probably no downside!

Chief 2002 - Idea! Or you could be a normal person and just go into the shop and buy it.
(Mar. 07, 2010  1:13 AM)firelord767 Wrote: Wear a leather jacket.

LOL

I'm 12 as of 2 weeks ago, and I felt embarrassed walking into the toy aisle starting at 9! I just think over the years things have gotten more kiddy, even kids things themselves! For example, at the Aventura Mall (In Florida), there was a ocean-like playground with a big ship, a whale spring ride, things like that. But now, it's Happy Rainbow Gumdrop Land (As much as that isn't the actual name, it has those tall bush things in Super Mario Bros. 3, but smiling). It got me really upset because I used to play in the old playground, but that isn't my point. I just have a feeling things are getting too kiddy.
Whats wrong with walking into a store and buying them? Honestly, it would be more embarrasing to see you buying Beyblades wearing a dumb mask, rather than without.

I know one thing, I would will laugh at the dumb*** wandering around Walmart with a shady looking disguise.

Best thing you can do is buy a whole bunch of other stuff as well. You won't look like a dufas and more like a normal shopper =)
I'm a 17 year old high school senior and have been collecting all kinds of toys for years. I find no shame in casually walking into a store and buying a toy. Most of my collection is composed of imported goods or things I picked up in hobby shops, but I never found any trouble strolling down Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. to feed my plastic crack addiction.
btw if you don't look like you're worried about it no one will care
I don't care about what other people think of me. I stopped letting that stuff get to me a long time ago. Besides I hold high beybattleing records in my school.
Haha all your answers amused me in a way Smile

yes yes, i agree with you all, "Don't let the fear of man control from what you do." But for all who say that, do you actually back it up to its FULL extent? Tongue_out

and to all the people who talk about "Oh im the best blader in my school, i don't care if i seem foolish etc etc. " cut your nonsense! lets stick to the real world okay? Smile

haha and the leather jackets, no one can go wrong with that Smile))
(Mar. 06, 2010  11:51 PM)♥ Wrote: Haha, this is a great reply actually. Joyful_2

Thank you.

phreshD To full extent? I guess so, when it comes to the toy store. I'll walk into the Lego isle, and won't care who sees. That what you mean?
(Mar. 08, 2010  1:18 AM)phreshD Wrote: and to all the people who talk about "Oh im the best blader in my school, i don't care if i seem foolish etc etc. " cut your nonsense! lets stick to the real world okay? Smile
Yeah because there could be alot of noobs in your school. But when you get to meet a good rival you have alot of challenges.
i'm 16 and i still go in the toy isle at wal-mart, so i would just do it. i'm not embarrassed cause some people think 16 is too old to be playing with toys. i know for a fact that there are people a lot older who so the same thing.
i don't care at all, i have been buying bladesin public for years, besides, i am 15, i buy yu-gi-oh cards at target all the time, so, i have no fear of going into a target and buying a beyblade
when i used to go to target or walmart at 16 to buy new blades, i used to take out a list out of my pocket so people would think the beyblades werent for me
i know say its for a friends little brother's bday! lol
Well over here, if you buy from argos no one will see you actually pick it up from the toy aisle - because their isn't one. UK members problems solved xD
Not particularly, since any toy with multiple models are always listed as "Assortment", making it time-consuming and difficult to actually walk away with the one you want.
(Mar. 11, 2010  7:50 PM)♥ Wrote: Not particularly, since any toy with multiple models are always listed as "Assortment", making it time-consuming and difficult to actually walk away with the one you want.

they do have some good items though
but they are always so carpin crowded :\
Well, in addition to my earlier post, most people who haven't played with Beyblades/toys in a while are amazed to see them again. I brought my Earth Virgo in a couple of days ago because a friend asked me too, and no-one bothered me about it. In fact, they found them 'really cool'.

Several people asked why I had bought it, and a simple response of "cos' I felt like it" did the trick and they just wondered on. Most people here are going on about disguises and leather jackets(?), but really, who is going to care. They're gonna tease you far more if you get rumbled.
(Mar. 11, 2010  8:22 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote: Well, in addition to my earlier post, most people who haven't played with Beyblades/toys in a while are amazed to see them again. I brought my Earth Virgo in a couple of days ago because a friend asked me too, and no-one bothered me about it. In fact, they found them 'really cool'.

Several people asked why I had bought it, and a simple response of "cos' I felt like it" did the trick and they just wondered on. Most people here are going on about disguises and leather jackets(?), but really, who is going to care. They're gonna tease you far more if you get rumbled.

which is why most people work on not getting rumbled
it's elementary my dear cyber kerberous
(Mar. 11, 2010  8:27 PM)MetalFightKai Wrote: which is why most people work on not getting rumbled
it's elementary my dear cyber kerberous

Haha, I might as well be more more blunt. Its sad that anyone would feel they cannot buy a toy without being bullied or harassed in the aisle. No-one cares!