How does the internal workings of engine gear work?

Hey everyone, firstly I'd just like to say that this place is awesome and i've been looking for a community like this for ages! Hope to be letting it rip with some of you real soon!

anyways, my question. basically, I recently purchased a dranzer GT from ebay. it's real, awesome in every aspect and came unopened in the original box. however, on closer expectation i noticed a fascinating problem with the engine gear. basically, it's a right spinner that spins left. the casing of the system is right, and fits on right spinning launchers. yet when you wind it up it twists right, and so when activated during battle spins left, the opposite direction in which the blade itself is spinning. confusing to say the least. is this how its meant to be?

anyways, i got the grand idea to undo the screws of the engine gear and have a look around. well, it didnt go well to say the least. basically the thing that creates the energy of the engine gear is a coiled strip of metal that interacts with the rest of the internal gears to create the spin. unfortunatly, once taken out its near on impossible to get back in. as such im completly up the preverble stream and without a paddle. i've figured out the layout of the internal gears but not in what order they work nor how to get the metal coil thing back in. really, im just interested in getting the gear working in, but curiosity won't let me rest till i have a true understanding of hos the system works looool.

so yeah, thats my situation. any advice/tips/solution would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance.
I've done my fair share of beylauncher tampering, and if my hunch is right and the coiled spring mechanism within the launcher is anything similar to that of a beylauncher's spring assembly, then the coil should be connected to the shaft in a way that, when turned with the coil direction (rewinding the the engine gear after use) tension is built in the coil against the shaft. The gear setup is most likely connected in a way to the central axle that allows it to turned in one direction freely, and keeps the engine from unwinding itself by means of a switch( that small white peg you see jutting out the side of the assembled engine gear)

Now if you were to crank the the axle as if you were rewinding it and look at the white peg, you would see it go in and out with each click. The assembly is made in a way that allows the switch to "jump" and relieve tension if too much tension is placed on it, perhaps if somebody were to overtighten it. Now that small white peg, when pushed in, allows the tension in the spring to relieve itself by unwinding and returning to its original state. As it unwinds, it catches the axle and spins it in the intended direction, opposite to the way you cranked it.

There are different types of clutches that can be found in EG generation blade bases, you can read more about them and their characteristics here:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Spin_Gears
Basically, by means of centrifugal force, in the case of Dgoon GT, a mechanism is triggered within the blade base that activates the gear; pushing in the small white switch and allowing the coil to unwind itself.

It also appears that the axle isn't firmly attached to the spring assembly, As its momentum would allow it to spin in the direction of release easily after completely unwinding the spring, provided that the white switch is still held down.

Hope that all made sense to you, If I find some time, I'll try to draw up some diagrams for you.

When it comes to fixing it, could you possibly provide me with pictures of your gear? I'm rather reluctant to take one of mine apart, I've heard it can be rather... explosive.
the reason it spins left is so the blade spins right faster, if it spun right it would defeat the purpis
Saranix, the Dranzer GT engine gear is designed to spin left for a reverse attack. For example, if Dranzer GT is spinning clockwise, when the engine gear is released it will spin counter clockwise around the stadium for a short time for a reverse attack. Danzer G however, its engine gear spins right, which just speeds up the movement of the blade.
@ Kiina

Actually, no.
In the case of dranzer GT's engine gear, the purpose of the gear itself is not a speed boost, but instead spins in the opposite direction when released for a momentary reversal of the blade's regular spin patten.

I myself never found this particularly useful, however.

edit; Beaten by linh004. (:
(Jan. 22, 2010  11:45 PM)KIINA Wrote: the reason it spins left is so the blade spins right faster, if it spun right it would defeat the purpis

No? It spins left when the engine gear activates.
you're probably screwed; you shouldn't have opened it up
Yeah not a good idea to open the engine gear, its supposed to say closed/not be tampered with. Just out of interest, where did you get the Dranzer GT? They're pretty rare.
There's only one solution: Buy a new one, you can't fix it. Unhappy

Also, you should have looked at the images on the box/instructions and if you still didn't understand something you could have asked here.
so to summarise, I'm pretty much screwd huh? looool the annoying thing is, I know what i need to fix it. i mean, i can actually picture the tool lol, just cant find it anywhere. also in response to the above two comments, I got my dranzer gt from ebay, had to snipe bid for £31 XD. problem was, it was (and still is for that matter) all in japanese, so I only figured it was meant to spin left after coming here. also, I only discovered this place after I opened it and tried searching for a fix in google. looool, still, keeping the suggestions rolling in, is all good.
31 pounds ... outrageous

yes, dranzer gt's EG is "Reverse Engine Gear"
loool yeah, but on the plus side i do have all the 'offical' dranzer blades now, hence why i got it. its nothing though compared to the 50 quid i spent on the HMS dragoon from korea i got recently XD. yeah, im not good with money lol but i am dedicated XDDDDDD
Im sure you could've got that from a member for cheaper on wbo.
(Jan. 25, 2010  12:03 AM)Saranix Wrote: its nothing though compared to the 50 quid i spent on the HMS dragoon from korea i got recently XD. yeah, im not good with money lol but i am dedicated XDDDDDD

You could have gotten a Dragoon MS UV from someone on here for that much Lips_sealed
for less, actually haha
^Really? Who here has a Dragoon MSUV for sale? I've been looking around, and no one seems to be selling it Uncertain.
Well at least everyone on here is supportive...... XD im looking at you, beybrad!!! looool
anyways, to conclude this thread i have some good news. through some painfull searching in a shed full of tools, i got the right tool i needed. its like a screw driver with a point and two side points. basically i sused this to wind the coil up while it was in the casing, thus fixing it. so yeah, i was happy XDDDDDDD. thanks for all the advice people, was mostly helpful looool
Hey, I'm 10 years late to this 😂 but I recently bought a driger G and the engine gear is faulty so I opened it up and the metal coil came flying out i have been successfull with the attempts to put it back in but I must have put the cog in the incorrect way once I place the metal cog back in but any pictures or tools used to fix it would help alot! Thanks

(Jan. 27, 2010  4:37 PM)Saranix Wrote: anyways, to conclude this thread i have some good news. through some painfull searching in a shed full of tools, i got the right tool i needed. its like a screw driver with a point and two side points. basically i sused this to wind the coil up while it was in the casing, thus fixing it. so yeah, i was happy XDDDDDDD. thanks for all the advice people, was mostly helpful looool

Is there a way you can show me how you fixed it please?
(Jun. 19, 2020  3:47 PM)Hkhan_99 Wrote: Hey, I'm 10 years late to this 😂

Most of the people you're responding to are long gone then! Don't necropost threads from ten years ago, I get it, you have a broken engine gear. Get yourself a replacement or veeeery carefully try to fix it yourself.
(Jun. 19, 2020  6:20 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2020  3:47 PM)Hkhan_99 Wrote: Hey, I'm 10 years late to this 😂

Most of the people you're responding to are long gone then! Don't necropost threads from ten years ago, I get it, you have a broken engine gear. Get yourself a replacement or veeeery carefully try to fix it yourself.

Nice response... Very helpful.
(Jun. 19, 2020  8:31 PM)Hkhan_99 Wrote: Nice response... Very helpful.

I'm going to close this long dormant thread before you say anything else that might get interpreted as rules-violating sarcasm. Smile