How did you get into beyblade?

*sniffles* I NEVER saw anyone but my brother with a beyblade in hand T^T I go to school and nobody THERE is into Beyblade...well...actually that was years ago in Elementary School...I don't know anyone but you guys on here who are into Beyblade.

Anyway, I got into Beyblade as a kid after seeing it on TV and I was just hooked on it, probably saw it on Jetex. I can't really remember. But I got out of it after a while cause I didn't have anyone to play the game with...and I don't stay into things if I have no one to talk about it with =/
I got into it again because I happened to see a page about the anime and I remember how much I really liked it back then so I started to watch the series again and became hooked instantly <3
Where do you live Zero? I'm sure there has to be someone in your area.
(Oct. 26, 2008  3:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Where do you live Zero? I'm sure there has to be someone in your area.

I originally lived in Wisconsin, but I live in North Carolina now, and I'm home-schooled so I don't know many people.
I know someone else hear lives in one of the Carolinas, lol. I think it was North but I'm not positive. So someone lives nearby you who plays.
(Oct. 26, 2008  4:10 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I know someone else hear lives in one of the Carolinas, lol. I think it was North but I'm not positive. So someone lives nearby you who plays.

But I don't know them D=
(Oct. 26, 2008  4:11 AM)Zero Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2008  4:10 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: I know someone else hear lives in one of the Carolinas, lol. I think it was North but I'm not positive. So someone lives nearby you who plays.

But I don't know them D=

Well, you may be able to, soon, if the person who lives there speaks up.
(Oct. 26, 2008  5:05 AM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2008  4:11 AM)Zero Wrote:

But I don't know them D=

Well, you may be able to, soon, if the person who lives there speaks up.

Guess you're right >3 But for now I'm going to try and get some of my friends into it, once I get my very own Beyblade I"ll show them how fun it is =D
Hey, I got into Beyblading by watching TV and Kids play Grin.

The first blade I ever got was like my baby LOL, Driger V. It was sooo coool cos I was beating like nearly every student in school. But then they'd be mean and call me stupid. but then id beat them again Grin
Ooh... Now were going back some way.

It started with me seeing the commercial on TV, and me thinking nothing of it.

A week or so later, my gran sent me one (Megaro Arm) in the post to see if I liked it. After wrestling around to put the damn thing together I got started and I was hooked immediately. I eventually bought more and more (Spark Knight, Dranzer S etc) and here I am now. Big collection of stuff!
I was trying to order a Red D-Tector Version 3(2002 January or something) from toysnjoys and accidentally encountered a page they were selling Beyblades and Driger seemed really cool to me that I ended up ordering a Driger S and Flash Leopard from Toysnjyos instead of the D-Tector and that is where it all began :-3
It was 4 years ago. I was studiyng in 6th (or 7th I don't remember) grade. One day I was just watching TV and in one chanel I saw him.... Ah, I'll never forget this moment, when I saw my Kai. But soon beyblade (Russia'n channels showed only 1st season! =(((( ) was finished and then I forget about beyblade.
1,5 years later I just travelling in Internet and suddenly I remembered about "beyblade". I've found some Russian beyblade fan sites and visited official beyblade site. And then I've become the best beyblade fan in Russia!
The end
I honestly can't remember exactly......my school was always pretty big on crazes so as soon as someone brought one in one day, by the next day every kid in school had one. We used to have massive Beyblades battle royaes on these big tables outside........they didn't have much of a side to them actually so beyblades went flying in all directions hitting gravel floors and brick walls........and thinking back that's pretty awful. D: it was fun though. All of this would've been when I was about 10? I dunno about the anime. I just remember watching it obsesivly every week. And recording it, sometimes having to hold the ariel (sp?) throughout THE WHOLE SHOW because we had analogue back then and it was really hard to get a decent reception on channel five. XD God my arm ached.
About 5 years ago I alwaysed watched Cartoon/Anime shows and a new show called 'Beyblades' appeared on Tv and I started to watch it and LOVED it,So I kept on watching beyblades every morning,And when my sister told me that you could get beyblades in Real life,so I was shocked and I ended up getting driger s for christmas.
The next year (Year 4) It turned out my whole year loved beyblades,and from years 3-6 played beyblades and had team's.Still to this day I have plenty of friends that like beyblades.So thats it really.
A little Raiyu was minding his business watching TV one morning. He heard that the new Beyblade anime was going to be shown soon so he decided to give it a shot. He watched the two episodes and immediately fell in love with the game. He started pretending he was Takao and had a bit beast of his own. He continued watching the anime to find out later they actually had toys. He went to the store with his grandparents asking them to buying him a Beyblade or two. And that they did. He obtained Dragoon Storm and Dranzer S in the process and battled his brothers and fell even more in love with the game. The sad part was that there wasn't anyone around him that played the game except him. Unhappy
Its the snow sisters!! snowgurl- I started 2 watch it when i was in the 7th grade lol and i soon started to buy the dvds so i can watch it at home. I did buy a beyblade but when i blade agains my friend he break it and he didn't buy me a new 1 and so i hope i can get a new 1 for christmas this year from my family.

snow- i started 2 watch when my little was watching 1 on dvd and soon i buy me a beyblade and i gave it 2 my little sister and now she lost it so i have 2 get 1 now. hehe
I was about 11 or 12, I guess. I was sleeping at funny times, and we had recently got cable in my house- The two might be linked, who knows- But either way, it was around 1 or 2 in the morning, and I caught a show on cartoon network. This show just happened to be an unscheduled airing of "The Blade Raider", long before it was announced during daytime TV. I loved it from the start, and went nuts trying to find out what it was because I couldn't remember the name, but I didn't see it again for a long time. But, as we all know, it aired during the day time at last, and the craze hit the nation. I went out and bought a blade the first day they were in stores, and soon the entire neighbourhood went nuts for the game. XD
(Dec. 07, 2008  11:18 PM)Raiyu Wrote: A little Raiyu was minding his business watching TV one morning. He heard that the new Beyblade anime was going to be shown soon so he decided to give it a shot. He watched the two episodes and immediately fell in love with the game. He started pretending he was Takao and had a bit beast of his own. He continued watching the anime to find out later they actually had toys. He went to the store with his grandparents asking them to buying him a Beyblade or two. And that they did. He obtained Dragoon Storm and Dranzer S in the process and battled his brothers and fell even more in love with the game. The sad part was that there wasn't anyone around him that played the game except him. Unhappy

I love your style of story telling. Grin My heart goes out to 'Little Raiyu'. ;__;
I started pretty late actually. I woke up at 6:00 in the morning, and the first episode of G-Revolution was on. I never missed an episode after that. Later on, about half way through the series, I saw beyblades at target. All I could think was, "No fricken way!" I bought the three different ones they had there. Dragoon G, Driger G, and Metal Driger. I bought also the Cyber Draciel stadium.
It amazes me how many of you were shocked that actual Beyblades existed. It was pretty apparent from the show that they were marketing a toy ...
(Dec. 18, 2008  6:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It amazes me how many of you were shocked that actual Beyblades existed. It was pretty apparent from the show that they were marketing a toy ...

Actually, one of my best friends had them before I knew the show existed. I didn't really care too much for it though, and it was like 2 years later I saw G-Revolution, then went to the store, and then realized that my friend was playing with Beyblades. Funny enough though, I told my friend this, and he said he never knew there was a show! XD Kind of weird though because the characters faces are on the boxes...lol
i got interested because of my two next door nieghbors, thier aunty had given them for a christams present. i went round and we played for hours on the kitchen floor, i forgot about them for a bit untill my cousin got a master dragoon. So after watching the anime at my friends house i decided to get one too, there were 3 choices Wolborg 2, trygle and something else (can't remember) i chose wolborg 2 which later broke Tired
i didn't like it after year six, but in year 8 i got back into it. i'm in year 10 now and my fandom for beyblade is going stronger than ever! Joyful_3
I watched it on TV one morning. (I still remember the episode I watched)
Told my friends at school the same day, one of them bought one to school the day after, and the whole school got hooked.

I made a whole school get hooked on beyblade. lol.
(Jun. 15, 2008  2:01 PM)TheGigsMeister Wrote: I got Galeon Attacker for my birthday, an awesome first beyblade to have
That is EXACTLY me
One day I was listen to a soundtrack for like ytv
Then I heard a beyblade song
So I decieded to watch the show to tell people how dumb it was
But then I liked it
Then I got into beyblade

( true story)
I don't even remember how I got into it, I think it was just because of the anime but now that I look at the first series of it I think it is stupid because the blades look pretty much the same, thank god they made them look better.