How did you get into beyblade?

Warning: This is a very descriptive story, if u wish to just skip discriptions, go to the last paragraph.

I was watching Cartoon Network every second of the day back then, or 4Kids TV, and eventually saw the show. The show was awesome, it had so many strategies and fighting monsters was cool to me back then (Notice that i was only 6....) i got hooked on it and watched every episode up to G-Rev, where i missed most of it, but V-Force was the best. So eventually (Like a month after i started watching the show) my brother traded some of his YuGiOh cards (It was actually OK back then...... atleast when people played by the actual rules... not the gay shows rules...) and got me a Draciel S (I loved Draciel back then...Kai was too much of a jerk for me too like/Tyson was too dumb/Kenny was too....nerdy/Rei was cool yet too unpredictable and weird for my tastes/Max really kind and most of the important carp in the story happened to him...I didnt like Dranzer/Dragoon was missing wings.../Driger was my bros favorite/Draciel was defensive) OK maybe im going into to much detail...My bro got himself a Dragoon S.

Basicly: I watched the show and loved it, then my bro got me a Draciel S and himself a Dragoon S (But the cheapwad who gave it to him left out the Draciel BitBeast... i hated that...)
I recieved the Ultimate Frostic Dranzer, my older brother got the Ultimate Saizo, and my little brother got the Roller Defenser in our Christmas stockings the year Beyblades were released internationally. So really, Santa Cl--I mean, my parents got my interested in Beyblades.
I remember we didn't have a stadium, so my two brothers and I would launch our Beyblades across the the kitchen floor in hopes of making them collide. It was a lot of fun, just beyblading all ghetto-like (no offense, seriously).
I used to see commercials all the time when the toys first came out and I was like those are so dumb. Then I saw that they had a tv show and I made fun of it even more. Then one morning before school I watched the showed. After watching it a few times I actually liked it. Then I got my first Beyblade that Christmas.
I saw the ORIGINAL TV commercial Tongue_out_wink The really cheesy one. I went to Target and bought Draciel S and Spark Knight. My friend Silas bought the stadium and Grip Attacker. It was great fun ^^
Even though I only was into Beyblade for a short time, the OtC website is ultimately what piqued my interest. Up until then, I thought Beyblade was a silly children's top game with no real strategy or thought to it. However, when I stumbled upon OtC and started reading, I found out that there is actually depth to this game, that everything from parts to launch technique matters, and that it isn't just little kids that play.
My sister told me to watch the show with her for a little bit. She got bored of it and moved on, and my brother and I played for years.

Oddly enough, it's the same way I got into Pokémon. And my sister regrets getting me into either of those things.
2 of my best friends brought one into school in September 2002 (They were brothers, they shared it.) I believe it was Ultimate Saizo.

Anyway, I saw it and wanted one. I asked my parents to get me one, so I went to Toys R Us and got my first blade, a Draciel S.
i first started seeing commercials on JETIX, then when it finally aired i was hooked. I started doing chores just to get my hands on the toy. Then i started collecting, when i found this site i finally went to my first tourney BOTB. It was alot of fun cant wait till BOTB2
I walked in to timeless toys and saw one before i new what it was... i asked my mom for it because the clerk said they were really cool!! My first blade was ..... the blue one that the really rich guy uses in the first seres :-3
(Aug. 15, 2008  9:57 AM)rkayd Wrote: I walked in to timeless toys and saw one before i new what it was... i asked my mom for it because the clerk said they were really cool!! My first blade was ..... the blue one that the really rich guy uses in the first seres :-3

By the really rich guy, do you mean Robert? If so, the blade was called Griffolyon
Robert sounded gay, and Griffolyon sucked too =p

I don't get what was with the whole deal with Hasbro having a purple recolour of it and calling it Griffolyon two.
Yeah, you have a point, and Griffolon was extremely rubbish. Was there any use for it though, like for the AR?
(Aug. 15, 2008  10:43 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote: Yeah, you have a point, and Griffolon was extremely rubbish. Was there any use for it though, like for the AR?

Not really.
Thought as much. I bought it, launched it a couple of times against my Draciel S and it broke
I saw it when i was 7 yeah, and it was awesome, though i forgot it until like near the end of january this year when POP were showing the entire first series ( But not VForce or GRevolution) and i was hooked on it again. i also had a dranzer which my mum bought (persumably because that i liked blue at the time, and i still do) and my brother had a dragoon, god knows where they are and the only blade that i have i a fake and i have no launcher for it!

But still, i'm still hooked!

(And Why is this forum quiet every time i'm on it?)
(Aug. 15, 2008  10:21 AM)ChozenBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2008  9:57 AM)rkayd Wrote: I walked in to timeless toys and saw one before i new what it was... i asked my mom for it because the clerk said they were really cool!! My first blade was ..... the blue one that the really rich guy uses in the first seres :-3

By the really rich guy, do you mean Robert? If so, the blade was called Griffolyon

Ya i think i forgot to put a tip on so the attack was insane!
I still say the blade was carp though
I was in the store with a friend looking for zoids models and out of no where BAM! BETBLADES EVERYWHERE! It was like heaven cause it only took me a day and 1/2 to put it together.....Chief 2002 - Sigh ...[/i]
Oh man... first I saw the show and then later that day(Saturday) I went to a soccer game and saw some kids playing...instant hook.
Me spend lot of money on beyblades.
I remember when I used to walk down the road and see kids, blades-in-hand. I miss those days Unhappy
I was sitting watching tv then a commercail ran through tv syaing "Beyblade! Let it RIP!"
then im like wtf is on now. THen I get to get some juice. But i noticed my eyes werent peeling of the tv my eyes were hooked. I said carp carp. What waste of time. Then the next day my freind came to my house the hes like. "have you heard about beyblade"!!?? i said err yea..... He grabs my tv remote turns the tv on hes look!!!! I look at the tv the beyblade theme song is on . I said so...... then hes says asss
wacth!!!! I sed damn it ok. then i wacthed the full episode of beyblade i got addicted. I asked my dad
can we go to wal-mart or something . I go there i chooose the beyblade i want. My ever first bey was

Dragoon grip attacker!

Good times........
Good times........
Ahh i remember at school you walk into the hall you see stadiums beyblades, teachers screaming around
at the kids. recess walk outside you chellenged by like a 100 kids.
I miss those days........( sob )
Lol I so remember those days...I miss them alot. I use to blade alot in public school. after school was the best. I remember watching the show for the first time i think that is what got me hooked
some relitives and then my friend mike
When I was younger people actually carried blades and launchers in there backpacks so the place i went after the day bought us a beystadium i tried it but i sucked at it then when i was at a walgreens I saw a Dragoon and i asked if i could have it but i couldn't. whyyyyy did that happen
I first remeber beyblade from a commercial back in 2001. The commercial depicted three overly enthusiastic little kids talking about how EXTREEM their beyblades were.
The dialog went something like this:

kid #1: HAI GUys, I use my GRIP ATtaCKEr for ExtrEEM attack!!1!

kid #2: I use my ULTIMATE SAIZO for AWESOME defense!!!1

I'm not sure if the third kid spoke, but he had a spark knight.
The kids then proceeded to scream "LET IT RIP" and battle.

I remeber my 11 year-old self sitting on the couch, exclaiming "This is Sooooooo GAAAAY" to my younger brother.

However, the next year in 2002, I saw some kids at my school beyblading and suddenly became interested after seeing them in person. My first beyblade was a metal draciel from Toys'R'us.