How did you get into beyblade?

Well how i got into beyblade was when they first started to come out i seen them in the store. I wanted one but couldn't get it. A few days later while i was at my grandmothers waiting for mom to pick me up, when she came she gave me a beyblade it was Metal Draciel. I was really excited and i was in the 5th grade at the time too so i was wondering if any of the people form school had them. This is also how i met one of my best friends he was into it too and didn't live far from me so we hung out alot everyday and played i got more beyblades over time and so did he it was a blast and alot of kids at school played and even out teacher let us have little tournys on Fridays. Good times.
It was a huge fad around my area when it was first released, but I continued to like it after it "died".
I don't think I'll eva foget, it was the crazy V-Force Battle of Cyber Dragoon and Tyson (I was 4 yrs. old). I've blading since then.
I used to watch a cartoon show and beyblades started and i started watching during the Ray and white tigers series and from then on i was hooked
Since we brought back this thread, I shall throw my two cents in. Back in early June 2002, Hasbro had just launched the beyblade lineup in North America (I was 12 soon to be 13). The anime had not aired yet, but the toy commercial with Spin Dragoon had been playing a few times a day. This was enough to pique my interest, since other than the fact that they were tops, I was unsure about what else they were. I always enjoyed playing with tops as a kid, and that included the traditional wooden top you wind with a string; so this naturally seemed like an extension to me.

After watching the ad a few times I decided to go inspect these at my local Wal-Mart and Toys R Us. They had them in stock, but I hadn't the funds to acquire them. Soon after the anime aired (which I caught on the YTV launch special) I became hooked. I couldn't get enough and I had to get my hands on these tops. At around June 23-24 I finally managed to get my hands on my first Beyblades Dragoon Storm, and Master Dranzer. The rest was history, and I began to acquire more and more of them as the years went by. Actually on the 25th (my birthday) I took my money and bought some more including Driger S (which I still have).

I remember being the first of my friend circle to get into this game. I ended up convincing like all of them to pick it up. Tragically such mass adoption was short lived, and I was the last one playing relegating this game to my 'little secret'.

Well that was a stroll through memory lane. Grin
I remember when I was about 6 years old (true fact), I used to wake up in the morning and watch and not miss an episode. I used not get the story and when the battles came on I had to battle.

My first blade was, Driger F.
my friend got me in to it he let me use a dragoon s then my other friend let me buy galeon from him then i just start buyin them my first blade that i bought and put together myself was dranzer s
People started playing with them at school so I joined in the fad and asked for one for christmas.

I got a Driger F and was so convinced it was the best blade ever.
Mine was a Driger F as well. My friend had bump king and that thing was useless against Driger.
After seeing the first commercial for beyblade (anime), I became really excited and couldn't wait for the premiere of the show. And it did not disappoint at all and soon after, I started getting blades.... Wink
Watching a show and beyblade was after it. I ended up being more interesting in beyblade then the show that was before it. xD
Later my friend got me my first blade as a joke, Ultimate Frostic Dranzer.(thought it was childish)
I believe I got hooked onto beyblades when it 1st came out I got hooked by the series!
Ray was always my favorite. Also my 1st blade was Driger S good times good times :}
I also got Jeff into it :3
I saw the show and thought they were pretty cool. Started buying plastics. Then I quit for a while. I had pretty much forgotten about beyblades until one day my friend(TehAlex) comes to our other friends house with a Driger MS. It jogged my memory instantly and he egged me on to go buy some so we could battle. My first HMS blade was Dragoon MS (I bought 2 ftw >:3). We started to buy stadiums, Become more into it and so on. We quit for about 3 years or so and are getting back into it now. We lost all our blades from before (I managed to find one blade of mine but sadly no launcher). Now we want to get back into it and its really fun (we got MFBS and I have some HMs's on the way.) In the end Beyblade prevails and we don't plan on quitting again. I want to get the dragoon series (since it was my first HMS and one of my first plastics). And thats how I got into beyblades...Several times....
(Mar. 24, 2009  2:25 AM)xOverCasted Wrote: I saw the show and thought they were pretty cool. Started buying plastics. Then I quit for a while. I had pretty much forgotten about beyblades until one day my friend(TehAlex) comes to our other friends house with a Driger MS. It jogged my memory instantly and he egged me on to go buy some so we could battle. My first HMS blade was Dragoon MS (I bought 2 ftw >:3). We started to buy stadiums, Become more into it and so on. We quit for about 3 years or so and are getting back into it now. We lost all our blades from before (I managed to find one blade of mine but sadly no launcher). Now we want to get back into it and its really fun (we got MFBS and I have some HMs's on the way.) In the end Beyblade prevails and we don't plan on quitting again. I want to get the dragoon series (since it was my first HMS and one of my first plastics). And thats how I got into beyblades...Several times....

True that P;
This is how i got into Beyblade....

Every year i go to Toronto, Canada to visit my grandparents. So we went to a different part that year, and we had alot of relatives their. One of my cousins their had only two blades, and he gave me one. We would battle all the time, i left to go back home about a week after that.
Now back home, i discovered Beyblades were everywhere ! I bought at least two a week. I eventually found out about the show and watched it for a while. I'm very happy that my cousin introduced me to Beyblade. Keep in mind this was when they were first out lol.

That's how i was introduced to Beyblade.
a friend got me a seaborg for my birthday i found out that there was an anime got dragoon s now i'm here
when i was about 5 my cousin showed me a master draciel.so he told me to try it and i did.he said if i could beat him he would let me have master draciel.i beat him quick and master draciel was my first blade. now i teach my 7 year old cousin how to play.
I think I got a beyblade happy meal toy.It had Tyson in it.So I saw the show on tv and said"Hey.Thats my happy meal toy."And I started watching it.That was awhile ago.
(Apr. 10, 2009  9:10 AM)Blue Bear Wrote: I think I got a beyblade happy meal toy.It had Tyson in it.So I saw the show on tv and said"Hey.Thats my happy meal toy."And I started watching it.That was awhile ago.

lol that sounds cute. Oh god i sound like a girl
I got into beyblade through a friend of mine.
I was actually ill at the time, and couldn't go to school. I had to stay in bed all day with nothing to do but watch TV. It was on one day and I watched it.

I hated it at the start, and didn't watch it for another few weeks. I started watching it occasionally and slowly but surely got sucked in by it. I watched it all the time after that, even repeats. Then one christmas I got the toys.
when the beyblade came out i saw it on tv after that one week after beyblade came out was mu bday and one of my friends gave me an arena and dragoon
I got into beyblade when my freind Brandon gave me a Dranzer..I dont remember which Dranzer Though.At first I thought you take 2 fingers,put them around the blade,and then twist them so the blade spins.I noticed that was wrong When I bought a beyblade (A red one,I think it was voltaic ape( and it came with a launcher and winder.Then after awhile When my family moved to a new house I had to get up really early to watch decent shows since we had no cable at the time and I saw a episode of Beyblade.Then after I got a bigger collection I got hooked on it.My freind brandon and his brother Zack got HMS blades and I would think they hacked the plastic ones Until they gave me my first HMS blade,I Did'ent remember what it was until a few minutes ago when I was searching up some HMS blades and found a blade that looked like my first HMS blade.I dont really remember how it looked But it was either Slash Riger or Dragoon MS
I remember, I was in private school(catholic... lol) And I was in like 6 grade or 5 grade and this like 4th or 3rd grader, I forget what grade he was. But I remember his name was Anthony. We were after school at the after school day care thing. And he brought all his blades one Friday and we all battle.(All the kids there, well all the kool ones =p) And it was really fun, so I went out and got a beyblade. I got one of those transforming ones, the red black dragon one cause I thought bit beast were real lol. I always lost with that blade cause I got one shotted, then I got a Master Draciel and started smashing kids with it. And then I started collecting them. And own more kids. I felt bad I was really good, lot of my friends quit of that reason lol.

(Random story, at the U.S east coast tournament, I got to 10 out of 12 round ;], my friend used a japanese dragon and whooped my carp but he lost in the 11th round. But after the tourny I vs'ed the winners. I smashed the 2nd(some girl) and 3rd(some little kid who was the wild draw winner) place people, but the winner out spun me but a millisecond. Good times good times.)
When I was about five, my cousin gave me an old beyblade (kid dragoon) but when I was cleaning my whole room and I found it and then when I heard everything about Beyblade Metal Fusion. I bought one (Flame Libra) and started to get into it. Then I got some for christas and me and my friend been Beyblading. And we made are own team.