[Houston, Texas, USA] Tournaments in Houston

Alright, so I know I posted before; would you guys be free on Dec. 18th or would you rather have a different date? If no responses, it's possible I will just create the tournament for the 18th.
(Nov. 25, 2021  2:46 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Alright, so I know I posted before; would you guys be free on Dec. 18th or would you rather have a different date? If no responses, it's possible I will just create the tournament for the 18th.

While the chances that I can come down are slim, I highly encourage you to make it. As it turns out, the Texas community will never cease to surprise you. People just need to see the tournament there. My last tournament was almost all people who made accounts just to join the tournament. I can give you some names to invite as well.

I also advise making it unranked. There will be less pressure to make everything perfect.
(Nov. 25, 2021  3:20 PM)USN Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2021  2:46 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Alright, so I know I posted before; would you guys be free on Dec. 18th or would you rather have a different date? If no responses, it's possible I will just create the tournament for the 18th.

While the chances that I can come down are slim, I highly encourage you to make it. As it turns out, the Texas community will never cease to surprise you. People just need to see the tournament there. My last tournament was almost all people who made accounts just to join the tournament. I can give you some names to invite as well.

I also advise making it unranked. There will be less pressure to make everything perfect.
Alright, I'll work on finalizing a date, but it will likely be on the 18th. Honestly, the tournament is still being planned, though, so I'll try my best to deliver but can't make any promises as of right now. Definitely going unranked. Thanks, USN.
R u doing a sanctioned tourney or local/casual because I would like to do something similar.

Haven't been on in a while or I would have said something sooner but you know I'm down for a Houston tournament!
I just moved into the Spring area and am down to do a beyblade tournament. I can help with organizing if needed, I used to run the local community back home so am experienced with things.
(Dec. 06, 2021  11:33 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: I just moved into the Spring area and am down to do a beyblade tournament. I can help with organizing if needed, I used to run the local community back home so am experienced with things.

I'm in Atascocita so that ain't far at all from where you're at. We need to "network" lol if you feel like a battle hit me up or something
Guys it's time...look in the tournaments section. Sorry I gave you such late notice, it took really long to get the tournament processed and I'm sorry I couldn't let you know sooner. Hope you all can come! Smile
(Dec. 11, 2021  4:53 AM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Guys it's time...look in the tournaments section. Sorry I gave you such late notice, it took really long to get the tournament processed and I'm sorry I couldn't let you know sooner. Hope you all can come! Smile

Good luck out there. I know you're nervous running your first tournament, but you'll probably be okay. Just make sure to contact people over Discord if things go iffy. Remember that you're capped at a single group round robin, so it should hopefully be easier to run.
I hate that I missed out on the tournament this past weekend. I had a family emergency and had to go out of town. I have to do a better job of checking the forum and messages. I feel awful because my son has been asking about playing in the tournaments and I kept on telling him that it was going to happen real soon. Hopefully, another tournament can be scheduled soon. How did the tournament go?
I am getting ready to set up a tournament in Spring/Woodlands area in about a month.
If I can get enough interest Szasse Games will definitely begin hosting a regular set of tournaments in the Houston area. I'm tossing together a trial event now, and if it works out well I'll be spinning up some WBO organized tournaments! Hit me up if you are interested in blading in the Houston area!
If you want to come to Spring TX and enjoy a beyblade event come by Sawmill Park on Sunday March 13th for a public meetup and beyblade hangout
(Mar. 09, 2022  8:10 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: If you want to come to Spring TX and enjoy a beyblade event come by Sawmill Park on Sunday March 13th for a public meetup and beyblade hangout

Sry i couldnt come on march 13 to the beyblade hang out, i was wondering when the next hangout/ tournament would be btw this is Lawrence from your past tournament at sawmill park
(Mar. 29, 2022  2:31 AM)lulaw28 Wrote:
(Mar. 09, 2022  8:10 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: If you want to come to Spring TX and enjoy a beyblade event come by Sawmill Park on Sunday March 13th for a public meetup and beyblade hangout

Sry i couldnt come on march 13 to the beyblade hang out, i was wondering when the next hangout/ tournament would be btw this is Lawrence from your past tournament at sawmill park

The next event is April 24th at the same park! I really hope you can make it! We are trying to get WBO status to be able to host these tourneys here on the website, its a bit of a long process.

We are also looking to upgrade venue to a nearby game store which should help turnout. More details on that in the future.
(Mar. 31, 2022  6:10 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2022  2:31 AM)lulaw28 Wrote: Sry i couldnt come on march 13 to the beyblade hang out, i was wondering when the next hangout/ tournament would be btw this is Lawrence from your past tournament at sawmill park

The next event is April 24th at the same park! I really hope you can make it! We are trying to get WBO status to be able to host these tourneys here on the website, its a bit of a long process.

We are also looking to upgrade venue to a nearby game store which should help turnout. More details on that in the future.

are these just gatherings? because to host an event on this site you have to become an orginizer
(Mar. 31, 2022  8:06 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: are these just gatherings? because to host an event on this site you have to become an orginizer

Yeah we have our interview to become an organizer scheduled. That's why we haven't made a post here about the event. I was just responding to a question on when my next personal event would be happening, not trying to make an event post yet.
(Mar. 31, 2022  8:11 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2022  8:06 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: are these just gatherings? because to host an event on this site you have to become an orginizer

Yeah we have our interview to become an organizer scheduled. That's why we haven't made a post here about the event. I was just responding to a question on when my next personal event would be happening, not trying to make an event post yet.

Ah, makes more sense.
Sry but on april 24 i have to go to a school event in dallas but if you have any other events ill try to
come
The event is live! Anyone wanting to blade in Houston I hope you'll come by!

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Blader-...-2--103924

(Apr. 02, 2022  3:13 AM)lulaw28 Wrote: Sry but on april 24 i have to go to a school event in dallas but if you have any other events ill try to
come

Aww that's too bad, hopefully you can make our May event!
(Apr. 04, 2022  4:43 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: The event is live! Anyone wanting to blade in Houston I hope you'll come by!

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Blader-...-2--103924

(Apr. 02, 2022  3:13 AM)lulaw28 Wrote: Sry but on april 24 i have to go to a school event in dallas but if you have any other events ill try to
come

Aww that's too bad, hopefully you can make our May event!

Ok i got some good news today. my competion got reschedulded to the day before the tournament so now i can make it to the tounament. i just signed up and was wondering if you needed help setting up the tournament like putting up stadiums because if you want, i can come early to help. Ill see you at the tournament!
[quote pid='1819068' dateline='1649284960']
Ok i got some good news today. my competion got reschedulded to the day before the tournament so now i can make it to the tounament. i just signed up and was wondering if you needed help setting up the tournament like putting up stadiums because if you want, i can come early to help. Ill see you at the tournament!
[/quote]

Oh great! We are stoked you can make it! Yeah for sure come by around 12 if you want to help setup.
(Apr. 07, 2022  1:52 AM)ZestyPhresh Wrote: [quote pid='1819068' dateline='1649284960']

Oh great! We are stoked you can make it! Yeah for sure come by around 12 if you want to help setup.
[/quote]

Ok anytime works for me.Thx!
Hey i live in houston anyone have tips on hasbro burst
(Jun. 03, 2022  5:35 AM)ryugen007 Wrote: Hey i live in houston anyone have tips on hasbro burst

Pro series or regular hasbro beys? If you're talking about pro series then it's pretty much the same more or less. I mean some of teeth molds are a bit less durable but can still be viable against tt beys. Now if you're talking about the regular Hasbro Beyblades like the hypersphere speed storm Etc then my suggestion would be just fine the tightest fitting combo. Don't worry about part names just try to find a combo is as burst resistant as possible. I know that seems like a strange statement given the fact that the regular Hasbro Beyblades are extremely burstable but it is what it is just have fun with those and don't worry about getting too technical