[Houston, Texas, USA] Tournaments in Houston

Just wondering, it's been like a year since tournaments have happened in Houston, so would there happen to be anyone who would be interested in starting some more up again?
(Jun. 02, 2021  2:16 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Just wondering, it's been like a year since tournaments have happened in Houston, so would there happen to be anyone who would be interested in starting some more up again?

I'm still interested in joining a tournament, Not really interested in hosting one though.
(Jun. 02, 2021  3:01 PM)WayoftheBey Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2021  2:16 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Just wondering, it's been like a year since tournaments have happened in Houston, so would there happen to be anyone who would be interested in starting some more up again?

I'm still interested in joining a tournament, Not really interested in hosting one though.

Cool, I'd like to host one, but still need a few more posts to be able to become an organizer. I'm somewhat close. Somewhat.
(Jun. 02, 2021  3:17 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2021  3:01 PM)WayoftheBey Wrote: I'm still interested in joining a tournament, Not really interested in hosting one though.

Cool, I'd like to host one, but still need a few more posts to be able to become an organizer. I'm somewhat close. Somewhat.

(Jun. 08, 2021  4:37 AM)Ultimate_RedEye Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2021  3:17 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Cool, I'd like to host one, but still need a few more posts to be able to become an organizer. I'm somewhat close. Somewhat.

Im IN! My son is all about them beyblades and would really love to be in some tournaments closer to home. We went to the Florida tournament and he loved it. He is loves these things. I would be even willing to help host, if help is needed. Let's do this, Let's get it going...
(Jun. 02, 2021  3:17 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Cool, I'd like to host one, but still need a few more posts to be able to become an organizer. I'm somewhat close. Somewhat.

Im IN! My son is all about them beyblades and would really love to be in some tournaments closer to home. We went to the Florida tournament and he loved it. He is loves these things. I would be even willing to help host, if help is needed. Let's do this, Let's get it going...

That's perfect, actually, I'm still trying to decide on when and where the tournament should be held, and I'm trying to study the rules. I reached the 50 posts a while ago, so as soon as we can decide on a place and time, that would be great. Just two things, if you want to co-host, I'm not sure if you need to be an organizer, but I think you should probably go for the 50 posts first and then get ready if you'd like to help hold the tournament (your help would be greatly appreciated) Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can fill other positions like Judge or Check-in, and both routes would be great. Honestly, I think the earliest I'd like to host a tournament might be next month so I can start preparing, but I'm pretty excited as well! If we're planning on hosting a tournament, I suppose this would count as an RSVP, right?
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:13 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:

That's perfect, actually, I'm still trying to decide on when and where the tournament should be held, and I'm trying to study the rules. I reached the 50 posts a while ago, so as soon as we can decide on a place and time, that would be great. Just two things, if you want to co-host, I'm not sure if you need to be an organizer, but I think you should probably go for the 50 posts first and then get ready if you'd like to help hold the tournament (your help would be greatly appreciated) Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can fill other positions like Judge or Check-in, and both routes would be great. Honestly, I think the earliest I'd like to host a tournament might be next month so I can start preparing, but I'm pretty excited as well! If we're planning on hosting a tournament, I suppose this would count as an RSVP, right?
We're hosting a tournament is Austin right now. If ya'll want, you might be able to come down and see how yours might play out.
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:34 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:13 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: That's perfect, actually, I'm still trying to decide on when and where the tournament should be held, and I'm trying to study the rules. I reached the 50 posts a while ago, so as soon as we can decide on a place and time, that would be great. Just two things, if you want to co-host, I'm not sure if you need to be an organizer, but I think you should probably go for the 50 posts first and then get ready if you'd like to help hold the tournament (your help would be greatly appreciated) Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you can fill other positions like Judge or Check-in, and both routes would be great. Honestly, I think the earliest I'd like to host a tournament might be next month so I can start preparing, but I'm pretty excited as well! If we're planning on hosting a tournament, I suppose this would count as an RSVP, right?
We're hosting a tournament is Austin right now. If ya'll want, you might be able to come down and see how yours might play out.

Thanks so much for offering, but I don't think I personally will be able to make it. Wish I could, though.
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:35 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  1:34 PM)USN Wrote: We're hosting a tournament is Austin right now. If ya'll want, you might be able to come down and see how yours might play out.

Thanks so much for offering, but I don't think I personally will be able to make it. Wish I could, though.

If you ever need any help doing something, feel free to PM me. I'm quite keen to get the competitive Texan seen going again, even if I personally won't be able to come.
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:38 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:35 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Thanks so much for offering, but I don't think I personally will be able to make it. Wish I could, though.

If you ever need any help doing something, feel free to PM me. I'm quite keen to get the competitive Texan seen going again, even if I personally won't be able to come.

That's great, I appreciate your offer. In the posts above, I was trying to get a potential tournament started next month, but I still need to figure out a few things. Just a few questions, can multiple people co-host a tournament? Also, the organizers can potentially be the Judges and fill other roles as well, right? Thanks so much, hopefully we can try to get a few of them going. When I saw the tournament in Austin, I was pretty excited, but I'm not sure I would be able to make it. Maybe next time, I'd really like to get my start with tournaments by seeing how they run as a participant first.
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:17 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2021  10:38 PM)USN Wrote: If you ever need any help doing something, feel free to PM me. I'm quite keen to get the competitive Texan seen going again, even if I personally won't be able to come.

That's great, I appreciate your offer. In the posts above, I was trying to get a potential tournament started next month, but I still need to figure out a few things. Just a few questions, can multiple people co-host a tournament? Also, the organizers can potentially be the Judges and fill other roles as well, right? Thanks so much, hopefully we can try to get a few of them going. When I saw the tournament in Austin, I was pretty excited, but I'm not sure I would be able to make it. Maybe next time, I'd really like to get my start with tournaments by seeing how they run as a participant first.
Okay so this is my understanding of the roles.
As an organizer, you can also be a judge and participant, but you may not judge your own battles. You can have as many co-hosts as you want, but really, I would start with just finding enough people to hold a ranked tournament. Co-hosts are not essential and while I have no doubt that you are very patinate about blading, (Because you are trying to become an organizer.) many other people on the website might not be so invested.
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:32 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:17 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: That's great, I appreciate your offer. In the posts above, I was trying to get a potential tournament started next month, but I still need to figure out a few things. Just a few questions, can multiple people co-host a tournament? Also, the organizers can potentially be the Judges and fill other roles as well, right? Thanks so much, hopefully we can try to get a few of them going. When I saw the tournament in Austin, I was pretty excited, but I'm not sure I would be able to make it. Maybe next time, I'd really like to get my start with tournaments by seeing how they run as a participant first.
Okay so this is my understanding of the roles.
As an organizer, you can also be a judge and participant, but you may not judge your own battles. You can have as many co-hosts as you want, but really, I would start with just finding enough people to hold a ranked tournament. Co-hosts are not essential and while I have no doubt that you are very patinate about blading, (Because you are trying to become an organizer.) many other people on the website might not be so invested.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I'm pretty excited, but I just need to figure out when the best time for one would be according to my schedule. I'll definitely post here about it first, so if anyone is interested, be on the lookout for the next two months or so.
Man. Down to scrimmage tomorrow as well.

(Jun. 11, 2021  1:35 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2021  1:32 PM)USN Wrote: Okay so this is my understanding of the roles.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I'm pretty excited, but I just need to figure out when the best time for one would be according to my schedule. I'll definitely post here about it first, so if anyone is interested, be on the lookout for the next two months or so.
(Jun. 12, 2021  5:28 AM)Spideyman409 Wrote: Man. Down to scrimmage tomorrow as well.

(Jun. 11, 2021  1:35 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I'm pretty excited, but I just need to figure out when the best time for one would be according to my schedule. I'll definitely post here about it first, so if anyone is interested, be on the lookout for the next two months or so.

Erm...don't think I can get it done by tomorrow, but I'll work on it!
I was planning a tournament in McKinney, TX with a foods from Hugs Cafes for refreshed, while the beybladers battling & practicing.

This is a tournament idea, where you battle and have a good breakfast, lunch, & brunch from Hugs Cafe to get your order after the match or watching the battle for snacks to eat. Even recording the battle through the final.

There is a practice area for those not enter the tournament to fun practice battle and take picture & videos in different types of battle with a beystadium that have a Hugs Cafe's logo on it.

Battle types:

Tag Team Battle
Team Battle
Battle Royale
One on odd Battle

Special rules:
In the tournament, players use blue, green, and white beys only.

Foods from Hugs Cafe.com:

Sandwiches:
Ham & cheese, Turkey,cheese,bacon, Ham,Turkey,Bacon, Chicken Salad, Roast Beef, Five Cheese, Tuna Salad

Your choice of Breads & cooked:

Breads: White, Wheat, Marble Dye, or Sourdough

Cooked: Toasted, Grilled, or Regular

Sides:
Veggie garden salad
Chips
Fresh Seasonal Fruit
Picnic Potato Salad

Drinks:
Water
Soft Drinks / Soda
Ice Tea
Mix Soft Drink / Soda

Dessert:
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Cranberry Oatmeal Cookie
Wedding Cake Cookie
S'mores Brownie
Salted Caramel Brownie
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie

I hoped you guys think on this idea tournament in Dallas or McKinney,TX?
It looks like you didn't read the rest of this thread that said "This is in the wrong subforum, use an existing Texas thread instead of making a new one in the wrong subforum."

It also looks like you want to put a lot of format and bey restrictions on the tournament, restrictions that would not be supported by the WBO ruleset (did you read the WBO format rules?). WBO tournaments and events designate which formats may be used based on number of participants. There is also nothing in the WBO rules which allows you to apply arbitrary restrictions on beys based on color. If you wanted to do any of that, it would have to be a non-WBO event. And as a non-WBO event, you would not be allowed to advertise it on WBO.

It sounds like an advertisement for Hugs Cafe.

Please don't do this? Please read and understand the WBO rules before trying to make a tournament on this site.

Seriously, staff, lock this thread or merge it into another Texas thread. Stop letting these errant threads remain open.
(May. 22, 2021  11:20 AM)Ultimate_RedEye Wrote: Are there going to be any tournments in houston, tx or texas in general? Took my son to a tournment in Florida and he had a great time. Just looking to take him to more tournments just closer...

USN's tournament.
I'm down for Houston Austin San Antonio its whatever lol I don't see alot of Texas blades im getting back into beys after years and really want the lone star state to be strong
(Jun. 17, 2021  7:25 PM)LoneStarBlader Wrote: I'm down for Houston Austin San Antonio its whatever lol I don't see alot of Texas blades im getting back into beys after years and really want the lone star state to be strong

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-KICKing...pid1772033
(Jun. 13, 2021  3:49 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It looks like you didn't read the rest of this thread that said "This is in the wrong subforum, use an existing Texas thread instead of making a new one in the wrong subforum."

It also looks like you want to put a lot of format and bey restrictions on the tournament, restrictions that would not be supported by the WBO ruleset (did you read the WBO format rules?). WBO tournaments and events designate which formats may be used based on number of participants. There is also nothing in the WBO rules which allows you to apply arbitrary restrictions on beys based on color. If you wanted to do any of that, it would have to be a non-WBO event. And as a non-WBO event, you would not be allowed to advertise it on WBO.

It sounds like an advertisement for Hugs Cafe.

Please don't do this? Please read and understand the WBO rules before trying to make a tournament on this site.

Seriously, staff, lock this thread or merge it into another Texas thread. Stop letting these errant threads remain open.

Are you suggesting there should only be one thread per state? I understand if the community isn't big enough, but I'd like to try to organize tournaments in Houston, not in Texas locations in general. If I should move to another Texas thread, can you give me the link? Thanks for your help.
(Jun. 24, 2021  9:01 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Are you suggesting there should only be one thread per state? 
No. I'm not. That's not what was said at all. It was said to someone else who opened a McKinney Texas specific thread which has since been merged by staff into the Houston regional thread. You should read a bit more carefully before drawing conclusions.

There are several Texas threads, and for good reason: Texas is big. But we only need one Texas thread for each region.
(Jun. 24, 2021  9:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2021  9:01 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Are you suggesting there should only be one thread per state? 
No. I'm not. That's not what was said at all. It was said to someone else who opened a McKinney Texas specific thread which has since been merged by staff into the Houston regional thread. You should read a bit more carefully before drawing conclusions.

There are several Texas threads, and for good reason: Texas is big. But we only need one Texas thread for each region.

I apologize, that was my mistake. I didn't realize it was mentioned that it was initially posted elsewhere on the post itself and made the assumption that the Houston thread would be closed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would like to try to host my first tournament over the summer, so would anybody be available and willing to attend? If you can, can you specify when or where you would prefer the location to be so I can fine tune the details? It has to be within Houston or its surrounding suburbs, obviously, and I would like to hold it in the later half of July. All input is welcome! (This is not a request to hold a tournament, I would just like to gather information from the people who may attend a potential tournament.)
Organizers quiz currently down for repairs. Might want to hold off on trying to become an organizer until it's up again.
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:15 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2021  9:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: No. I'm not. That's not what was said at all. It was said to someone else who opened a McKinney Texas specific thread which has since been merged by staff into the Houston regional thread. You should read a bit more carefully before drawing conclusions.

I apologize, that was my mistake. I didn't realize it was mentioned that it was initially posted elsewhere on the post itself and made the assumption that the Houston thread would be closed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would like to try to host my first tournament over the summer, so would anybody be available and willing to attend? If you can, can you specify when or where you would prefer the location to be so I can fine tune the details? It has to be within Houston or its surrounding suburbs, obviously, and I would like to hold it in the later half of July. All input is welcome! (This is not a request to hold a tournament, I would just like to gather information from the people who may attend a potential tournament.)
This is gonna sound really far-fetched, but this worked for me. What I did is I simply made a tournament. The Texas community is much larger than either of us think, and people started signing up at a insane rate. When I say signed up, I mean to the WBO. They weren't no-shows either. I think you might as well just dive in and see how it goes. I can try to direct some people around here to your tournament. Whether I can come or not really depends on if my parents are willing to take me, but there are some people that are willing to drive for awhile to go to a Texas tournament.
(Jun. 25, 2021  3:16 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:15 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: I apologize, that was my mistake. I didn't realize it was mentioned that it was initially posted elsewhere on the post itself and made the assumption that the Houston thread would be closed. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is gonna sound really far-fetched, but this worked for me. What I did is I simply made a tournament. The Texas community is much larger than either of us think, and people started signing up at a insane rate. When I say signed up, I mean to the WBO. They weren't no-shows either. I think you might as well just dive in and see how it goes. I can try to direct some people around here to your tournament. Whether I can come or not really depends on if my parents are willing to take me, but there are some people that are willing to drive for awhile to go to a Texas tournament.
Wow, that's way better than I expected! You have no idea how much this helps, I was pretty anxious nobody would sign up. As of right now, it's looking like somewhere from July 10th to the end of July, so if you're willing to sign up, I would be extremely thankful. (Might need some pointers on site Uncertain )
(Jun. 26, 2021  1:39 PM)ZephyrDraco Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  3:16 PM)USN Wrote: This is gonna sound really far-fetched, but this worked for me. What I did is I simply made a tournament. The Texas community is much larger than either of us think, and people started signing up at a insane rate. When I say signed up, I mean to the WBO. They weren't no-shows either. I think you might as well just dive in and see how it goes. I can try to direct some people around here to your tournament. Whether I can come or not really depends on if my parents are willing to take me, but there are some people that are willing to drive for awhile to go to a Texas tournament.
Wow, that's way better than I expected! You have no idea how much this helps, I was pretty anxious nobody would sign up. As of right now, it's looking like somewhere from July 10th to the end of July, so if you're willing to sign up, I would be extremely thankful. (Might need some pointers on site Uncertain )
I don't know if i'm your man for pointers...