[Houston, Texas] July 3rd, 2011~ Space City Bey Brawl!

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Space City Bey Brawl!

That's right, Houston bladers, an official WBO tournament just for you! Bring your best blades and compete with others from across the region! Now, if you're wondering whether you can come here are the details:

Date and time: July 3rd, 2011 from 12:30 to whenever the top three are decided

Venue: Hermann Park

What to bring: The five dollar entry fee and your beyblades of course!

Remember, we meet at the parking lot at around 12-12:15. Don't be late

Here is the list of confirmed attendees:

1. NightWolf7919
2. C-Dub
3. PokeBlader
4. hollow wolf
5. OneWingedAnubis bringing Super Attack Stadium
6. AGill
7. Leo110
8. Beyblader51
9. ®OUND
10. VulcanBladerX
11. TheFalling
12. TJMax99
13. aCiDsHoOt3R bringing Attack Stadium
14. maxdeese1
15. meisepic
16. AgentBJ09
17. rockleone23 bringing Attack Stadium
18. PokeBlader

Secondary list
1. zack77070
2. flameaquariobey
3. NinjaBlader9
4. broughboys
5. tanzam2
6. V-Rock
7. PoisonLibra612

Remember, the format is block round robin, so you guys will get at least 6 beybattles. Also, if you have a Takara-Tomy stadium, remember to bring it!

After the block stage, those who do not advance may have free play among themselves with any stadiums, but only the TT Attack, Balance, and Super Attack stadiums will be legal for tournament play. Have fun and keep on blading, Houstonians!

Until July 3rd, NightWolf

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jul. 04, 2011  7:08 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You realize that using that stadium is illegal...right?

i realize that but we didn't have much of a choice with only 1 attack stadium for block round robin with 20+ participants, we were under staff and were forced to use parents to judge/record. what else could we have done...and the guy night said was suppose to bring more attack stadiums never came...
That's why it's the tournament host's responsibility to provide all of the stadiums. I mean, I now have 4 stadiums of my own for that purpose.

If you all knew that stadium was illegal and could ultimately affect the outcome of the tournament, why would you use it? You just stick to one stadium.
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: That's why it's the tournament host's responsibility to provide all of the stadiums. I mean, I now have 4 stadiums of my own for that purpose.

If you all knew that stadium was illegal and could ultimately affect the outcome of the tournament, why would you use it? You just stick to one stadium.

Not to butt in but from my recollection, some of the good stadiums, which people were using, were taken as the tournament went on; we were left with that odd one as it got to the later blocks. Plus, as stated before, this event was a bit more chaotic than most of us thought. More people showed up than anticipated, some of whom had not properly told Wolf beforehand, and using only one or two stadiums would've had us there far longer with how things were going.

I'm not trying to excuse anything that happened, but even as a first-timer to an event like this, with the changes that came up at the frequency they did, I think this went as well as it could have with what happened. We just got stuck with a run of bad luck with regards to who owned the stadiums, and if they showed/left early.

If another tournament is organized here soon though, we'll keep that bit of info in mind about ownership, and request back-ups and extras from attending players to avoid that happening again.
We cannot process this tournament if an illegal BeyStadium was used for any of the official matches.

Wow, another Ikki tournament, now in Texas ... BDaichi was able to manage thirty participants with only one Attack Type BeyStadium. He did Double Elimination and everything went well : it was his first tournament also.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:09 AM)AGill Wrote: I hope you guys had a lot of fun.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Did anyone record it??

i did exept i havent put in you tube yet. but i will soon just click on my sig
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:33 AM)meisepic Wrote: heres the places
1.maxdeese1
2.meisepic
3.forgot

i came in third.
(Jul. 04, 2011  9:08 AM)AgentBJ09 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:16 AM)Deikailo Wrote: That's why it's the tournament host's responsibility to provide all of the stadiums. I mean, I now have 4 stadiums of my own for that purpose.

Not to butt in but from my recollection, some of the good stadiums, which people were using, were taken as the tournament went on; we were left with that odd one as it got to the later blocks. Plus, as stated before, this event was a bit more chaotic than most of us thought. More people showed up than anticipated, some of whom had not properly told Wolf beforehand, and using only one or two stadiums would've had us there far longer with how things were going.

I'm not trying to excuse anything that happened, but even as a first-timer to an event like this, with the changes that came up at the frequency they did, I think this went as well as it could have with what happened. We just got stuck with a run of bad luck with regards to who owned the stadiums, and if they showed/left early.

If another tournament is organized here soon though, we'll keep that bit of info in mind about ownership, and request back-ups and extras from attending players to avoid that happening again.
You sound like 20 people is a mob or something. I organize events of up 50+ at times. As a tournament host, he should have explained to everyone what the situation was and what to do to cooperate with him, not let the chaos ensue.

People showing up that didn't post it will always happen. After all, Nightwolf gave someone a hard time for switching his definite to a maybe on the first page. Some people rather not commit and let you all down. Others may be parents who researched this for their kids. Someone might be too shy to post, etc.

Complaining that more people showed up than expected is an insulting excuse. That is something every host deals with and has to overcome, yet we get along with it just fine anyway.
It was a learning experience anyhow. Next time I'll be sure to account for at least 5 more people, or whoever does organize it should do that.
You should account for 50% to 200% of your attendance list. If you have a plan to compensate for a player loss or gain, you'll be fine. You should never walk into an event, especially one of a major city, without a plan for the worst.
*GAGH* Nooo! I saw this post on the 4th of July!!! Can you please make one more in Houston, Texas. I live near Katy. Thanks!
(Jul. 04, 2011  4:44 PM)Champion 172 Wrote: *GAGH* Nooo! I saw this post on the 4th of July!!! Can you please make one more in Houston, Texas. I live near Katy. Thanks!
Make one yourself. Drum up some members, learn the rules, write a proposal, and get something started.
Hey... Anyone want another tourney in Houston? PM me about it and I will make an event proposal.
I am so sorry I couldn't go but maybe next time. The reason was I was getting ready to go to Houston and the Flights got canceled I go there alll the time but that sucked.
I believe that those stadiums were SK, right? They were a little bruised up, but I don't think they were illegal, right?
(Jul. 05, 2011  5:21 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: I believe that those stadiums were SK, right? They were a little bruised up, but I don't think they were illegal, right?
Define "a little bruised up".

Firestar definitely knows what he is talking about because he attends a majority if not every New York tournament so if he says they affected game play, they probably did.
There were some small dots in the stadium, and beys would sometime stall there if the touched it. It probably affected gameplay a little, but I wouldn't go so far as to discard the tournament results
That affects gameplay. Firestar also mentioned you have to push down the stadium?
Was that stadium even an Attack Type, Balance Type, Super Attack Type or Standard Type BeyStadium ? From the description, it did not seem like it.
They were TT, I was sure of it. By the looks of it, they were Attack stadiums, but I could be wrong
The only colours TAKARA-TOMY has released the Attack Type BeyStadium in is transparent and opaque black. What was it ?
It was blue, are there any stadiums released in blue?
Only the Super Attack Type BeyStadium.
It was probably that then, it did have some raised areas
But that does not explain or excuse that apparently something had to be pushed in.
There was a little bump in one that had to be pushed down. It made somewhat of an indent. I still don't believe it affected the battles to an extent where the tournament was considered naught
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:54 AM)C-Dub Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  12:15 AM)OneWingedAnubis Wrote: wow WOW wow THIS TOURNEY WAS EPIC i got 4th place haha! did better then i though i would but hey who says the bladeing has to end so soon i onewingedanubis will host a beyblade meet up for all of you who want to come click this link http://www.kamikazecon.com/ its a anime convention its from july 22-24 its across the street from the galleria mall at the JW Marriott Houston PM me if u need other info thanks an hope to see you there! oh an c-dub we still havent had a match kid XD

We did we just didn't finish I would've won anyway.
@ ROUND:why would you make a tourney when I said I was gonna make one in August?(Unless you meen in late July of course or sometime aftah
I started thinkin and my mom said I can have one after yours or OWA's but when do you plan on having it.