Hobbies similar to Beyblade

Does anyone know any hobbies similar to Beyblade? I'm curious to know what hobbies you think are similar to Beyblade. I'm trying to see if there's another hobby with the same customization as Beyblade.
Hmm, Infinity Nado is basically rip off Beyblade but I think there's this Japanese hobby with Cars that have cool gimmicks. It's almost like the God series except every car has an ability, their designs look pretty good but I'm not sure about the price or customization
(Aug. 11, 2017  10:16 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Does anyone know any hobbies similar to Beyblade? I'm curious to know what hobbies you think are similar to Beyblade. I'm trying to see if there's another hobby with the same customization as Beyblade.

Try taking up B-Daman because its the second most popular game (behind the game this website is about),if you need i can recommend a good starter
probably other battle tops are best
There was Sonokong's Top Plate, which we all thought could be a Beyblade competitor, but it died soon after launch. B-Daman is pretty cool, but as someone who started getting into competitive customization when it was popular, I would advise against it seeing as the community's interest has died out over the past several years and there isn't a competitive scene anymore (never was much of one outside of Asia anyway). I think Mage is referring to Scan2Go, which was also very briefly popular 4-5 years ago, but never caught on (wish it had, as it looked like something I would have enjoyed).

TL;DR if you're looking for something similar to Beyblade, you're not going to find anything with a community or competitive scene as active as the WBO, and if you do, let me know because I'd be interested in getting into whatever that might be.
Scan2Go was great and B-daman is still pretty popular but i don't think theres any other battle top games that are popular

If you want to be in a competitive scene try bakugan, because of the comeback next year everybody is getting back into it and I'm sure they'll bring back baku-con type events for it
You know, I discovered Beyblade through robot fighting. Sumobot fights are basically Beyblade with... Well... Robots. And there are plenty of ready-to-build kits out there to make things easy. Only downside is the monetary cost. While the sumobot hobby probably ends up being cheaper than Beyblade in the long run, you get a lot more for your money out of Beyblade. Plus there is the annoyance of repairs after fights. Here is a video:

Honestly kind of glad several people here mentioned B-Daman. I used to love them myself, and I still look for the Zero and Zero2 systems to this day. If what you're looking for is customizability, they very cleanly fit the bill. Sure, a lot of parts don't affect performance very much like shoulder pads or the visor, but those areas allow you to customize the looks without skimping on performance, something which Beyblade lacks. The only issue is finding an opponent, especially if you're using an older system like Zero and Zero2.