Hell Testing

Sorry I meant the hell kerbecs has no chance, I know from tournament experience haha.
cool i just bought kerbecs, so ill see if i can get the same results, although ill have to wait a few weeks this does look really good tho
Ahh, cool, thought so. Off topic, how did that basalt combo do vs other 230 combos?

I might test mfh hell kerbecs bd145 cs when I get time, back on topic.
(Mar. 30, 2011  10:22 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Ahh, cool, thought so. Off topic, how did that basalt combo do vs other 230 combos?

I've seen MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS lose to MF-L Earth Bull 230D, but I used MF-H Basalt Aquario 230D against a similar combo and it won, so I think quite a few tests need to be done.
Considering D is a stamina bottom and CS is not how is that surprising? If you had D on both combos I bet the Basalt combo would have won.
Ultra, I specifically asked about how MF-H Basalt __ 230CS did against 230 stamina combos. If it beat them it would be basically unstoppable, so I wanted to be sure. It was unrelated, but yeah. And he did state that basalt on 230D beat similar combos.

Anyway, back to Hell, I need to document some tests to back it up, but MFH Hell Kerbecs BD145CS (Boost Mode) seems to beat most stamina combos, by KO or OS, and is very hard to beat defensively as well. Still not good against mfh basalt aquario 230CS, but it can win if it gets a lucky hit, form what I remember.
I should stop talking and just test, but my back is sore, so I need to rest it so it's okay for work tomorrow.
I wasn't talking to you... I was talking to Blitz.
Um, he was replying to the request I made?
That's great but I still wasn't talking to you... I was questioning what Blitz said not you.
What do we need for testing? I have all the necessary parts
Got round to doing some more testing.

Earth Mold 1 was used for these tests -

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Earth Bull 230WD
Both WD's Mint, BD145 in Boost Mode.
WD's switched half way.
Alternatively shot, Both at 100% using Beylauncher L/R.
All 10 rounds in the MFB Attack Stadium.

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 8 wins (2 by KO, 6 by OS)
MF Earth Bull 230WD 2 wins (both by OS)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Earth Bull 230CS
WD Mint, BD145 in Boost Mode, CS slightly used.
All 10 Rounds in the MFB Attack Stadium.

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 10 wins (1 by KO, 9 by OS)
MF Earth Bull 230CS 0 wins

The Burn mold used in this testing was Mold 1.

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Burn Bull 145WD
Both WD's Mint, BD145 in Boost Mode.
WD's switched half way.
All 10 rounds in the MFB Attack Stadium.

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 8 wins (6 wins by KO, 2 by OS)
MF Burn Bull 145WD 2 wins (both by OS)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS Burn Bull 230D
(Same conditions as previous)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 9 wins (6 wins by KO, 3 wins by OS)
MF Burn Bull 230D 1 win (won by KO)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Burn Bull 230WD

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 10 wins (6 wins by KO, 4 wins by OS)
MF Burn Bull 230WD 0 wins

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Burn Bull 230CS
(Same conditions as previous, CS slightly used)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 8 wins (5 wins by KO, 3 wins by OS)
MF Burn Bull 230CS 2 wins (1 by KO, 1 by OS)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Basalt Bull 85WD
(Same conditions as previous, but 20 rounds)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 12 wins (1 by KO, 11 by OS)
MF Basalt Bull 85WD 8 wins ( 2 wins by KO, 6 by OS)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Basalt Bull AD145WD
(Same conditions as previous but only 10 rounds)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 4 wins (3 by KO, 1 by OS)
MF Basalt Bull AD145WD 6 wins (4 by KO, 2 by OS)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Basalt Bull 230WD

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 4 wins (All by KO)
MF Basalt Bull 230WD 6 wins (All by KO)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Basalt Bull 230D

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 4 wins (All by KO)
MF Basalt Bull 230D 6 wins (All by KO)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD VS MF Basalt Bull 230CS
(Same conditions as previous, slightly worn CS)

MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD 0 wins
MF Basalt Bull 230CS 10 wins (all by OS)

This is all my testing for now, may do some more later I need a break haha. So Hell doesn't fair well against Basalt, I'm going to get round to testing Basalt against Earth and Burn.
Wow, excellent testing, other than the basalt weakness, that's utterly fantastic.

That said, maybe its top tier status depends on how basalt works, because if everyone is using basalt, and it kills hell, then there's no real point in using it.

That said, this breaks every stamina combo listed last time I checked (other than Virgo 5 min mold, as I haven't seen one for ages), so yeah. IMO we should remove all the 145 height stamina combos, all of them are outclassed by hell+bd145. I think even MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS beat them nearly always when I was testing informally. I mean, we could wait for proper results, but in the mean time threads are full of people saying Earth __ 145/AD145WD is top tier stamina, when, quite frankly, it isn't. And, seeing as LTSC's don't beat Hell+BD145, and beating 145 combos is what they were for, are they really top tier any more? That's probably harder to decide, as they still have their advantages (CH120 Attack doesn't do so well against them etc)

Anyway, I'm waffling.

When you're done testing basalt, if you have time and any willpower left (no pressure, I know that much testing gets tiring, so you can say no, considering I'll probably get around to doing a few tests soonish) could you do some tests with mf(H) Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost) CS?
Oh, and when you test basalt, if you have the parts, can you test MF(H) Basalt Bull/Aquario 230CS against MF(H) Hell Kerbecs BD145CS, some formal results for that would be nice Smile
No pressure, though Smile
That's really odd how it does well against Basalt Bull 230D but fails against the same combo with CS on it.
(Mar. 31, 2011  4:07 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: That's really odd how it does well against Basalt Bull 230D but fails against the same combo with CS on it.

You really haven't tried MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS have you... With the CS it has added height stops the Hell wheel from getting more contact with Basalt also CS stops it from getting KO'd.
(Mar. 31, 2011  4:14 PM)Blitz Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2011  4:07 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: That's really odd how it does well against Basalt Bull 230D but fails against the same combo with CS on it.

You really haven't tried MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS have you... With the CS it has added height stops the Hell wheel from getting more contact with Basalt also CS stops it from getting KO'd.

Plus CS' added movement with Basalts instability easily KO's Hell. (Hell and Basalt matches have so much recoil, but Hell never wins.)
Ahh, yeah, when I was playing with mfh hell kerbecs bd145cs and mfh basalt aquario 230cs, that's actually what happened. I always thought, maybe I'm just not launching hell PERFECTLY, but it just couldn't manage to beat basalt.
I haven't got any formal tests to post, but I just want to say that in the recent Toronto tournaments, Hell Kerbecs BD145CS has been very successful for me against a wide variety of customs. It is likely just as good as, if not better than Hell Kerbecs BD145WD.
I could post some tests later today or tomorrow of Hell BD145CS against Basalt 230CS, It will probably do better but I think that the fundamental weaknesses will still be there.
how to change the Twisted Tempo 145WD be 230cs?
still confused because new players
(Jan. 13, 2014  7:20 PM)cucok Wrote: how to change the Twisted Tempo 145WD be 230cs?
still confused because new players

Why would you post this in a thread for Hell Testing, that was 3 years old? Tongue_out

I know you just joined, don't worry too much about it, haha.

Post questions like this in Ask a Question, Get an Answer- with a bit better grammar, it can be hard to understand what you mean.
Sorry to necro the thread even more...