Hell Aquario H145R2F: Hell strikes back?

(Nov. 09, 2011  12:41 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: As I expected.
It's a bust.

If you are referring to the OP and not your skill, you're wrong. It is a shame you cannot produce those results, but clearly others do get consistent results..

I may not like Hell bare either, but it seems perfectly possible to get these results..
I suggest you practice your shooting.
Note that BBS used CS, not MB as every other tester did.

*hums quietly to himself*

Never owned a MB.Well i will own it when the Ldrago guardian comes out.Looking at peoples statistics I dont see too much of a good result with MB
(Nov. 09, 2011  7:07 AM)th!nk Wrote: Note that BBS used CS, not MB as every other tester did.

Still the results should not vary that much , i get about 35% win rates with this thing against Basalt BD145CS.

I think this combo was good back in the day Basalt BD145CS was unstoppable but now there isn't much point in it since VariAres , Blitz and Beat all have no trouble with it.
If this were hell bd145 (normal) r2f, mb would be a great option, as it basically limits contact to bd145 on bd145, whereas cs doesn't do this. Howecer, in this and most cases, my preference for cs stands.

Yes, 10% is a bit low, but then, the 90% gibsonmac got is also unrealistic, though probably more of an example of why we require 20 rounds instead of a meagre 10 than anything (please be mindful of this in future).

What I'd like to see is some attack v attack testing, against, say, mf variares ch120rf or whatever, to see if it holds any real advantages over that combo. Heck, I'm not entirely sure what that variares combo struggles against, but if there is a combo that gives it trouble, testing this conbo against that would be nice. To see if there is any particular area where variares doesn't outperform it (though, there is, always room for a "second line" of combo's, for those who lack the "very best" parts, which I guess we do seem to forget."

By the way, meow, I do recall quite clearly people being told to ONLY include the combo in the thread title, and nothing else. It would probably be advisable to remove the "hell strikes back". Just include that full title in.the actual body of the OP, if you wish to keep it (I would, it's a nice title).
I did attempt to use a similar combo (albeit, RF instead) for a local WBBA tournament here once to counter Basalt BD145 CS.

After 30 mins, I gave up. Reason, it cost me 3x H145. All broken.

Not saying the combo is bad, but an extremely proficient Basalt BD145 CS user would use full strength and tornado stall. You either die through stamina battle not getting hit, or you die by KO/double KO when you try to hit it while it tornado stalls.

Its one of those high risk high return combos. Definitely able KO Basalt BD145 CS. But after 3 broken H145, I give up.

A proficient Basalt BD145 CS user would know when to shoot a calm shot without compromising much spin and shoot a tornado stall intending to KO the opposing bey.
Mmm, though if you've used a particularly calm CS you could have a lot of trouble getting it to tornado stall properly.

As for H145's breaking, that's pretty unlucky unless you were using the first mold, ahah.

As for tornado stalling, R2F would be moving faster than CS, and seeing as they're traveling the same direction, the Hell combo may be able to get behind it and nudge it out of the stadium, speaking from experience with other combos in that situation. Again, haven't had time to try this combo specifically, but yeah.
Its reinforced from rbv 3.

CS is a very dynamic part. I honestly believe its up to the user on how he or she uses the cs. A cs can be predominantly calm or aggro but all it takes is a slightly different launch tech for its overall movement. I ve seen cs which is calm initially and it starts to tornado stall like 5 seconds later. Not all cs are the same, but a skilled user would definitely know how to ko with it easily. Calm or not, once the rubber hits the ridge and there is enough spin, chances are tornado stall would occur

Doesn't matter how fast the R2F maybe. Its negative acceleration is just as high. Eventually the cs would still be maintaining its speed cos ultimately its core is plastic. R2F would be chasing it but if it doesn't hit in time that's it.

Yeah, I have like 10 CS's or something crazy like that. I've had one that was so calm outta the box that it just wouldn't move aggressively for any decent period of time with anything less than a rev up launcher, until it wore down some. FWIW I've won from 2-0 down by KOing an opponent with the Basalt BD145CS I'd chosen (one of a number of rather odd combo selections I made during that tourney, though I still won the tourney and only lost two matches). But that said, there is enough variation with CS's that it is possible that sometimes you won't be able to get that movement.

As for an aggro CS, calm launching a fresh Hasbro CS on a basalt combo would, I imagine, be quite difficult considering it's basically an RF and the slightest bit of wobbling (and basalt does wobble ever so slightly during battle) would cause the rubber to touch, negating even the most steady launch. Something like that (albeit probably with an aggressive TT/SK CS) probably resulted in that "calm then Tornado Stalling" thing you describe (it's happened to me a lot of times because I don't always have the steadiest launch).

As for R2F's speed, higher speed increases it's chance of circling the ring enough to hit CS from behind. I know this doesn't happen 100% of the time, but with similar things I've found it happens enough to get you a good win rate. That said, where the beys land would influence this significantly.
But th!nk, as Pcyborg said, this is an extremely high risk combo. I may compare this combo to the plastic generation Whale Attacker. This combo is too high on recoil, and IMO it would fall for left spin attackers rather easily. All-in-all, this is an OHKO combo from my point of view. This combo needs weight to avoid recoil. But from what I understood, the OP says that MFs put off its attack. Consistency is not guaranteed, and it would look good only under an expert attacker's possession. The high win rates in certain tests are probably due to OHKOs... Also, against a potent Basalt BD145CS user, this combo is risky. Pcyborg already explained it. Smile
I do not say this combo is bad. I am a Hell lover and can do anything to propagate its usefulness...
Yeah, I get that. Still, I don't really think we have much in the way of grounds for ignoring BBS's testing.

As I said, it isn't bad, it's one of the "second-line" combo's, for people without access to the newest parts etc, or combo's for people to use without buying new parts, whatever, either way they're a vital thing because not only are they handy at tourneys, but they are also some of the most common kinds of opponents at tournaments, and testing against them to find out what works can be very useful for other tourney-goers. Heck, one of my losses is from one of these second-line combo's people throw together, because I was prepared for anything top-tier, including situations if someone copied one of my combo's, but was unprepared for a simple Basalt GB145RF combo, and suffered my first loss as a result.
(Nov. 09, 2011  4:17 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Nov. 09, 2011  12:41 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: As I expected.
It's a bust.

If you are referring to the OP and not your skill, you're wrong. It is a shame you cannot produce those results, but clearly others do get consistent results..

I may not like Hell bare either, but it seems perfectly possible to get these results..
I suggest you practice your shooting.
You clearly have no schema of Hell's capability. Hell easily lost balance hitting CS.

All you're doing is bashing on me, like the god-damn hatred pm's you send me.

Why don't you do some tests, and stop talking garbage about mine? C'mon.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure the one time I do get a chance to use an Attack Stadium, I would use it wisely. get out
(Nov. 09, 2011  7:07 AM)th!nk Wrote: Note that BBS used CS, not MB as every other tester did.

I tested both before the thread was made, I got better results AGAINST CS
(Nov. 09, 2011  8:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: If this were hell bd145 (normal) r2f, mb would be a great option, as it basically limits contact to bd145 on bd145, whereas cs doesn't do this. Howecer, in this and most cases, my preference for cs stands.

Yes, 10% is a bit low, but then, the 90% gibsonmac got is also unrealistic, though probably more of an example of why we require 20 rounds instead of a meagre 10 than anything (please be mindful of this in future).

What I'd like to see is some attack v attack testing, against, say, mf variares ch120rf or whatever, to see if it holds any real advantages over that combo. Heck, I'm not entirely sure what that variares combo struggles against, but if there is a combo that gives it trouble, testing this conbo against that would be nice. To see if there is any particular area where variares doesn't outperform it (though, there is, always room for a "second line" of combo's, for those who lack the "very best" parts, which I guess we do seem to forget."

By the way, meow, I do recall quite clearly people being told to ONLY include the combo in the thread title, and nothing else. It would probably be advisable to remove the "hell strikes back". Just include that full title in.the actual body of the OP, if you wish to keep it (I would, it's a nice title).

well Attack v Attack isn't a likely matchup stateside, so it really wouldn't tell you much of anything... do you own Vari??? I have several, Absolutely love it, though there are quite a fer beys that give it trouble... MFH Basalt R145RF is a straight counter to VariAres, Death 85CS/RDF can be tough, Basalt 85RDF is also tough... I have several other counters to VariAres/Blitz that I'd rather not discuss...

And 90% is not unrealistic... I can KO BasaltBD145 with Vulcan R2F, Grav Pers MF/RF, LLD, LDD, and Death RF, and a secret combo that I don't want to go public with just yet... All I'm saying is "attack types are my bag, baby" granted I can't 100% with all of them, but 40-50 is common for me with the Tier 2/ old tier 1 attack wheels against Basalt BD145... so I think its a problem with BBS's shooting... Meow got 75ish% against MB and CS, I got a 9/10 (which were supplied via PM previous to the thread being made, as a request from Meow) and I've averaged around 85% in 30 battles with my brother after, its a fun combo... hell doesn't get enough love anymore
I cannot doubt your MB results, I did legitimate testings.

Seriously, Hell doesn't have an MF equipped, it was "naked", and there is quite low weight to it.
Weight is NOT everything... you really only need a MF to reduce recoil
Yo guys, let's just agree to disagree, alright? This is beyblade after all. People do get completely different results from time to time. What works for some, might be an utter failure for others, vice versa.
Keep in mind that the weight difference between MF and MF-H is simply 0.7 grams. It will not always make a huge difference.

What I'd love to see, though, is more people posting test results and fewer people bickering about other people's test results. I will test this combo myself, in fact.

Just don't expect anything spectacular - I suck.
To be honest as I've mentioned before I hardly have problems with the recoil. My beat gets ko'd more than this hell combo. Hazel you need a very strong launch or a mint r2f.

I'll try to get a video up soon to show every one how fast you launch should be, but in the mean time, deikailo's video of "breaking basalt" should be about the speed of your launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT3O5q3_Iic
Standard Procedures
Hell Aquario H145R2F(Near-Mint) vs MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS(Semi-Aggro)
Hell Aquario H145R2F: 16(KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS: 4(KO)
Hell Win Ratio: 80%

All of the KOs except for four were clean. Very little wall-saving occurring.

Wasn't launching very hard, either - about 80% of my normal Defense launch. So, there is something to this, if I can manage to KO with it.

I will point out that if you bank even a milimeter too deep on the Sliding Shoot, the Hell Aquario will fire itself out of the Stadium like a cannonball.
Interesting, indeed. However, my CS was new and quite agressive.

Well, I hope it goes good..
Well, so Hazel does this qualify as an attacker, or an OHKO attacker as I mentioned?
I would really love to see you test against Left-Spin attackers. Smile
Three of the KOs it got were at extremely low spin velocities, and were clean KOs, not recoil KOs. So, this combo does have more potential than simple high-speed OHKO.

However, my Stadium has been damaged in a way that cannot be repaired, since this morning. So, I will be unable to test anything in a meaninful way for however long it takes me to get a new BB-10, which could be as much as two months. I fell on the Stadium and permanently warped the plastic just inside of the Tornado Ridge.
Aw... Sad to hear about the stadium... Unhappy
Well, this is extremely surprising!
Hell was never really known to get a low-velocity KO, and if this is really happening, then I am really happy to know it! Grin
I dunno why, but criticism about Hell's recoil has crept so deep into my brain that I fail to believe that this combo is SO good. I can still see a major weakness to left-spin attackers, which are so commonly used these days... Smile
Ugh, I need to stop looking at pages before and replying.
Let me make something to make this post worthwhile.
Sorry to hear about the stadium Hazel. So clean KO's at low spin velocity that were not recoil KO's? Hmm, interesting.
Played with this today. It's actually really, really good.

I can understand how BBS may have gotten the poorer results, as it isn't always that consistent*, but they are lower than they should be. That said, this is why we try to get as many results as possible, to reign in the more extreme results, and so on.

*My launch may need a little work, and I didn't do full testing, so please remember that tests are far more relevant than my ramblings.