Hasbro responds to my criticisms

(Sep. 29, 2008  12:15 AM)To Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2008  12:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2008  11:52 PM)To Wrote: A tip for everyone, if you're going to buy a Hasbro product, I'd advise not buying it at Walmart.

Why?

It's a not so secret-secret that Hasbro will often cheap out on toys that are headed for Walmart. Mostly because Walmart sells their product at a lower cost then the compeitition so cases bought by Walmart are less money then another retailer so Hasbro cheaps out.

They could use a cheaper quality of plastic at times, or in many cases use less paint. It's not a coincedence where some toys at Walmart will be missing a streak of paint, and you go to Toys"R"Us and that same toy and it's various siblings have that streak.

I don't believe this pratise is exclusive to Hasbro however.
Brad's most certainly right. To produce 2 separate lines for the same product is throwing money away.

There is a way this could work would be if they sent damaged goods that didn't form right or something to them.
BUT! Hasbro has that you break a part we replace it thing so even that is a load of carp. Hasbro did not get to be the big money maker it is by producing carp.
(Sep. 29, 2008  1:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It seems like it would cost more to create a separate production process for Wal-Mart than it would save. I'm going to call BS on that.

Actually, to a certain degree, he's right. Products get made at the home factories in large batches and loaded up on the trucks typically one company at a time. That's why Wal-Mart always gets the newest Hot Wheels before any other company. They've worked out the trade deal that way. I don't know specifically for Hasbro or Beyblade, as I wasn't into the game when I worked in Wal-Mart's toy department, but this practice is done fairly regularly amongst the big-name toy companies. Since Wal-Mart clientele are less likely than those at other retailers to complain about quality, cheaper materials are often used in the "Wal-Mart batch" at the home factory.
hasbro liars why we have 15+ champions tournament iin turkey since 2004 people who want to play beyblade can join
(Oct. 01, 2008  11:58 AM)kinomiya Wrote: liars why we have 15+ champions tournament iin turkey since 2004 people who want to play beyblade can join

You may have this in Turkey, but we did not have this in North America.
(Oct. 01, 2008  8:31 AM)Spinster Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2008  1:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: It seems like it would cost more to create a separate production process for Wal-Mart than it would save. I'm going to call BS on that.

Actually, to a certain degree, he's right. Products get made at the home factories in large batches and loaded up on the trucks typically one company at a time. That's why Wal-Mart always gets the newest Hot Wheels before any other company. They've worked out the trade deal that way. I don't know specifically for Hasbro or Beyblade, as I wasn't into the game when I worked in Wal-Mart's toy department, but this practice is done fairly regularly amongst the big-name toy companies. Since Wal-Mart clientele are less likely than those at other retailers to complain about quality, cheaper materials are often used in the "Wal-Mart batch" at the home factory.

But it still seems as though they'd be selectively choosing which products go where, requiring a lot more time and effort than needed. They wouldn't necessarily make defective goods specifically for Wal-Mart, but they'd have to mark each and every poorly manufactured one individually. The fact that nearly all Hasbro blades are packaged in completely opaque boxes makes the process seem even harder.

I'm sure what you're saying is true, it's just news to me.
(Oct. 01, 2008  11:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2008  11:58 AM)kinomiya Wrote: liars why we have 15+ champions tournament iin turkey since 2004 people who want to play beyblade can join

You may have this in Turkey, but we did not have this in North America.

Nor did we have this in the UK =(...