[Hasbro]  Turbo Valtryek V3 Testing and Discussion

As written some postings above, I also tested tV3 on Hunter, Zephyr and Jaggy.

I know that tV3 is on stock combo in Zankyes Video, but his opponents are also on stock.

I just did a bold test: tV3 (45.00g) vs Q4 (35.97g). You may ask now, who the f*k is Q4?! That's Stone-X Quetziko Q4. Alternating Launches. Moderate to hard launches.

tV3.Z.Ev vs Q4.7.A-S
tV3: 2 OS, 1 KO (30% Win rate)
Q4: 7 OS (70% Win rate)
(1 double burst, 1 draw)

So, that's a surprise.

Maybe someone could repeat my tests from February 29th vs Zeutron Z4. If your tV3 wins, I should buy another tV3. It could be that my slopes and burststopper are worn down.
(Mar. 02, 2020  7:28 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: As written some postings above, I also tested tV3 on Hunter, Zephyr and Jaggy.

I know that tV3 is on stock combo in Zankyes Video, but his opponents are also on stock.

I just did a bold test: tV3 vs Q4. You may ask now, who the f*k is Q4?! That's Stone-X Quetziko Q4. Alternating Launches. Moderate to hard launches.

tV3.Z.Ev vs Q4.7.A-S
tV3: 2 OS, 1 KO (30% Win rate)
Q4: 7 OS (70% Win rate)
(1 double burst, 1 draw)

So, that's a surprise.

Maybe someone could repeat my tests from February 29th vs Zeutron Z4. If your tV3 wins, I should buy another tV3. It could be that my slopes and burststopper are worn down.
I'll do it, my Turbo Valtryek rarely bursts. Any battles you want me to do.
Thank You so much.

Could You test tV3.0T.Hn vs Z3.0C.At?

If You dont have 0, just use 00 or 7. If You dont have T, just use B/M.

T3 or H4 would also be okay, just any above average stamina driver.
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:00 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Thank You so much.

Who's Z3?
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:29 PM)g2_ Wrote:

Who's Z3?

Asteroid Zeutron Z3.

I personally dont think turn is that good for attack. I suggest vortex, angle, or meteor
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:46 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:29 PM)g2_ Wrote: Who's Z3?

Asteroid Zeutron Z3.
I have Galaxy Zeutron Z4. It's it good enough?
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:14 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:46 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Asteroid Zeutron Z3.

It’s worse than asteroid, but it can work, just not as well as asteroid.
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:19 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:14 PM)g2_ Wrote: I have Galaxy Zeutron Z4. It's it good enough?

It’s worse than asteroid, but it can work, just not as well as asteroid.
I'll use Galaxy.
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:59 PM)bladekid Wrote:

I personally dont think turn is that good for attack. I suggest vortex, angle, or meteor

Bump is also good for attack.
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:34 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:59 PM)bladekid Wrote: I personally dont think turn is that good for attack. I suggest vortex, angle, or meteor

Bump is also good for attack.
Umm, no, it's not. It works, but it really isn't that optimal. Bump is really overated tbh, it has bad stamina, LAD, and it's shape sucks for attack. It has a lot of weight, but shape is more important. It's way more suited for defence because of its defensively shape.
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:44 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:34 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Bump is also good for attack.
Umm, no, it's not. It works, but it really isn't that optimal. Bump is really overated tbh, it has bad stamina, LAD, and it's shape sucks for attack. It has a lot of weight, but shape is more important. It's way more suited for defence because of its defensively shape.

Um, it’s weight is what gives it good attack. Meteor has just as bad of a shape, and vortex sucks as it’s weight is quite low and a last resort. Angle’s shape is too jagged to be that good and has an average frame weight, so it only works well on nightmare Longinus/Luinor L3.
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:44 PM)bladekid Wrote: Umm, no, it's not. It works, but it really isn't that optimal. Bump is really overated tbh, it has bad stamina, LAD, and it's shape sucks for attack. It has a lot of weight, but shape is more important. It's way more suited for defence because of its defensively shape.

Um, it’s weight is what gives it good attack. Meteor has just as bad of a shape, and vortex sucks as it’s weight is quite low and a last resort. Angle’s shape is too jagged to be that good and has an average frame weight, so it only works well on nightmare Longinus/Luinor L3.
That's where you're wrong kiddo. Yes, weigh is a factor, but compared to meteor's weigh, it's not by much, and meteor has much more jagged and powerfully shape compared to bump which is much more defensive. Also you have to consider weight distribution and shape. Vortex has the same 3 sided weight distribution as tV3, and this gives it a better, more balanced, and more unified weight distribution, giving it better attack in a lot of cases. I assume angle is the same, but that is kinda a shot in the dark for me tbh.
After we have seen, that Q4 beats tV3, I decided to test tV3 versus some other classic dual-layer beys.

All beys at around 33-35 grams. tV3 45 grams.

Alternating hard launches:

tV3.Z.Ev vs. O2.T.X
tV3: 3 BF, 1 KO, 6 OS (100% Win rate)
O2: 0 Wins (0% Win rate)

Defense type first, Attack type second:

tV3.Z.Ev vs. W2.V.M
tV3: 4 BF, 1 KO, 2 OS (70% Win rate)
W2: 3 OS (30% Win rate)

tV3.Z.Ev vs. R2.G.R
tV3: 7 BF (70% Win rate)
R2: 3 OS (30% Win rate)

So, tV3 can at least beat older beys. But from what I have seen, he struggles vs. Switchstrike beys. Looking forward to see further results.

[Image: 20200304-132832.jpg]
(Mar. 03, 2020  3:43 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  10:57 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Um, it’s weight is what gives it good attack. Meteor has just as bad of a shape, and vortex sucks as it’s weight is quite low and a last resort. Angle’s shape is too jagged to be that good and has an average frame weight, so it only works well on nightmare Longinus/Luinor L3.
That's where you're wrong kiddo. Yes, weigh is a factor, but compared to meteor's weigh, it's not by much, and meteor has much more jagged and powerfully shape compared to bump which is much more defensive. Also you have to consider weight distribution and shape. Vortex has the same 3 sided weight distribution as tV3, and this gives it a better, more balanced, and more unified weight distribution, giving it better attack in a lot of cases. I assume angle is the same, but that is kinda a shot in the dark for me tbh.

If you check the winning combo threads you will see that in combos that use frames the ones that are used are Wall, Expand, Turn, Lift, and Bump.

These frames are used depending on the combo because of their weight.
Weight distribution doesn't matter especially when the frames that are mentioned are so light.

Bump is one of the safest attack frames because of its weight and general profile.
Turn is heavier but has a slightly higher scrape risk.
Expand has good weight and is wide. Good for tornado stalling.
Lift and Wall have high scrape risks so they are generally used with bearing.

Vortex and meteor are pitifully light when compared to newer frames and have awful shapes to have any use.
Like BuilderROB mentioned Angle only has use as a way to increase burst resistance on nL and L3.
(Mar. 04, 2020  5:39 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2020  3:43 AM)bladekid Wrote: That's where you're wrong kiddo. Yes, weigh is a factor, but compared to meteor's weigh, it's not by much, and meteor has much more jagged and powerfully shape compared to bump which is much more defensive. Also you have to consider weight distribution and shape. Vortex has the same 3 sided weight distribution as tV3, and this gives it a better, more balanced, and more unified weight distribution, giving it better attack in a lot of cases. I assume angle is the same, but that is kinda a shot in the dark for me tbh.

If you check the winning combo threads you will see that in combos that use frames the ones that are used are Wall, Expand, Turn, Lift, and Bump.

Weight distribution doesn't matter especially when the frames that are mentioned are so light.

Bump is one of the safest attack frames because of its weight and general profile.

Vortex and meteor are pitifully light when compared to newer frames and have awful shapes to have any use.
Like BuilderROB mentioned Angle only has use as a way to increase burst resistance on nL and L3.
Tbh, checking the winning combo threads is a good idea if you want to get a feel of what's relevant, but it can definitely be misleading. Plus in this current meta, meteor isn't really optimal due to things like blitz and sting kinda deleting isn't usefulness. You also have to consider the fact that tV3 is way more of a limited meta option and it is a lot less weight based than the current meta. You have to consider finally that I have an unpopular opinion on the subject, and while bump works fine, it's kinda like the heavy disk of frames, heavy with good utility but more specialized things are better in most situations besides defense. And like, meteor is like .4 or .5 grams lighter than bump, so it's not by much. And yes, weight distribution matters, maybe not in the current one, but it does matter in limited where tV3 will succeed. Plus, it's still better than turn no matter what, I personally think turn is a dud frame with very little use since it doesn't really help Br and it scrapes like L and W.
At the moment an attacking bey (equipped with a rubber tip) starts to scrape it has already lost anyway.

An attacking bey wins in the first 5 seconds (and those 5 seconds can be an eternity). Of course this applies only for rubber drivers, not for Z or Ds which actually can outspin the opponent.

So I would always use the heaviest attack frame with rubber drivers, but that is personal preference.

Maybe we will test Turn vs Meteor, but first we wait for g2_ test results to see if tV3 is competetive in Limited at all.
(Mar. 05, 2020  1:17 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: At the moment an attacking bey (equipped with a rubber tip) starts to scrape it has already lost anyway.

An attacking bey wins in the first 5 seconds (and those 5 seconds can be an eternity). Of course this applies only for rubber drivers, not for Z or Ds which actually can outspin the opponent.

So I would always use the heaviest attack frame with rubber drivers, but that is personal preference.

Maybe we will test Turn vs Meteor, but first we wait for g2_ test results to see if tV3 is competetive in Limited at all.
The way I see it, you just proved my point in that first sentence. If a part makes your bey scrape more and it scraping with cause it an immediate loss why would you use it? Also you can still burst a beyblade, it can happen pretty easily. Also, I may go and test it just to get more even test results considering that it was originally tested against an anti attack layer (Z3) that pretty much hard counters tV3, so it's not the most accurate test results.

(Mar. 02, 2020  10:14 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2020  9:46 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Asteroid Zeutron Z3.
It has slightly better burst resistance but the weight and shape of Z4 compared to Z3 makes it worse.
(Mar. 05, 2020  12:50 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2020  5:39 PM)MWF Wrote: If you check the winning combo threads you will see that in combos that use frames the ones that are used are Wall, Expand, Turn, Lift, and Bump.

Tbh, checking the winning combo threads is a good idea if you want to get a feel of what's relevant, but it can definitely be misleading. Plus in this current meta, meteor isn't really optimal due to things like blitz and sting kinda deleting isn't usefulness. You also have to consider the fact that tV3 is way more of a limited meta option and it is a lot less weight based than the current meta. You have to consider finally that I have an unpopular opinion on the subject, and while bump works fine, it's kinda like the heavy disk of frames, heavy with good utility but more specialized things are better in most situations besides defense. And like, meteor is like .4 or .5 grams lighter than bump, so it's not by much. And yes, weight distribution matters, maybe not in the current one, but it does matter in limited where tV3 will succeed. Plus, it's still better than turn no matter what, I personally think turn is a dud frame with very little use since it doesn't really help Br and it scrapes like L and W.

If you notice Meteor lost its relevance when Bump was released.
Even if Meteor is only half a gram lighter that is still half a gram less behind an attack.
And when battles are decided in one or two hits you need every gram. Heavier the better.
Even in limited you need to make attackers as heavy as possible.
There is no benefit of using Meteor over Bump or, depending on what frames are legal in limited, really at all.
Frames are not wide enough to affect the contact points of a beyblade so it is better to use one that has more weight.
I can understand if your reasoning for Vortex is that Zenith has the same shape and adds power to the contact points but you have to realize that the power increase is due to the distribution of the metal not the shape of the plastic.
Frames do not add to the contact points because they are just plastic. It is better to use a bulky and heavy frame than one that is lighter just because it lines up with the contact points.
(Mar. 05, 2020  1:17 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: At the moment an attacking bey (equipped with a rubber tip) starts to scrape it has already lost anyway.

Turbo Valtryek V3 Blitz (tt) Xtreme vs Galaxy Zeutron Z4 Sting (tt) Atomic SS. (Z4 alwayes launched first, ties redone, both strong launched, 15 battles)

tV3 %80 (9 Over finishes, 3 burst finishes.)
Z4 %20 (3 Spin finishes).
Ok, thank You, g2_

Would You mind to test the same matchup, but with At instead of At-S? 5 Rounds should be enough. I dont know why You switched unasked to At-S. I suggest it's worse than At.

And could You test the same Setup with 1 of Your bad molds of tV3? Then we see if its a matter of molding.
(Mar. 05, 2020  2:31 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Mar. 05, 2020  12:50 PM)bladekid Wrote: Tbh, checking the winning combo threads is a good idea if you want to get a feel of what's relevant, but it can definitely be misleading. Plus in this current meta, meteor isn't really optimal due to things like blitz and sting kinda deleting isn't usefulness. You also have to consider the fact that tV3 is way more of a limited meta option and it is a lot less weight based than the current meta. You have to consider finally that I have an unpopular opinion on the subject, and while bump works fine, it's kinda like the heavy disk of frames, heavy with good utility but more specialized things are better in most situations besides defense. And like, meteor is like .4 or .5 grams lighter than bump, so it's not by much. And yes, weight distribution matters, maybe not in the current one, but it does matter in limited where tV3 will succeed. Plus, it's still better than turn no matter what, I personally think turn is a dud frame with very little use since it doesn't really help Br and it scrapes like L and W.

If you notice Meteor lost its relevance when Bump was released.
Even if Meteor is only half a gram lighter that is still half a gram less behind an attack.
And when battles are decided in one or two hits you need every gram. Heavier the better.
Even in limited you need to make attackers as heavy as possible.
There is no benefit of using Meteor over Bump or, depending on what frames are legal in limited, really at all.
Frames are not wide enough to affect the contact points of a beyblade so it is better to use one that has more weight.
I can understand if your reasoning for Vortex is that Zenith has the same shape and adds power to the contact points but you have to realize that the power increase is due to the distribution of the metal not the shape of the plastic.
Frames do not add to the contact points because they are just plastic. It is better to use a bulky and heavy frame than one that is lighter just because it lines up with the contact points.
You right kinda. I forgot that meteor is outclassed. But not by bump as everything I've said stands, but M is instead outclassed by Star. It's kinda like what bump is perceived to be as it has better stamina, LAD, attack, and it's omnidirectional. Honestly idk why it's not talked about more, probably one of the most slept on parts tbh.
Also, these tests seem to make sense tbh. These are the ones I did recently.

tV3.8'V.X VS H4.0B.At-S

V3 win rate: 60% (OS: 0,KO: 1,B: 5)
H4 win rate: 40% (OS: 2,KO: 0,B: 2)
Ties: 0

tV3.8'V.X VS H4.0B.U

V3 win rate: 60% (OS: 0,KO: 1,B: 5)
H4 win rate: 40% (OS: 3,KO: 0,B: 1)
Ties:1

tV3.8'V.X VS aC.0B.At

V3 win rate: 60% (OS: 0,KO: 5,B: 1)
aC win rate: 40% (OS: 2,KO: 0,B: 2)
Ties:2

tV3.8'V.X VS aC.0B.U

V3 win rate: 40% (OS: 1,KO: 2,B: 1)
aC win rate: 60% (OS: 6,KO: 0,B: 0)
Ties: 1
Star is out classed by Cross. Cross has a rounder perimeter than star.

Meteor's use when it was released was in attack combos because, at the time, it was the heaviest frame.
Once Bump was released it made meteor irrelevant because it was heavier.
When talking about hasbro the best frames for mobile attack are Bump and Expand due to their weight.
(Mar. 12, 2020  8:58 PM)MWF Wrote:
Star is out classed by Cross. Cross has a rounder perimeter than star.

Meteor's use when it was released was in attack combos because, at the time, it was the heaviest frame.
Once Bump was released it made meteor irrelevant because it was heavier.
When talking about hasbro the best frames for mobile attack are Bump and Expand due to their weight.
You are looking at it too linearly. Weight isn't everything. It's kinda like the Heavy VS Magnum comparison. Heavy is heavier, but magnum has a better shape and is therefore better for attack in a lot of cases. Come to think if it, bump is kinda the Heavy of frames. It's never really a bad choice, but never really an optimal one. Also Expand is not good for attack, not only does it scrape but the shape makes it not hit as hard. Also yes, star is in a way outclassed by cross, but star is way more omnidirectional whereas cross is better in right spin and glaive is better in left.