Hasbro Tornado Beys

(Jul. 11, 2011  6:40 PM)LibraEagle Wrote: I know u can't use them in tournaments but u can't be sure it won't be useful

Something cannot be useful if it cannot be used ... That is logical.
It could have use...

As a doorstop.
While conceptialy this is an interesting product, in my mind this is just another cheap gimmick. However if this had nothing to do with Beyblade this would be an interesting toy.
(Jul. 11, 2011  7:01 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: While conceptialy this is an interesting product, in my mind this is just another cheap gimmick. However if this had nothing to do with Beyblade this would be an interesting toy.

Exactly.
Picked up each of these out of interest...

The ring is made of a lighter kind of metal than the normal Hasbro fusion rings. All the 5 tornado parts are interchangeable in some way - you'll need a triangular screwdriver or mini-hex-key to take the bolt out and release the 5 parts (5th part is the bolt - the same bolt as used to hold together Hasbro rip-chord launchers but with a tri-hole - otherwise useless). The pieces fit together in a similar way to normal beyblades.

Any normal fusion ring can be used with the tornado track (which is okaaay...), tip (witch is terrible) and clear wheel (which is pretty neat for being so thin) because those parts have comatible fittings.

The tornado fusion wheels are NOT compatible with other metal masters tracks or tips - but ARE compatible with metal masters clear wheels (there are a few combos that work, but they're not competitive in any way).

Overall the tornados are a lot of fun to watch (they're so top-heavy they flop all over the place for gimmicks) and that makes them worth the price of any other bey. Just not terribly useful beyond that, is all.

(also they both weigh bang-on 50gm)
However, if you actually have to use a screwdriver to remove screws, I highly doubt you are meant to do that, so it would be illegal to take them apart. Just like taking apart GB145 by removing the screws is obviously illegal.
This is true, that said, not like they're that legal anyway, it's weird that hasbro would make the parts interchangeable though Confused
Yeah, pretty sure we all realise they're not tournie material.... Just toys.
(Jul. 21, 2011  3:12 PM)th!nk Wrote: This is true, that said, not like they're that legal anyway, it's weird that hasbro would make the parts interchangeable though Confused

Probably going to do their own spin off series, of course they'll have to remake the stadiums to be taller with deeper pockets, and a new rule book, and new clothing, stationary, bags, boxes and new tournaments.

Just think if you work hard at it enough (and spend enough) you could be a pro blader and a pro tornado-er. Watch Hasbro's space, if there's money in it their there.
I seriously doubt it's something they're going to sink large amounts of money in. These things are usually a short term money-grab.
They look terrible and aren't really similar to the style of MFB at all; the one thing that strikes me about this whole line is that Hasbro are in essence polluting the main toyline with these strange additions, which honestly doesn't do much except detract attention from the "proper" Beyblades. I'm no expert toy market analyser, but why?
Profits, even if small, are profits nonetheless.

Beylon: If you could, could you post some pics of the parts disassembled, it'd be interesting to see exactly what you mean for myself Smile
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:18 PM)♥ Wrote: They look terrible and aren't really similar to the style of MFB at all; the one thing that strikes me about this whole line is that Hasbro are in essence polluting the main toyline with these strange additions, which honestly doesn't do much except detract attention from the "proper" Beyblades. I'm no expert toy market analyser, but why?

If you think about it Hasbro is doing us a favor. Now more serious bladers can get their hands on beys that they need and the younger ones will be using these. It's kind of their way dealing with the older audience while still pleasing the younger ones.
I see they are more expensive then some of the MFB blades, I originally thought they might be aimed at a younger audience, the whole thing with them being screwed together, but I see the MFB blades are also a lower age compared to the original plastics which were 8+.

Maybe their just the hidden spirit's of the MFB's
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:23 PM)th!nk Wrote: Profits, even if small, are profits nonetheless.

Beylon: If you could, could you post some pics of the parts disassembled, it'd be interesting to see exactly what you mean for myself Smile

However, these are the exact sorts of items that are left on the shelves months after they're first released.

(Jul. 21, 2011  4:25 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:18 PM)♥ Wrote: They look terrible and aren't really similar to the style of MFB at all; the one thing that strikes me about this whole line is that Hasbro are in essence polluting the main toyline with these strange additions, which honestly doesn't do much except detract attention from the "proper" Beyblades. I'm no expert toy market analyser, but why?

If you think about it Hasbro is doing us a favor. Now more serious bladers can get their hands on beys that they need and the younger ones will be using these. It's kind of their way dealing with the older audience while still pleasing the younger ones.

I doubt that the "older audience" are very high up on Hasbro's priority list at all ... and I'm pretty sure this isn't a roundabout way of "dealing" with them either.
As requested...

Notice in the first pic how the XTS fusion wheels can spin both left AND right, depending on the clear wheel you use. The XTS clear wheel in the second pic has all the appropriate grooves on its underside to house any normal fusion wheel as seen in the third pic.

While the tornado tips, tracks and wheels are all interchangeable and can be used with any fusion wheel, the tornado track canot be used with any normal tip, for example. If you want to use the tornado track with a normal wheel, you have to use the clear wheel and tip as well. Also the tips are rubbish.

Note the bolt in the first pic - change it for a normal one asap.

[Image: 25ow07d.png]
http://i51.tinypic.com/25ow07d.png
I'm not sure if it would be legal to take these apart and customize or not - even though they are illegal already, it still just doesn't make sense.
Thanks for that, man. Saves me buying one for myself.

So basically you can put a normal Metal Wheel on a tornado bey. Is that all that can be done, or?
(Jul. 23, 2011  1:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: Thanks for that, man. Saves me buying one for myself.

So basically you can put a normal Metal Wheel on a tornado bey. Is that all that can be done, or?

Yeah as far as I can tell. It's a shame about the tips - the top otherwise works pretty good (spin time around 1:30 - 2mins). Just has no fighting chance.

Also, there are only two of these things in the product line-up (check the box). So I guess that means no more tornados...?
There is tornado leone, destroyer, pegasus and lacerta coming
just saw these in the shops today, and i admit they look reletively cool. i know they are carp but im very tempted at buying one for looks and a few dumb fun battles. i know these will be illegal (but scince the current rules say nothing about them, a blader can get away with using one, unless it has changed under my nose) these would be cool for fun only, like the electronic ones.
Kai-V has posted that they are not legal, that is enough.

No good judge would let someone compete with them anyway.
By the way, it is official even by Hasbro rules : these are illegal. Genius, Hasbro.
(Jul. 24, 2011  3:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, it is official even by Hasbro rules : these are illegal. Genius, Hasbro.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is absolutely hilarious.

I guess hasbro is more focussed on "free/fun play", or whatever. Still, hilarious.
I think the upcoming Tornado Beys look cool, and they look as if they're each a taller version of Flame Byxis 230WD