[Hasbro]  Inferno Salamander S5 Testing and Discussion

Hi guys, it's bladekid. I got inferno today so I did some tests. Here they are:

Test 1:
IS5.00E.Gr VS bJ3.00E.Gr (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 20 battles)
S5 Win rate: 60% (OS: 12, KO: 0, BST: 0)
J3 Win rate: 40% (OS: 8, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Ties: 7

Test 2:
IS5.00C.Ab-S VS TT3.00C.Ab-S (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 20 battles)
S5 Win rate: 10% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 0)
T3 Win rate: 90% (OS: 18, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Ties: 0

Test 3:
IS5.00B.At-S VS L3.A.Hn-S (S5 launched first and med launched, ties redone, 20 battles)
S5 Win rate: 50% (OS: 8, KO: 2, BST: 0)
L3 Win rate: 50% (OS: 1, KO: 5, BST: 4)

Test 4:
IS5.0G.O VS F3.0G.O (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 20 battles)
S5 Win rate: 15% (OS: 2, KO: 0, BST: 1)
F3 Win rate: 85% (OS: 17, KO: 0, BST: 0)
Ties: 6

Final thoughts: inferno is definitely really good. For the limited format, it’s gonna be a great on Dm-S, as it has fantastic opposite spin game. For a more versatile dual spin combo using Ab-S, I would actually recommend using F3 instead of IS5. This is because the wide shape of IS5 actually gets destabilized way easier and doesn’t hold LAD or precession as well as F3, meaning you’re gonna lose way more in both situations. If you do want something like this with IS5, I would recommend going At, not At-S, but At. Ds and maybe Xt-S can play this role but with a but more focus on the opposite spin side. It’s defense with stock chip is pretty ok, but using the Luinor chip makes it pretty hard to burst. Overall, would recommend!
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:16 AM)bladekid Wrote: Hi guys, it's bladekid. I got inferno today so I did some tests. Here they are:

Test 1:
IS5.00E.Gr VS bJ3.00E.Gr (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 20 battles)

Test 2:
IS5.00C.Ab-S VS TT3.00C.Ab-S (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 20 battles)

Test 3:
IS5.00B.At-S VS L3.A.Hn-S (S5 launched first and med launched, ties redone, 20 battles)

Test 4:
IS5.0G.O VS F3.0G.O (alternating launches, ties redone, both weak launched, 20 battles)

Final thoughts: inferno is definitely really good. For the limited format, it’s gonna be a great on Dm-S, as it has fantastic opposite spin game. For a more versatile dual spin combo using Ab-S, I would actually recommend using F3 instead of IS5. This is because the wide shape of IS5 actually gets destabilized way easier and doesn’t hold LAD or precession as well as F3, meaning you’re gonna lose way more in both situations. If you do want something like this with IS5, I would recommend going At, not At-S, but At. Ds and maybe Xt-S can play this role but with a but more focus on the opposite spin side. It’s defense with stock chip is pretty ok, but using the Luinor chip makes it pretty hard to burst. Overall, would recommend!

Can you try : Inferno Luinor L5 0 Glaive Xtend-S
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:21 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:16 AM)bladekid Wrote: Hi guys, it's bladekid. I got inferno today so I did some tests. Here they are:

Test 1:

Test 2:

Test 3:

Test 4:

Can you try : Inferno Luinor L5 0 Glaive Xtend-S
That's one of the things that I will be testing

(Oct. 01, 2020  1:23 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Try Inferno Spriggan zenith destroy
I don't see the point. Spriggan is a direct downgrade from Luinor in every aspect, Zenith is bad for lad, and Ds doesn't fit with the combo
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:28 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  1:21 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Can you try : Inferno Luinor L5 0 Glaive Xtend-S
That's one of the things that I will be testing

(Oct. 01, 2020  1:23 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Try Inferno Spriggan zenith destroy
I don't see the point. Spriggan is a direct downgrade from Luinor in every aspect, Zenith is bad for lad, and Ds doesn't fit with the combo

I was trying to go for an attack combo (thus why the Ds) maybe Inferno Luinor 00 glaive Ds?
Snap, Inferno Salamander is out? Does that mean I can finally get Shield Kerbeus, too?
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:50 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: Snap, Inferno Salamander is out? Does that mean I can finally get Shield Kerbeus, too?
Not sure? I didn't see it

(Oct. 01, 2020  3:36 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:28 AM)bladekid Wrote: That's one of the things that I will be testing

I was trying to go for an attack combo (thus why the Ds) maybe Inferno Luinor 00 glaive Ds?
Do people think Ds is good for attack? I guess they do. I probably will do something attack based, but a better combo.
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:58 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:50 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: Snap, Inferno Salamander is out? Does that mean I can finally get Shield Kerbeus, too?
Not sure? I didn't see it

(Oct. 01, 2020  3:36 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I was trying to go for an attack combo (thus why the Ds) maybe Inferno Luinor 00 glaive Ds?
Do people think Ds is good for attack? I guess they do. I probably will do something attack based, but a better combo.

Is destroy not good for attack, because that’s what comes to my mind for attack.
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:49 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  3:58 AM)bladekid Wrote: Not sure? I didn't see it

Is destroy not good for attack, because that’s what comes to my mind for attack.
I wouldn't say so, it's basically a worse Jaggy in terms of attack, so it's pretty below average. The reason it was really good at a point was because it had the 2nd best LAD and didn't have the burst penalty of Br. Unfortunately I now that's kinda null and void due to Ab-S and Et-S.