[Hasbro]  Cosmic (Kraken) Testing and Discussion

Opinions and battles you would like for the best Hypersphere bey which is also very underrated. Feel free to tell me your pov but I shall defend my boi Kraken as much as possible, cause he won my hasbro tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagUEscnm80
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:43 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Opinions and battles you would like for the best Hypersphere bey which is also very underrated. Feel free to tell me your pov but I shall defend my boi Kraken as much as possible, cause he won my hasbro tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagUEscnm80

I don’t understand what you just said. Are going to rig the tests in Kraken’s favor? That’s what it sounds like.
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:45 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:43 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Opinions and battles you would like for the best Hypersphere bey which is also very underrated. Feel free to tell me your pov but I shall defend my boi Kraken as much as possible, cause he won my hasbro tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagUEscnm80

I don’t understand what you just said. Are going to rig the tests in Kraken’s favor? That’s what it sounds like.

No I'll try to defend my boi against opinions, battles are battles I'll even film it.
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:52 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:45 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I don’t understand what you just said. Are going to rig the tests in Kraken’s favor? That’s what it sounds like.

No I'll try to defend my boi against opinions, battles are battles I'll even film it.
Oh. Okay. I just wasn’t sure because of the way you worded it Wink.
I watched Your video. Seems like You are very dedicated. Here some hints for You:

1. Don't let Your launcher click. That is bad for the internal mechanism and will slowly destroy it.
2. Straighten Your ripcords. This will increase the power of Your launches.
3. Use a competitive stadium : the TT standard baystadium. If You wanna stick to Hasbro, take the Epic Rivals Stadium.
4. Never fight with a bey on a slingshock driver in slingshock mode vs. a bey on a Hypersphere driver. This is absolutely incomparable. Dm-S in Slingshock mode will always head directly to the rails wasting stamina, while Valor-H sits in the center and laughs. 
5. Read a lot in this forum and try out some combos which are not stock.

And finally some of my combos which might defeat Kraken:

Opposite Spin:
F5.0W.Dm-S
tS4.00E.Rs-H

Same Spin:
G3.0C.At
N3.7M.Hn
(Apr. 28, 2020  11:26 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: I watched Your video. Seems like You are very dedicated. Here some hints for You:

1. Don't let Your launcher click. That is bad for the internal mechanism and will slowly destroy it.
2. Straighten Your ripcords. This will increase the power of Your launches.
3. Use a competitive stadium : the TT standard baystadium. If You wanna stick to Hasbro, take the Epic Rivals Stadium.
4. Never fight with a bey on a slingshock driver in slingshock mode vs. a bey on a Hypersphere driver. This is absolutely incomparable. Dm-S in Slingshock mode will always head directly to the rails wasting stamina, while Valor-H sits in the center and laughs. 
5. Read a lot in this forum and try out some combos which are not stock.

And finally some of my combos which might defeat Kraken:

Opposite Spin:
F5.0W.Dm-S
tS4.00E.Rs-H

Same Spin:
G3.0C.At
N3.7M.Hn

Noted ik another way to attach beys to the launcher by moving the slopes. I have straight ripcords. Don't have standard TT though, only got rail rush hypersphere and battle tower. I am currently testing Cosmic Vatryek 00turn Destroy-S. Also I used sling shock because Achilles was already outclassed in stamina. Is n3 Noctemis?If so I can do Noctemis 7M and Xtreme or iron if that is ok. Also are you sure Fafnir F5 is a good layer. I will try the combo. Thank you!
Ok nice. I just saw the cord of the green launcher is bent. With hot water you can straighten it easily.

Well I am glad to see Cosmic Valtryek soon in action.

Xtreme works, yes, instead of Hunter. The idea is that N3 in uppercut mode can destabilize beys on Hypersphere drivers because they are higher.

Fafnir is mediocre, but as left spinning bey he might outspin K5, if used with Bearing or Dimension-S.
(Apr. 29, 2020  6:37 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Ok nice. I just saw the cord of the green launcher is bent. With hot water you can straighten it easily.

Xtreme works, yes, instead of Hunter. The idea is that N3 in uppercut mode can destabilize beys on Hypersphere drivers because they are higher.

Fafnir is mediocre, but as left spinning bey he might outspin K5, if used with Bearing or Dimension-S.

I tried Fafnir F5 0W Dimension-H, it did not have enough LAD to beat stock combo Kraken.
The Noctemis combo did manage to knock it around a bit, but not consistenly enough to beat it.
I tried Xcalius X3 on 1Cross Xtreme and did a bit better then Noctemis, KO ing it sometimes and even getting a burst. I will try better Xcalius X3 combos. Do you have any to suggest me?

Also is it ok if I use Cho-Z Sprrigan instead of TS4 but with Glaive?

Finally what is better for Cosmic, Dm-S or Rise-H?
(Apr. 29, 2020  3:45 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  6:37 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Ok nice. I just saw the cord of the green launcher is bent. With hot water you can straighten it easily.

I tried Fafnir F5 0W Dimension-H, it did not have enough LAD to beat stock combo Kraken.
The Noctemis combo did manage to knock it around a bit, but not consistenly enough to beat it.
I tried Xcalius X3 on 1Cross Xtreme and did a bit better then Noctemis, KO ing it sometimes and even getting a burst. I will try better Xcalius X3 combos. Do you have any to suggest me?

Did you balance test 0W.Dm-S? If you don't it won't work.
(Apr. 29, 2020  4:55 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  3:45 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: I tried Fafnir F5 0W Dimension-H, it did not have enough LAD to beat stock combo Kraken.

Did you balance test 0W.Dm-S? If you don't it won't work.
What? I did it in the hypersphere stadium where it has a lot more balance then in the RailRush stadium. Also in your opinion would 0 or 00 be better on kraken and woul dDM-S or Rise-H be better?
(Apr. 29, 2020  5:12 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  4:55 PM)bladekid Wrote: Did you balance test 0W.Dm-S? If you don't it won't work.
What? I did it in the hypersphere stadium where it has a lot more balance then in the RailRush stadium. Also in your opinion would 0 or 00 be better on kraken and woul dDM-S or Rise-H be better?
That would explain too many things. Do you even know how to balance test Dm-S?
(Apr. 29, 2020  5:27 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  5:12 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: What? I did it in the hypersphere stadium where it has a lot more balance then in the RailRush stadium. Also in your opinion would 0 or 00 be better on kraken and woul dDM-S or Rise-H be better?
That would explain too many things. Do you even know how to balance test Dm-S?

Wth do you mean?
(Apr. 29, 2020  5:29 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  5:27 PM)bladekid Wrote: That would explain too many things. Do you even know how to balance test Dm-S?

Wth do you mean?
Doing battles in a hypersphere stadium is a lot worse than sling shock because it's a weirder shape and doesn't have a correct curve depth. And what I mean by balance testing Dm-S is when you lower it past the normal point and adjust it to where it doesn't fall over using the wall or lift frame. You need to find a pretty good balance between LAD consistency and LAD potency. It's hard and it doesn't work it a hypersphere stadium.
(Apr. 29, 2020  7:30 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  5:29 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Wth do you mean?
Doing battles in a hypersphere stadium is a lot worse than sling shock because it's a weirder shape and doesn't have a correct curve depth. And what I mean by balance testing Dm-S is when you lower it past the normal point and adjust it to where it doesn't fall over using the wall or lift frame. You need to find a pretty good balance between LAD consistency and LAD potency. It's hard and it doesn't work it a hypersphere stadium.

It stays in the middle in the hypersphere. Also I did lower it past the normal point, hopefully not broken. Normallyu can do 5 spins. I did a 2/3 spin before the normal loweest height. how many spins approx. is that perfect height.
(Apr. 29, 2020  7:33 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  7:30 PM)bladekid Wrote: Doing battles in a hypersphere stadium is a lot worse than sling shock because it's a weirder shape and doesn't have a correct curve depth. And what I mean by balance testing Dm-S is when you lower it past the normal point and adjust it to where it doesn't fall over using the wall or lift frame. You need to find a pretty good balance between LAD consistency and LAD potency. It's hard and it doesn't work it a hypersphere stadium.

It stays in the middle in the hypersphere. Also I did lower it past the normal point, hopefully not broken. Normallyu can do 5 spins. I did a 2/3 spin before the normal loweest height. how many spins approx. is that perfect height.
There is no perfect hight, but you have to to balance it so it doesn't fall over. What is normal is usually the tabs lined up with the rivets on the first rotation past the normal stamina mode. Just about where it starts to get tight.
Agree. To answer Your questions: X3.7/00M/V.X should be good.

On F5 You could replace Dm-S with Rise-H. Cho-Z Spriggan in left spin is OK.

Seems like Cosmic Kraken is really strong. Using the known testing format would help. See threads "testing and discussion" by kjrules for example.
I'll just post my testing style here lol.

Just note, it's only the tip of the iceberg as the results allow me to get an idea of how the part I'm testing compares to other parts, Stamina-wise. Other things like Attack, Burst Resistance, etc. can always be tested later. Please, don't look at my results as the end all, be all, they're just a few comparisons. And even if a part doesn't do well against the ones I compare it to, it could find a use in something else. You never know.

The combos I use for Stamina comparisons for Burst Standard are Sting Liner-S (Battle Ring Mode) (Takara Tomy Sting btw) for Same-Spin and 00Bump Atomic for Opposite Spin. Same-Spin is hard launched, Opposite-Spin is weak launched. Discs and Drivers are switched halfway through the tests. I usually use a Light Launcher and Long Winder for Same-Spin and the Dual Threat for Opposite-Spin but I will use a Dual Threat or other string launchers I have for Same-Spin if the Layer in question doesn't launch well from the Light Launcher (an example is Morrigna M4, it works fine for me on the Dual Threat when I hard launch but not on the Light Launcher and Long Winder). And of course, the Burst Beystadium Standard Type. I use Sting Liner-S (Battle Ring Mode) because it's very tight and decreases the likelihood of Bursting, meaning the chances of an Out-Spin happening can increase. This is only testing Stamina, so the goal is to get Out-Spins. You don't have to use this combo though (for example bladekid likes to use 0Cross Orbit). This is just what I like to use. And of course, you can use other combos to test for other things like Burst Resistance, Attack, Defense, you name it. I use 00Bump Atomic because I want to save my Bearing Drivers for tournaments and/or testing that is more focused on Drivers, like Bearing vs. a HyperSphere Driver etc. for example. But just like with my Same-Spin combo, you don't have to use 00Bump Atomic either if you don't want to. bladekid has mentioned using 00Expand Bearing or Guard in his tests, as they take the focus off the Wall Disc Frame and put it more on the Layers while staying consistent. I can agree with that. Wall on both combos can make it very close. He also mentioned that those combos, especially the Guard one, can help in seeing if the Layer being tested can function like Jinnius J3.

Also, for Layers that still Burst on Sting Liner-S and/or 00Bump Atomic, it may make the test take longer because I'm only trying to test Stamina for now but I will still try to get it done. I'll just try to make it known that the Layer may not have good Burst Resistance in the post-testing blurb. Some parts may not have good Burst Resistance but good Stamina or something else which is why I wanted to use a tight setup just in case.

The Layers I use for my comparisons are Balkesh B3, Caynox C3, Fafnir F3, Garuda G3, Kerbeus K4 (Guardian not Hazard btw), and both spin directions of Spryzen Requiem S3. I may also start including other Layers soon™. These are some of the best Hasbro Burst Layers right now, so comparing other parts to them is important to me. If you wanna be the best, you have to beat the best.

But that's about it for my Stamina testing style for Burst Standard. Once again, this is what I like to use, but if you find something else that you like, go for it. It is not an end all, be all, there are plenty more tests that can be done. This just helps give me important information about the part I'm testing.
(Apr. 29, 2020  9:51 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Agree. To answer Your questions: X3.7/00M/V.X  should be good.

On F5 You could replace Dm-S with Rise-H. Cho-Z Spriggan in left spin is OK.

Seems like Cosmic Kraken is really strong. Using the known testing format would help. See threads "testing and discussion" by kjrules for example.
Maybe the driver is good, but as far as I'm concerned CK5 isn't very good.
So far I think a good combo is Cosmic Valtryek 00Turn Rise-H
(Apr. 29, 2020  11:30 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: So far I think a good combo is Cosmic Valtryek 00Turn Rise-H
Try it with expand if you haven't
(Apr. 30, 2020  1:27 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  11:30 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: So far I think a good combo is Cosmic Valtryek 00Turn Rise-H
Try it with expand if you haven't

Don't have it sadly
(Apr. 30, 2020  1:39 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2020  1:27 AM)bladekid Wrote: Try it with expand if you haven't

Don't have it sadly
Ok. It's better than turn by a good bit.
Anyone still testing out Cosmic Kraken? As a former sailor and my name starting with a K I would love to see the best form of Kraken. I unfortanatly dont have any meta beys or a good stadium to test myself.