[Hasbro]  Atomic-S Testing & Discussion

I mainly decided to see how it compared to normal Atomic.

Asteroid Zeutron Z3 10Expand Atomic-S vs. MGC Sieg Xcalibur 0Cross Orbit Metal
aZ3.10E.At-S: 8 wins (1 KO, 7 OS)
sX.0C.Om: 12 wins (3 KO, 8 OS, 1 Burst)
3 ties redone
aZ3.10E.At-S win rate: 40%

Asteroid Zeutron Z3 10Expand Atomic vs. MGC Sieg Xcalibur 0Cross Orbit Metal
aZ3.10E.At: 9 wins (1 KO, 8 OS)
sX.0C.Om: 11 wins (4 KO, 2 OS, 5 Burst)
2 ties redone
aZ3.10E.At win rate: 45%

Though the two got pretty similar winrates against stationary sX, it's worth noting that At-S's burst resistance is really good, though I found its stamina to be not very good. If you look at the amount of which ended in outspins, you'll see that sX actually OSed At-S more often than not. This is because it's so heavy that it pushed aZ3 out of the middle of the stadium and destabilized it, and with At-S smaller surface area that means it'll tip over faster and scrape. I tried switching out the Frame for things like Proof, Cross, and Bump, but none of them really seemed to help the issue. I'd be a bit interested to see how sX fares in this matchup against T3 or H4 on At-S, if it has a similar chance to OS them as well (or burst/KO T3).

As a tangent to finding the best same spin Frame for At-S, I wanted to see if 00.Kp' could beat any of its setups in opposite spin, since it could beat Cross.Om. I tried out F3.00_.At-S against mG.00.Kp', starting with Expand and then moving down the frames for normal Atomic until F3 started losing. It never got to that point unfortunately, Expand, Proof, and Glaive all won even when I hard launched mG, and it wasn't until I got down to Bump that they started tying, with F3 still winning occasionally. Kind of a bummer, since mG Orbit had been known to OS dF Atomic in the past, I was hoping that would translate over to Kp' and At-S. So I just went back to Expand.

Asteroid Zeutron Z3 10Expand Atomic-S vs. Twin Nemesis 5Dagger Hunter'
aZ3.10E.At-S: 13 wins (all OS)
tN.5D,Hn': 7 wins (4 KO, 2 OS, 1 Burst)
2 ties redone
aZ3.10E.At-S win rate: 65%

Asteroid Zeutron Z3 10Expand Atomic vs. Twin Nemesis 5Dagger Hunter'
aZ3.10E.At: 7 wins (1 KO, 7 OS)
tN.5D.Hn': 13 wins (5 KO, 3 OS, 5 Burst)
2 ties redone
aZ3.10E.At-S win rate: 35%

Asteroid Zeutron Z3 10Expand Atomic-S vs. Nightmare Longinus Turn Xtreme'
aZ3.10E.At-S: 11 wins (2 KO, 9 OS)
nL.T.X': 9 wins (8 KO, 1 OS)
aZ3.10E.At-S win rate: 55%

(Nov. 17, 2020  4:33 AM)Wombat Wrote: Nightmare Longinus Turn Xtreme' vs Asteroid Zeutron Z3 0Proof Atomic
nL.T.X': 12 wins (11 KO, 1 Burst)
aZ3.0P.At: 8 wins (all OS)
nL.T.X' win rate: 60%

At-S really showed off its defensive abilities in these tests. Not only was it harder to burst, but since the ball is smaller (and therefore less efficient) it didn't get as dangerously close to the exits as normal At did, and the Slingshock ring also catches the Tornado Ridge pretty well. Not too sure about its stamina though, I think I'd almost want to go with normal Atomic for that, so I guess that makes At-S more of a Burst Defense driver? I guess that means Burst Defense gets to beat KO Defense in both spin directions then? I guess that's fair since KO Attack is so powerful?
(Dec. 28, 2020  4:30 AM)Wombat Wrote: I mainly decided to see how it compared to normal Atomic.

3 ties redone

2 ties redone

Though the two got pretty similar winrates against stationary sX, it's worth noting that At-S's burst resistance is really good, though I found its stamina to be not very good. If you look at the amount of which ended in outspins, you'll see that sX actually OSed At-S more often than not. This is because it's so heavy that it pushed aZ3 out of the middle of the stadium and destabilized it, and with At-S smaller surface area that means it'll tip over faster and scrape. I tried switching out the Frame for things like Proof, Cross, and Bump, but none of them really seemed to help the issue. I'd be a bit interested to see how sX fares in this matchup against T3 or H4 on At-S, if it has a similar chance to OS them as well (or burst/KO T3).

As a tangent to finding the best same spin Frame for At-S, I wanted to see if 00.Kp' could beat any of its setups in opposite spin, since it could beat Cross.Om. I tried out F3.00_.At-S against mG.00.Kp', starting with Expand and then moving down the frames for normal Atomic until F3 started losing. It never got to that point unfortunately, Expand, Proof, and Glaive all won even when I hard launched mG, and it wasn't until I got down to Bump that they started tying, with F3 still winning occasionally. Kind of a bummer, since mG Orbit had been known to OS dF Atomic in the past, I was hoping that would translate over to Kp' and At-S. So I just went back to Expand.

2 ties redone

2 ties redone

(Nov. 17, 2020  4:33 AM)Wombat Wrote: Nightmare Longinus Turn Xtreme' vs Asteroid Zeutron Z3 0Proof Atomic

At-S really showed off its defensive abilities in these tests. Not only was it harder to burst, but since the ball is smaller (and therefore less efficient) it didn't get as dangerously close to the exits as normal At did, and the Slingshock ring also catches the Tornado Ridge pretty well. Not too sure about its stamina though, I think I'd almost want to go with normal Atomic for that, so I guess that makes At-S more of a Burst Defense driver? I guess that means Burst Defense gets to beat KO Defense in both spin directions then? I guess that's fair since KO Attack is so powerful?

Perhaps Hercules H4 on Atomic-S could do well against Twin Nemesis? Zwei is countered by Hercules and since they are both upper attack maybe the defence combo will be good? This is just a theory
(Dec. 28, 2020  4:30 AM)Wombat Wrote: I mainly decided to see how it compared to normal Atomic.

3 ties redone

2 ties redone

2 ties redone

2 ties redone

Thanks for these tests! I didn’t know wether to use mine or not, it did seem to work pretty well on my Asteroid Zuetron 00 Meteor, but I never did get to test that competitively. If you have those parts and would be willing to test with that combo, that would be great!
The spin steal combo I invented is Spryzen Requiem Magnum Atomic - S. Left spin.

3 ties redone

2 ties redone

2 ties redone

2 ties redone

I CLEARLY don’t understand WHAT IN THE WORLD does this mean: aZ3.0P.At:. I also don’t understand the other things like that. Can someone please explain?
(Dec. 28, 2020  4:27 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: I CLEARLY don’t understand WHAT IN THE WORLD does this mean: aZ3.0P.At:. I also don’t understand the other things like that. Can someone please explain?

It's just an abbreviation for combos he used.  In the example you gave, aZ3 means Asteroid Zeutron Z3, the 0P means 0 (core disc) Proof (frame), and At is for Atomic.  Writing combos that way just makes it more simple and easier to read than just typing out the entire combo word for word. Also, Wombat wrote the full combos above the battles, so that should help you understand what they used in their testings.
(Dec. 28, 2020  4:34 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2020  4:27 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: I CLEARLY don’t understand WHAT IN THE WORLD does this mean: aZ3.0P.At:. I also don’t understand the other things like that. Can someone please explain?

It's just an abbreviation for combos he used.  In the example you gave, aZ3 means Asteroid Zeutron Z3, the 0P means 0 (core disc) Proof (frame), and At is for Atomic.  Writing combos that way just makes it more simple and easier to read than just typing out the entire combo word for word.  Also, Wombat wrote the full combos above the battles, so that should help you understand what they used in their testings.

Oh ok. Thank you!