Haruhism

...Being weird is really the point. If you think Episode 3 is odd, wait until you get further in. (Yuki Nagato vs. Ryoko Asakura FTW!) On another note: First time ever using FTW. I'm such a scrub, since I just found out it means For The Win.
(Jun. 12, 2011  5:44 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: ...Being weird is really the point. If you think Episode 3 is odd, wait until you get further in. (Yuki Nagato vs. Ryoko Asakura FTW!) On another note: First time ever using FTW. I'm such a scrub, since I just found out it means For The Win.

yes it was really
i watched the whole season
WATS UP WITH THE ENDING kinda boringish ending for such a good series
isn't season 2 (chronologically ) part of season 1
they didn't even reveal if haruhi learnt she was the time thingy
anyway about to watch the disappearance movie thingy Joyful_2
(May. 28, 2011  2:21 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(May. 28, 2011  7:15 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Man... I've been gone for too long. I forgot just how much Nano likes his Haruhi Suzumiya. Watching Haruhi-chan Suzumiya now.
You also forgot how much I like it too. Tongue_out

You don't forget about Bey-Heart. In fact, I went to a sig and avatar shop, and they asked for the same thing. Haruhi. That's how I remember Nano and Bey-Heart. End of story.
(Jun. 13, 2011  1:32 AM)darkblader12 Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2011  5:44 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: ...Being weird is really the point. If you think Episode 3 is odd, wait until you get further in. (Yuki Nagato vs. Ryoko Asakura FTW!) On another note: First time ever using FTW. I'm such a scrub, since I just found out it means For The Win.

yes it was really
i watched the whole season
WATS UP WITH THE ENDING kinda boringish ending for such a good series
isn't season 2 (chronologically ) part of season 1
they didn't even reveal if haruhi learnt she was the time thingy
anyway about to watch the disappearance movie thingy Joyful_2

She refuses to believe Kyon. Besides, if she learned, Kyon would have to reveal that he is John Smith, thus ending the world as they know it. (Was that in Disappearance? I forgot if it was.)
After seeing it on eBay, I had the insane thought, if only for a second, of buying the new Haruhi game, on PS3.

It apparently takes place after the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in which pretty much nothing has really been solved at the end of the movie. I thought "Hey, that's pretty cool" but then I realized that this would probably be a story-heavy game fillewd with Japanese text I won't be able to read, even if it was in all Katakana, which it probably isn't anyway, so I dropped that idea.

I'm dreaming, since pretty much no Haruhi game has been brought to America as far as I'm aware, but I hope the game gets released here. It looks fun.
(Aug. 10, 2011  2:19 PM)Dude Wrote: I'm dreaming, since pretty much no Haruhi game has been brought to America as far as I'm aware, but I hope the game gets released here. It looks fun.
You and me both, buddy...

I was hoping that we would get a release of the Wii game, but SEGA never brought it over here... Tired
What dude said earlier: Try reading the Baka-Tsuki translations of the light novels if you want 'more' to happen...The anime episodes so far as just the beggining of the series though I sincerely hope that the rest of the light novels do get animated.

Anyway, since Odin and I think Nano introduced TMoHS on Otaku Space a long while ago (I think half a year ago o_o) after watching the first few episodes, it took me a few days to finish the whole of season 1 and 2, along with all the episodes of Haruhi-Chan and the other parody revolving around a chibi tsuruya who is obsessed with smoked cheese. I also went on to watch the dissapearance movie which was incredibly good in my opinion.

Then I read all the Haruhi manga chapters for the sake of it and moved onto the manga chapters of The dissapearnce of Nagato Yuki, which is a spin off of the dissapearance movie showing how life would be if Kyon never used the emergency escape program nagato left for him to end everything and go back to how it normally was.

And after that, I went on to reading all the baka-tsuki translations of the light novels from volume 5 (volume 1-4 are covered in the movie and anime) to 9 and the preview of 10(it wasnt released at the time) and I recently read the translation of 10 as it was released not so long ago (well I'm actually still reading it).

While waiting for the 10th volume to be released, I read a series of fanfiction, the most notable would be Meet the Suzumiyas and its sequel Life with the Suzumiyas which in my opinion, compete with the original light novels (they're both so in-character and relevant).

Anyway, Nano, Beyheart, and Sparta....beat that.
Hrm. I'll have to agree with Medz. TDoHS is one of the best anime movies since Princess Mononoke. There's not much humor in the first two hours, but the few times that it DOES show up, it shows up BIG. Anyway, I'm glad this got necroed. I finished re-watching the whole series, and I'm reading the manga now. I must say, it's fun being a Haruhi Suzumiya fan. Plus, when you look at stuff like "Setokai no Ichizon", they blatantly parody or copy the franchise on purpose, which tells you just how far the series has come.
(Aug. 10, 2011  2:19 PM)Dude Wrote: It apparently takes place after the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya in which pretty much nothing has really been solved at the end of the movie. I thought "Hey, that's pretty cool" but then I realized that this would probably be a story-heavy game fillewd with Japanese text I won't be able to read, even if it was in all Katakana, which it probably isn't anyway, so I dropped that idea.

I'm dreaming, since pretty much no Haruhi game has been brought to America as far as I'm aware, but I hope the game gets released here. It looks fun.

I really want to play a Haruhi game, but SEGA won't get them over here. Really, all we can do is hope. (And maybe complain out loud a bit.)
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while!

Let the record show that yesterday, at sometime near midnight, I finished watching season 2, making that 12 times I have watched the series. Every episode-including the endless 8. I also made my own fanfiction on..erm..fanfiction (Or did I already post that?). Just did, Medz Tongue_out_wink

I actually didn't like Haruhi's attitude in the second season. She lost her crazy wildness and fun and replaced it with bossiness and stupidity.

Oh, and WHY HASN'T THERE BEEN ANY NEWS ON TDoHS-DUBBED?!
Sparta, the Meet the Suzumiyas fanfic has around 40 chapters each consisting of like five A4 full pages of words each chapter. Along with reading ALL the light novels now (finished 10), and watching all spin-offs and reading all related maga, I think I'm still ahead of you Tongue_out

Also, some feedback to your fic:
It's a good start but the fic is probably one of the shortest I have ever read in my life. Try keeping the chapters longer. Also, things like when he woke up on Haruhi's lap, I'd think that he'd immediately jump and ask her who she was instead of waiting there confused until she said something. Keep going though, its nice.
Hey, I just started TMOHS, currently suffering through the beginning of season 2 (episodes 5 through whenever the head throbbing loop stops).
(Aug. 15, 2011  4:58 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: Hey, I just started TMOHS, currently suffering through the beginning of season 2 (episodes 5 through whenever the head throbbing loop stops).

Haha, just think: Nagato had to do it 14958 times or something. 8 is nothing.
Over 200,000 if I remember correctly. My brain hurts... Anyway, I have to say, a lot of parody anime are giving a lot of homage to Haruhi. One anime specifically refers to it by name, and the characters use the "I am not interested in normal humans..." line, complete with pigtails and a brigade leader arm band. (Though she did not have one at the time, but that's okay.)
So, yesterday and the day before that, I went to a convention in Montréal called Otakuthon (In which I got to meet Kyon's voice actor, Crispin Freeman :p)

Strangely, there were at least 12 Haruhi cosplayers, but I didn't see any Nagato, Kyon, or any of the other cast. How weird is that? It,s like the only one with a design that's worth cosplaying is Haruhi Uncertain
Lol, that's pretty awesome eh?
meeting voice actors are one of the many reasons to go cosplay I guess.
Eh? AT Anime Central this May, I saw more Nagato and Bunny Mikuru than Konota. They were pretty common. I'll see about Anime World Chicago this weekend (Last week of freedom...), but I don't think it'll be the same here. There are a lot of Nagato fans buzzing about Anime World Chicago at Anime Central, so I expect to see a few.
(Aug. 15, 2011  5:38 PM)Dude Wrote: So, yesterday and the day before that, I went to a convention in Montréal called Otakuthon (In which I got to meet Kyon's voice actor, Crispin Freeman :p)

You lucky son of a bitchip.
I sure am XD He was such a nice guy, too, I was kinda surprised.

I guess I sorta got the wrong impression from the guy that was signing autographs before mister Freeman, who looked bored as hell and annoyed by every single person asking him anything other than to quickly scribble his autograph on something. But Mr. Freeman was really cool and was smiling all the time.

If there hadn't been a huge line of busy otakus waiting behind me, I probably would have hugged him Uncertain
He is a nice guy. He teaches voice acting classes and mythology classes.
I've seen a few of his panels on YouTube, and he looks very nice, and funny.

Like I said, YOU LUCKY SON OF A BITCHIP! Angry
Just watched the Haruhi movie in english dub.

I'm really surprised. This was really damn good! The plot was always interesting and the time travel made sense. It was really cool to see and hear Kyon's reaction to his entire world changing around, starting from just mildly confused to going right out insane and desperate, without mentionning his hilarious cynism. There's also one point where he says "Who should I pray to? Buddha? Mohhamed? Lovecraft?" so the movie certainly gets extra points from me, just for mentionning Lovecraftian Lore. It was also pretty trippy to see Ryoko back in the class, voiced by the always loveable Bridget Hoffman, who's so creepy because of how cutely she speaks XD Speaking of cute, I absoluely loved Nagato in this movie. She was so disgustingly cute, I couldn't believe it! x3 Kyon made the wrong decision, man, I totally would've stayed in the altered world, since he obviously had a thing going with that cuter-than-life Yuki! Actually, looking back, pretty much everyone seemed happier in the altered reality. Mikuru wasn't being dragged around by Haruhi, Nagato had actual feelings (And even smiled x3), Koizumi was close to Haruhi (Although he apparently felt it wouldn't work out, because of Haurhi) and Kyon could've lived a normal life. The only one who seemed unhappy about the new world was Haruhi, but that could've been better for her. Let's think about this: It's implied several times that Haruhi has good, if not great, grades, but she horribly focuses on the SOS Brigade. What would happen when school would be over with, when they would all have to go to University? My idea is that she would just put everyone in a time loop, again. I would've just silently joined the literature club, spent time with that adorable Yuki and worked on getting a normal life. If you miss Mikuru and your other friends, just try to become friends with them again without being ridiculously creepy about it.

Anyway, still a great movie. Long as hell, but good as hell XD

EDIT: Another thing I liked about the movie was that Taniguchi and Kunikida acted like actual very good friends, rather than the kind of annoying people you accidentally end up hanging out with in High School to make it more bareable. When Kyon starts acting crazy, they seemed really worried for him, Kunikida even very gently offering to take him to the nurse's office. I'm not sure why I like that so much, but I do.

EDIT 2: Would anyone happen to know how I could legally buy the DVD for this excellent movie, like an eBay link or an Amazon page or something? I watched it online, but it's really one of those movies that's totally worth buying.

EDIT 3: I also loved how they clearly had Koizumi say that he loved Haruhi and had Kyon hesitant towards the idea of having a crush on Nagato. I guess they didn't have him clearly say it not to disappoint all the KyonxHaruhi fans or the KyonxMikuru fans...or even the KyonxKoizumi fans... *Shutter*
Ah so the dissapearance dub is out already? I think I'll go ahead and watch it soon. I've already watched the subbed version and read the light novel chapters about it but what the heck.

Edit: Sorry sparta haha.

IT'S FINALLY OUT???!!!

No! No one say anything! At least put it in spoilers; I'm gonna watch it right now (A great excuse not to do homework). I have been waiting for months!

EDIT: Dude, you lied to me!-or it's not out in America. A thousand curses upon this day, I was tricked!
Sorry XD

I found it on Dubhappy.com, if you're looking for a good link. I had to switch between the Videozer link and the MegaUpload link, because of their silly time limits.

EDIT: What are you talking about, man? It's right here http://dubhappy.com/the-disappearance-of...glish-dub/

Maybe it's not out on DVD, or something, which would explain why I can't find it on eBay, but it sure is online XD
Watching illegal pirated videos is really wrong. But for a new Haruhi movie, it is okay to have double standards. GG. Watch away.
Hey, I would totally legally buy it, if I found it anywhere XD

I will, too, when I find it...