Handling Hasbro's Beyblade Burst on the Beyblade Wiki – Future Guidelines

Hey World Bladers!

Thanks for your patience while we plan out our approach towards including Hasbro Burst into the Wiki. If you gave your opinion before, it certainly helped us work towards the most practical approach to this problem, and we can finally present a rundown of how we expect this integration to be fulfilled.

I'll be detailing the changes in a list form first, and then explaining why we've made these choices afterwards. You won't all agree with some of them, but we've tried our best to approach these in the best way for both readers and editors alike.

So sit back, grab a drink and make yourself comfortable! A wall of text is coming your way now!

General Changes
The following changes affect all Burst articles:
  • All instances of Layer, Disk and Driver will be changed to Energy Layer, Forge Disc and Performance Tip respectively.
  • Hasbro terminology will be used instead of Takara-Tomy terminology wherever possible.
  • The following articles will be merged into the Burst System article and updated to include the differences between Takara-Tomy and Hasbro variants: Layer, Disk, Driver.

These are some of the more predictable changes we've made. As expected, we've made the choice to follow the Hasbro terminology for Layer, Disk and Driver, being Energy Layer, Forge Disc and Performance Tip, and also follow any other general terminology they may add. As I'm sure I've made clear before, these are a huge boost to SEO, as you'll find these terms searched far more often than their Takara Tomy counterparts following the full rollout of Burst globally.

We're also going to take this opportunity to merge the Layer, Disk and Driver articles into the Burst System article, and update the article to have a section on the differences in the Burst mechanism. At the moment, having them as separate articles is redundant and leaves each of these four articles exceedingly sparse in content. This change will also be rolled out across the other Beyblade systems, but is not our top priority.

And yes, we are adopting Hasbro part names, but perhaps not to the extent that you're thinking. Read on to find out more!

Part Article Changes
The following changes affect all Parts articles:
  • In co-ordination with Layer, Disk and Driver becoming Energy Layer, Forge Disc and Performance Tip, the following article name structures will be used:
  • Information on Takara Tomy and Hasbro releases will be stored on the same article.
  • A new section titled "Differences between Hasbro & Takara Tomy releases" will be added to all Parts articles.
  • Image names will be renamed to take into account the change in terminology.
  • The list of products that a part is included in on a Part Article will be split into Hasbro and Takara Tomy subheadings to provide a cleaner layout.

The naming structures are our best solution to making the names of Parts less confusing for both readers and editors, and was well received by you, the community. Thus, we're implementing it! Hooray, alternatives to Hasbro's coding system!

Following the extensive testing on Hasbro parts last month, it became clear that the change in Burst mechanism did not have as large of an impact as initially thought. As a result, we're happy to avoid splitting Parts articles into two versions for each manufacturer.

However, with this decision, all Parts articles will now include a "Differences between Hasbro & Takara Tomy releases" section to detail the changes between the manufacturers. While we don't expect this will be used much on Forge Disc articles, this should see use on Energy Layer and Performance Tip articles as there are a few mold changes with some parts that need to be detailed. This section will also be imported into Beyblade articles using our current Parts Import system.

And yes, the tedious task of renaming images falls under this. I don't expect this to take long, but the likes of LayerValkyrie.jpg will need renaming to PerformanceTip-Valtryek-TT.jpg, and so on. It's an irritating change that even I'm dreading doing, but it'll present a cleaner file system and easier access to the files in question as well.

Beyblade Article Changes
The following changes affect all Burst Beyblade articles:
  • In co-ordination with changes to the part names, the following article structure will be followed: (e.g: Valtryek V2 Boost Variable)
  • Beyblade articles will not be split into Hasbro and Takara Tomy variants.
  • The following headings will receive Hasbro and Takara Tomy subheadings to split their content up: Variants, Gallery.
  • The opening paragraph of Beyblade articles will include both Hasbro and Takara Tomy details. As an example for the Valtryek V2 Boost Variable article:
  • The Beyblade Infobox will be updated to include variables for release dates in the following territories: Japan, Canada, US, EU.

The big change here is how we're addressing the naming of Burst Beyblades. We could all agree that using "Valtryek V2 D01 TA01" was both ugly and difficult to understand, so we're taking the hybrid route and listing the actual names of the parts, as we can verify they actually exist in Hasbro's marketing. This is clean and understandable, and should present at least some familiarity to Takara Tomy fans.

The other notable point is retaining all information on the same article. As a result of doing this, we're adding subheadings to certain articles to keep Hasbro and Takara Tomy information neatly organised.

Product Article Changes
The following changes will be applied to Product articles, such as Sets and Random Boosters:
  • Product article titles will continue to use their release names, regardless of Hasbro renames.
  • Beyblade names and parts will continue to use the new format that has been discussed within these articles.

Two very minor changes here. First, this means articles such as Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw will retain their original names, as no Hasbro equivalent of this set exists.

However, Hasbro terminology will still be enforced. This means that, on the Random Booster Vol. 1 Trident Heavy Claw, Trident Heavy Claw will be addressed as Treptune Heavy Claw, regardless of it's inclusion in the article title.

That wraps up the changes we'll be rolling out to the Wiki. It is a lot to take in, but we're confident that we've made the right choices to appeal to both readers and editors, and make the experience finding the articles you're looking for on the Wiki as smooth as possible.

As I've already said, some of you will not agree with certain choices here. If you have any questions or concerns, I ask that you please raise them now so we can discuss it properly. We've made choices based on what appeals to everyone and, if we've missed something, we certainly want to hear about it!

Thanks for your time guys! Please look forward to seeing these changes being rolled out shortly!
This is what I was waiting for actually ! Specially in the Part Article Changes Section as all the names would be changed as per the Hasbro Terminology but I guess as we will split into Hasbro And Takara Tomy Subheadings to provide a cleaner Layout or a Good Description then I guess we will mention the Takara Tomy Names for sure ? So in a article Hasbro Terminology will be enforced but also the Takara Tomy Names would be mentioned too.

Secondly ,
Mana Wrote:Beyblade Article Changes
The following changes affect all Burst Beyblade articles:
  • In co-ordination with changes to the part names, the following article structure will be followed: <Energy Layer> <Forge Disc> <Performance Tip> (e.g: Valtryek V2 Boost Variable)
  • Beyblade articles will not be split into Hasbro and Takara Tomy variants.
  • The following headings will receive Hasbro and Takara Tomy subheadings to split their content up: Variants, Gallery.
  • The opening paragraph of Beyblade articles will include both Hasbro and Takara Tomy details. As an example for the Valtryek V2 Boost Variable article:
  • The Beyblade Infobox will be updated to include variables for release dates in the following territories: Japan, Canada, US, EU.

The big change here is how we're addressing the naming of Burst Beyblades. We could all agree that using "Valtryek V2 D01 TA01" was both ugly and difficult to understand, so we're taking the hybrid route and listing the actual names of the parts, as we can verify they actually exist in Hasbro's marketing. This is clean and understandable, and should present at least some familiarity to Takara Tomy fans.

The other notable point is retaining all information on the same article. As a result of doing this, we're adding subheadings to certain articles to keep Hasbro and Takara Tomy information neatly organised.

I guess this is a good idea using a Hybrid Version Of Hasbro And Takara Tomy Names at the starting of the paragraph !

But I guess in the Product Article changes Section in which the changes will applied to Product Articles Such as Random Boosters Or Sets I really don't know if there's any need to apply The Hasbro Names there ?
I guess it might get confusing there to be honest.
I maybe wrong but it would surely be confusing in a way ! All This Products Like Random Boosters Or Sets are mostly released by Takara Tomy ( We have Seen Some sets in the past by Hasbro But to not that extent of what Takara Tomy Releases hah)
So I really don't know if we should apply the Hasbro terminology here also as I really don't see the need but I guess as we are applying it everywhere that's why we have to do this here too.
But that's Just my thought actually and No Offense to you Mana Or Anyone.

Cheers !!!
Burst.
I agree with most of the changes but why are we going to rename Victory Valkyrie to Valtryek V2 instead of Victory Valtryek? I think kids will call them by the names they've heared many times in the show and not by the name they've seen one time written an a box.
@[Burst]; you basically answered your own question there. It would be horribly inconsistent if we suddenly decided on some articles to not follow the Hasbro naming conventions that we're enforcing everywhere else. Given how we're handling the Beyblade articles anyway, it would also be hugely redundant to do it as well.

@[TL14]; The dub names for Beyblades do not reflect the names of the toys. It wouldn't be right for us to use them. That said, the fact that they're referred to with different names will certainly be mentioned in their articles.
(Oct. 02, 2016  1:28 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: @[Burst]; you basically answered your own question there. It would be horribly inconsistent if we suddenly decided on some articles to not follow the Hasbro naming conventions that we're enforcing everywhere else. Given how we're handling the Beyblade articles anyway, it would also be hugely redundant to do it as well.
For Sure ! I totally Understand that and that's why I mentioned that here and I appreciate how much efforts you and others have put into this and I will try to help in anything I can for the Handling Hasbro Beyblade Burst on Beyblade Wiki !
All very smart and well-considered decisions. Thanks for putting this together Mana Smile
I just received a huge number of notifications of articles I was watching on the Beyblade Wiki hah. Good to know that most of the pages are ready for the new audience now, thank you ~Mana~.

If I write any other Beyblade Burst articles though, I honestly cannot be bothered to spend too long to find the Hasbro equivalent of the Discs and Drivers. Is it possible to have a handy list of equivalence somewhere? Otherwise, I would just call the articles "Forge Disk - Vertical" and hopefully someone would rename it and the import at some point...
Aha, thanks. If I'm perfectly honest, I'm almost completely finished with the implementation. Spent the whole day doing it today (yes, I skipped university as well. Dedication at it's finest!), and I'm down to finishing up on the Drivers/Performance Tips and then renaming the remaining Beyblade and Set articles.

I've ran into that issue as well. I'm currently using Mitsu's news post for reference on the codes, as everything we currently know is on that post, but I'll be updating the List of Burst System parts article to include the codes as well Tongue_out

Where parts don't currently have codes, I've just left them as "Forge Disc - Magnum" etc.

EDIT: Parts list now includes the codes. Makes things easier Tongue_out

EDIT2: Okay, the implementation is pretty much complete now. Files need renaming, but that's about it now. Got a little carried away, I think... Chief - Sigh ...
I'm a little conflicted personally due to a few things; I really don't see Beyblade Burst surviving for very long in the west and most people seem to just buy Takara since it's more accessible this time around for the more casual of fans, not to mention cheaper in many cases and Takara's quality has definitely earned itself a great reputation in our community.

For the sake of respecting the source material I'd say to stick with the Takara names and their conventions, I doubt there'd be much confusion as the majority of posters from what I've seen refer to parts by their japanese names. It doesn't help that the Hasbro names are forgettable or just a combination of random letters/numbers in an almost arbitrary fashion.

That's just my take though, either way it's good that both sides are being archived, but I think the Takara names should be prioritized if anything.

The wiki's come a long way since I've been gone. I'd like to contribute soon once I figure out the formatting.
(Mar. 15, 2017  3:08 AM)SavatoEX Wrote: I'm a little conflicted personally due to a few things; I really don't see Beyblade Burst surviving for very long in the west and most people seem to just buy Takara since it's more accessible this time around for the more casual of fans, not to mention cheaper in many cases and Takara's quality has definitely earned itself a great reputation in our community.

For the sake of respecting the source material I'd say to stick with the Takara names and their conventions, I doubt there'd be much confusion as the majority of posters from what I've seen refer to parts by their japanese names. It doesn't help that the Hasbro names are forgettable or just a combination of random letters/numbers in an almost arbitrary fashion.

That's just my take though, either way it's good that both sides are being archived, but I think the Takara names should be prioritized if anything.

The wiki's come a long way since I've been gone. I'd like to contribute soon once I figure out the formatting.

Well, when we write about the TAKARA-TOMY parts, usually we will indeed be using the original names within an article, and will use the dub names for the rest. A surprising number of people even on this site enjoy the Beyblade Burst anime despite how trivial it is compared to previous Beyblade series, so while I agree with you on a personal level, I think that Beyblade Burst will last a few years at least in the west, and the dub is what most newbies will know.

For the Discs and Drivers though, although the names are used only in obscure contexts rather than on the damn boxes themselves, technically Hasbro does acknowledge the original names for those parts, so I believe that we decided to forget about those letters and numbers and just use the original names, or to mix both, at least.
I don't know where to post it so I'm sorry if it's the wrong thread. There's an error on the Beyblade Wikia. The last name for Kuza from Beyblade Burst God is Ackermann with two n. Ackerman with only one n is the American variant. Kuza is from Germany. Ackermann is German for Farmer btw. Smile
(Apr. 30, 2017  10:38 PM)TL14 Wrote: I don't know where to post it so I'm sorry if it's the wrong thread. There's an error on the Beyblade Wikia. The last name for Kuza from Beyblade Burst God is Ackermann with two n. Ackerman with only one n is the American variant. Kuza is from Germany. Ackermann is German for Farmer btw. Smile

That would go in the "Errors on Beywiki" topic or some other thread with a similar title. 

But how have official images showed the spelling?
(Apr. 30, 2017  11:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That would go in the "Errors on Beywiki" topic or some other thread with a similar title. 

But how have official images showed the spelling?

I couldn't find the Errors on BeyWiki thread. I haven't seen any official Text yet but in Germany the name Ackerman with one n is close to non existent.
I've heard quite a few complaints over the past few months from people trying to find information about several of the Beyblades, and how confusing it is that the wiki rules state that the Hasbro name must be used when describing the Takara-Tomy version of the part, when in reality they may not perform the same at all.

As ridiculous as this sounds: from this point forward, can we please use the Takara-Tomy names on the wiki when referring the Takara-Tomy version of the part? It might not be as good for SEO, but it's going to save a lot of confusion in the long run, especially with newer players that wonder why rocktavor keeps showing up on the winning combos list when the beyblade wikipedia said it was bad.
I’m not sure about hearing complaints, but I can agree with using the Takara-Tomy name when referencing that part. I had hoped this was self-explanatory when the whole Wiki is written based on the TT version, and articles have a “Differences in the Hasbro version” section as well, but apparently that isn’t the case.

To note, this doesn’t change the article naming, which will remain the same as before (for now).
Exactly: I thought it was already made clear that articles are written that way - you talk about Valkyrie when refering to the TAKARA-TOMY Layer. Which articles are not like this?
All of them, haha.
(Aug. 21, 2017  3:08 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: All of them, haha.

How did that happen? I am quite sure I would have only approved drafts that complied with that policy.
It's been that way on and off since last year. A lot of drafts submitted purely use the Hasbro names, despite referring to the TT versions.
(Aug. 21, 2017  3:24 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: It's been that way on and off since last year. A lot of drafts submitted purely use the Hasbro names, despite referring to the TT versions.

so basically u mean that hasbro names should be used for hasbro beys and tt names for tt beys? i mean like dark deathcyther should be called dark deathscyther and not dark doomscizor or doomscizro d2 and hasbro d2 should be called dark doomscizor or doomscizor d2?