Halo franchise

omg just tested the map with two random people and then guitar_legend

it's crazy bwahahaha

also guitar legend is hXc at this game jesus
yeah I played with both KoD and bugturtles today, fun stuff.
though my friend was over, and he was complaining alot about how small my TV is, so i would let him play on his own alot (hence leaving parties and signing out alot) so just wanted to apologize for that.

bugturtles your map is insane hahaha
(Aug. 17, 2008  7:34 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: yeah I played with both KoD and bugturtles today, fun stuff.
though my friend was over, and he was complaining alot about how small my TV is, so i would let him play on his own alot (hence leaving parties and signing out alot) so just wanted to apologize for that.

bugturtles your map is insane hahaha

No prob. My tv's small as well. I remember playing with 2 other friends here at the same time and the two lower screens were real tiny.
I played a few games together with your friend, plus a friend of mine. The thing is, while Rockstar and I are around the same skill levels, my friend is a 35/36. We went into TS and got all guys around 30 (and over for their highest skill) in this game, so we had a tough time. We probably should have went to Social instead, although I really don't like how much Shotty/Team Snipers shows up in it, I guess because I suck at it =(

Also, insane map? I have to try that one out bugturtles. We should all get together today.
yesyesyes

it's much more fun with more than two people
Let's set up a time then. Btw, are you in the US?
(Aug. 17, 2008  12:55 PM)King of Darkness Wrote: Let's set up a time then. Btw, are you in the US?

yes

however i cannot play atm and i can't play from 10 AM - 12/1/2 PM EST.

parents don't like me playing early in the morning (it's like 8 am right now lmao) and i have church hahaha

edit: we need a beywiki halo game night or something byaah
Yeah, although when it's night for you guys, it'll be way to late for me here =( Usually, i could be on after 10/10:30pm, which would be around 5pm for US. Sometimes, I'm on during afternoon for me, anywhere going from 3pm to 6pm, which would be around from 10am to 1pm. It's easier if we schedule a specific time though.
Double-post, but I just learned that GameVee lets you upload your Halo 3 videos directly from your File Share without the need to use a capture card, ect. Awesome, uh? =)
played some double exp grifball with evan

hahaha i am AMAZING with those touchdowns carp
So, I played with bugturtles yesterday on is crazy custom Foundry map:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/screen...d=50070280

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/screen...d=50070399
taking flight

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/screen...d=50070815
i am ironman

We played a game of Splatter Hill on Barrel Blaster (I mentioned this game some posts back) next. I didn't know, but you get kills (guardian kills) when your opponent gets splattered by the flying dumpsters, roadblocks, etc. This must be a mess and mad fun with more people.

Got to play 2 games with Artie yesterday in Social Slayer. Artie kicked carp in the second game with 21 kills.
I don't really like how on Highground, when you're a bit ahead of the beach and kill a guy, he then re-spawns behind you and not very far =(
Getting the IWHBYD skull is frustrating eklfjsk carp
(Aug. 20, 2008  7:17 PM)bugturtles Wrote: Getting the IWHBYD skull is frustrating eklfjsk carp

We'll get it done today hopefully. Besides messing with the AA Wraith yesterday, I still went on through the rest of the level and got the skull. I actually triggered the next checkpoint (when you get Cortana speaking) before doing it and it worked. I still can't ear any notes playing from the Halo theme song when I jump through the rings though.
^ I just sat back and let my friend get that skull for me ;x

I have the worst luck with the needler
I was trying to get some achievements and I must have played atleast 5 lone wolf games
As soon as I pick up the needler BOOM 3 guys from every angle completely rape me before I could get a shot off.

Does it count if you bash them or does it have to be from the needles ?
(Aug. 21, 2008  8:24 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: ^ I just sat back and let my friend get that skull for me ;x

I have the worst luck with the needler
I was trying to get some achievements and I must have played atleast 5 lone wolf games
As soon as I pick up the needler BOOM 3 guys from every angle completely rape me before I could get a shot off.

Does it count if you bash them or does it have to be from the needles ?

Are you doing the Pink Mist Achievement?

You can get this achievement on campaign.

Ah hahahaha carp KoD got the skull. Cortana and Halo are the last level we have to do on Legendary. Smile
^wtf
that would have helped alot hahahaha

Cortana is such a carp level, especially on legendary..have fun Wink
Haha, yeah you can get that one in Campaign =)

Cortana's a carp on Legendary. We can just run in some parts though lol If we really need (because of ammo issues, since that's really the biggest problem in Cortana, at least for me) we could always have 1 guy stand in the back, while the other continuously goes kamikaze on the flood.
Also, 1 more skull to go for bugturtles (also in Cortana). There's some tricky jumping involved.

And yeah, LW is kinda like that. Sometimes you just happen to be the guy in the middle of all the mess =/
Two for One was such a pain in the carp... Playing Legendary Brawl is your best bet, but you'd have to wait until it's a Double EXP weekend again. Most of the FFA achievements have more to do with great amounts of luck rather than actual skill.
Team Snipers is the Double EXP playlist this weekend, and you'll need Legendary and Heroic map packs.

Also I'm getting better with the laser. Much more accurate etc.

Good thing it was on Sandtrap Heavy in a BTB playlist lol
heavy is in the playlists so much now, I love it.

I somehow take advantage of the chaotic-ness rather then loose my mind from being killed from lasers left and right.
My friend got a 26 killstreak in a gauss warthog I was driving, that gun is so cheap hahaha
The only 2 RBTB games I played yesterday were both Standoff Heavy =) I've yet to get Sandtrap and Avalanche Heavy.
It kinda feels like it's a new map for me, with all of those weapons there. I mean, I'm still not sure how to play it. The first time, I went into the Gauss Hog to try it out and got 7 straight kills before getting lasered. The other 3 times I just tried to stay in the back lasering guys. I don't die so much, but I end up not getting many kills either. But with 4 lasers on that map, it does make it hard to use vehicles and Standoff isn't very big.

I really wanna use the Scorpion in Sandtrap and Avalanche though. I think it's not as good in Valhalla, since you don't have as much room, so I just stuck with lasering guys there as well.
Sandtrap is HUGE and it's absolutely fantastic with a Heavy variant.

Big Team Slayer is hectic there. People either pair up on a Mongoose or Warthog, or go on the Chopper or go on foot alone.

Lots of Spartan Lasers around, so you can see the beams trying to find the target.

Someone drove their Elephant into ours and apparently we had a battle of the Elephants for like 4 minutes lmao

12 Laser kills, but someone took the Gauss the whole time so I couldn't use it ;( (at least on foot you're a smaller target)
heavy on Avalanche would be amazing. I dont believe its in the rotation for big team though, which sucks

Sandtrap heavy is aloootta fun though. I usually run around on foot with a lazer, aiming for warthogs most of the time. Only takes 1 hit for a Warthog, where tanks take up to 4 I think.

I was watching a replay after a heavy game on Sandtrap with a friend, at the time we were both in a guass warthog. I was looking around with the camera as we were chasing down another gauss warthog. He actually killed us, but out of nowhere this mongoose comes along with a passanger carrying a bruteshot. They go full speed at the guass warthog who was now moving away, and hadn't seen them. He starts unleashing on them and they go flying through the air, by the time they land the mongoose is already right behind them and he blows the thing up. THEN he goes on and takes down ANOTHER gauss warthog.

it was so epic, mongooses should be feared.
Awesome, that remembers me of that epic Goostage video.
I've heard about Avalanche Heavy being in it and you can see here, but since not everybody has the Legendary map pack, it's unlikely to show up =(

I joined GameVee and uploaded a Halo 3 video clip yesterday to try it out:

http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/...Hog/681966

That happened in a custom game with bugturtles where I was showing him weapon locations for Standoff Heavy and then we just started messing around. I know the Chopper's fire does really well at flipping Warthogs over and I had seen a Mongoose get trashed just from the impact, but I had never seen that happen to a Hog with a single hit.

Anyone check the latest Bungie Weekly Update? Some big changes about to happen come September:

Quote:Before we drill into the playlist specific changes, here’s the list of changes that will affect all of matchmaking.

* Added Epilogue – Epitaph with no Shield Doors. Added alongside default variant.
* Added Boundless – Snowbound with reduced Shield Doors. Added alongside default variant.
* Added Sand Tarp – Sandtrap sans Elephants, default team spawns switched in one-sided games. Added alongside default map variant.
* Added Pit Stop – The Pit with inaccessible spawn hives. Added alongside default map variant.
* Ghost Town – No longer appears in any symmetrical gametype.
* Team Slayer – Spawning configuration in default Team Slayer now includes a secondary weapon – the magnum
* Shishka is shuffling up the existing suite of playlists, moving things around, deleting others and adding some new playlists.

Ranked Playlists

Lone Wolves

* Player count increases from six players to 8 players.

Team Objective

* Crazy King Hill times increased to one minute. Hill Movement set to Sequence (was Random).

Team Doubles

* This playlist now requires ALL content (Cold Storage, Legendary and Heroic maps are being used in Team Doubles)
* Objective Gametypes have had their appearance frequency reduced.
* Crazy King Hill times increased to one minute. Hill Movement set to Sequence (was Random).

Ranked Big Team Battle

* This playlist is retired.

Introducing Squad Battle

* Squad Battle is a Ranked six on six Playlist designed to fill some of the void left by excising Ranked Big Team Battle from the Halo 3 Playlists. Squad Battle gametypes are focused on Slayer and Capture the Flag and this playlist currently requires the Heroic Map Pack.

Social Playlists

Big Team Social

Rocket Race

Multi Team

* Rocket Race has been added to the gametypes and set with a low weighting.

DLC Playlists

Since Big Team was cut from Social, eight on eight action is reborn in the overhauled DLC playlists section of Matchmaking. DLC Slayer and Objective are both retired. These playlists require Halo 3 Downloadable Content (at least up through Legendary, but in the case of FFA, it requires all DLC) to participate.

DLC FFA

* This is an eight-player Free For All hopper focused on DLC content. The gametypes contained herein are a mix of Slayer, Objective and Infection modes.

DLC Big Team

* Eight on eight Social Slayer and Objective action (Gametypes from Big Team Social)
* Focused on DLC content (Requires both Heroic and Legendary Map Packs)

Hardcore Playlists

Team SWAT

* Objective Gametypes, SWATGuns set to skip after veto
* Weighting on all Objective games, SWATGuns and Magnums reduced
* Player Damage Resistance set to 150% (was 200%), players no longer spawn with grenades
* SWAT map variants now have Carbines and grenades available to pick up.

Head to Head

Yup, enjoy RBTB/SBTB while you can. At least there'll be DLC Big Team and I'm looking forward to Squad Battle. I hope we can find matches quicker now.
Head to Head....yeah, carp that carp.
DLC FFA....not a big fan of FFA, but I might hop in occasionally if there's a chance for Infection games.

Now if only they would change the skill system so I didn't have to go into Team Swat, etc, with my 3 skill and have to take on a team full of guys around 40 highest skill...
Well those changes are both good and bad

Good:

-8 Players in Lone Wolf could be a double edge blade. Sure, more targets, but its gonna be a lot harder.
Achievements may be easier to get now.
-Team Doubles will be getting new maps. It should be a good break from the regular maps.
-Some level variants may be fun
-Head to Head is gone (I tried it last night, I thought it was stupid because your opponent could see where you are if your winning, giving him a big advantage..so much for being sneaky)
-Rocket Race is gone (I didn't find it that fun)

Bad:
-Big Team Social was fun. Unhappy

I dont quite understand some of the level variants though. Anyone want to explain Sand Tarp, Pit Stop and Ghost Town?
(Aug. 23, 2008  9:22 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: I dont quite understand some of the level variants though. Anyone want to explain Sand Tarp, Pit Stop and Ghost Town?

Sand Tarp, like they explained on the BWU:

"A new, Elephant-less version of Sandtrap, called Sand Tarp, will also appear in Matchmaking. In one-sided games Shishka has also flipped the attacking and defending side of the map – so instead of having to pull the flag out of the impenetrable crypt, the attacking team will spawn in the crypts and have to work their way to the downed Albatross side of the map."

Pit Stop...I think you can't access those top rooms, I mean, spawn in them? Yeah, people would just camp there in Snipers games.

Ghost Town is an asymmetric map, therefore, it should only have asymmetric gametypes like 1 Flag or 1 Bomb. Multi-Flag was bad for the team that had their base out in the open for example, but now it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, to Artie, Ommy and Ryan, sorry about today but the game didn't let me join =( I kept getting this message: "The party may have an incompatible network setup. Your setting is MODERATE NAT, which can be less compatible."
I don't know what's wrong. I never changed my settings and I never had this happen on me before. After getting that, I couldn't check "Party Details" either for some reason.
I had a RBTB match after you guys left. When it ended, some guy I played with invited me to play on a custom game with him, but once again I couldn't join and got that same message.
^Ohh that makes alot of sense. thanks Smile

i declined a few invites today because i was working on getting some achievements on lone wolfs,
along with trying to get my 40 in doubles. sorry Unhappy