Halo franchise

yeah i kinda forgot. sounds like i didnt miss much.
Anyone up for some games this Saturday/Sunday? Custom, matchmaking or campaign, we just need to schedule right because of time zones. I know there's around a 5 hour difference between here and the US, but I don't know how much it is for Canada.

Also, wanna cut someone up bugturtles? Go play Grifball, this weeks Double EXP hopper, and carp the Sword =) Try spawn camping the other team and earn yourself a few multikill medals.

Anyone here got the Barrel Blaster Foundry map variant and Splatter Hill Gametype? It's fun to play. Basically, there's a single unmoving hill, high up in the middle of the map, you loose points for every second you're not inside it and all players spawn with shotguns. Here's the fun part, there'll be dumpsters containers, roadblocks, etc, flying all over the place while you're inside the hill, so you'll have to try and avoid getting splattered or thrown out of the hill while keeping an eye on your opponents.
I'm game for Sat/Sun.

how exactly do you play griffball
(Aug. 15, 2008  1:06 PM)bugturtles Wrote: I'm game for Sat/Sun.

how exactly do you play griffball

It's a gametype variant of neutral assault, 4 on 4, in a Foundry map variant (soccer field shape). Every player has both the Gravity Hammer and Energy Sword with unlimited ammo. The player that picks up the bomb/grifball turns orange and gets slightly faster. You score by planting the bomb in the other teams base, opposite of yours. The bomb also detonates as soon as you score, killing everyone nearby. Check this:

http://www.grifball.com/howto.php

You can download the map and gametype variants to play in custom games as well.
So you can just run in there holding it, or can you use the hammer to put it in the goal too?
You have to run there to score, with the help of your teammates. You can also get melee kills with the bomb, but it's risky to go in charging on your own.
You can also have a teammate hammer your bomb holder, but not directly, to launch you up in the air and into the goal to score, but that's tricky to do.
played some grifball earlier this morning

man carp that carp
(Aug. 15, 2008  5:42 PM)bugturtles Wrote: played some grifball earlier this morning

man carp that carp

If you mean swinging/slashing with the Hammer/Sword and despite hitting them first almost every damn time, still ending up the dead one, then yeah, carp that carp. That's why I haven't played Grifball the last few times it was a Double EXP hopper.

Also, did you have to leave for something earlier today? You didn't join us =(

I got Standoff Heavy Slayer on RBTB today. carp crazy. You spend the entire match hearing lasers firing and things blowing up all over the place. There's like, 4 lasers, 2 Banshees, 2 standard Hogs, 2 Gauss Hogs, 2 Choppers, 2 Beam Rifles, 2 Rocket launchers.
I was at the base near the cliff behind some boxes (where the Banshee spawns) lasering stuff. My friend died and spawned behind me, which I didn't notice, then just as I'm about to fire the thing, he runs in front of me and gets betrayed lol Good thing it wasn't someone else or I might've gotten booted from the game.
^i've betrayed like a dozen team mates because they run infront of me.
best one was on vanhalla where I was sniping this guy across the map (he was at the crashed pelican)
and out of carp nowhere my teammate flies by on a mongoose and i shoot him in the head as im about to kill the guy i was aiming at.
it was in mid-air too, probably my most epic fail on halo..ever.
(Aug. 15, 2008  10:13 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: ^i've betrayed like a dozen team mates because they run infront of me.
best one was on vanhalla where I was sniping this guy across the map (he was at the crashed pelican)
and out of carp nowhere my teammate flies by on a mongoose and i shoot him in the head as im about to kill the guy i was aiming at.
it was in mid-air too, probably my most epic fail on halo..ever.

hahaha, what're you talking about, that sounds like it must've been awesome. Halo is made up of amazing epic fail moments like that lol

So, does anyone want to get some games going tomorrow?
(Aug. 15, 2008  9:41 PM)King of Darkness Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2008  5:42 PM)bugturtles Wrote: played some grifball earlier this morning

man carp that carp

If you mean swinging/slashing with the Hammer/Sword and despite hitting them first almost every damn time, still ending up the dead one, then yeah, carp that carp. That's why I haven't played Grifball the last few times it was a Double EXP hopper.

Also, did you have to leave for something earlier today? You didn't join us =(

My internet connection died out for a while Unhappy

I saved the Foundry variant I've been working on Forge. Hopefully it's a good map for Team Slayer and Slayer. Anyone want to test? Lots of people will be much better.

Played some Griffball and now I'm up to Lt. lmao.

It's good when you have a team that either you know everyone or a completely kick-carp team. One game I got 4 detonations YEAH
(Aug. 15, 2008  10:58 PM)bugturtles Wrote: I saved the Foundry variant I've been working on Forge. Hopefully it's a good map for Team Slayer and Slayer. Anyone want to test? Lots of people will be much better.

Sure man, I'm up for it. Is it a symmetric or asymmetric map? Besides TS, can you play objective games in it? I guess the spawns and weapon placement should be the top things to check for.
Anyone else so we know when to do this?
(Aug. 16, 2008  11:22 AM)King of Darkness Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2008  10:58 PM)bugturtles Wrote: I saved the Foundry variant I've been working on Forge. Hopefully it's a good map for Team Slayer and Slayer. Anyone want to test? Lots of people will be much better.

Sure man, I'm up for it. Is it a symmetric or asymmetric map? Besides TS, can you play objective games in it? I guess the spawns and weapon placement should be the top things to check for.

I have no idea what symmetric or asymmetric mean in Halo 3 lmao

No objective games, it's a map purely for killing people.
(Aug. 16, 2008  1:08 PM)bugturtles Wrote:

Symmetric means that the map is basically the same on both sides. For instance, Valhalla. You have two bases on each side of the map that are mostly identical.

An Asymmetric map would be something like High Ground, where the map is completely different structurally on each side of the map.
(Aug. 16, 2008  4:50 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2008  1:08 PM)bugturtles Wrote:

Symmetric means that the map is basically the same on both sides. For instance, Valhalla. You have two bases on each side of the map that are mostly identical.

An Asymmetric map would be something like High Ground, where the map is completely different structurally on each side of the map.

Oh, okay.

Then it's asymmetric.

Going to try to experiment more in Foundry with Forge, but it gives me motion sickness over time. Unhappy
Im sure there are so hardcore halo fans in her so what can, you guys tell me about the last halo did you like it at all i heard the ending could have been way better and the story like sucked. Is this true at all because i did not play the game all the way through because i felt bungie did not make any improvements.
uhhh it's hard to understand your post but okay i'll give it a shot

campaign was nothing really special to me. ending kinda was a cliffhanger and it really makes you want more (basically)

no improvements? are you kidding? forge and dlc are the best. armor permutations etc

multiplayer is probably the only reason to get this game (and to kill people)
Lol kill people heh yea i know thats why halo 2 was so great online but what i ment to say about the improvements is that i wish they could have done, a hell of a lot more, come bungie a great gaming company some of the halo 3 graphics in my opinion, stlll looked like halo 2, I was really disappointed at bungie when halo 3 came out.

I don't know why the ending was like that but thats dumb i know i did not here anything about a new halo being made have you bug?? If so can you link the the website you found the info on, but if another halo come out, I only wish bungie willl blow ot all the stops, I know bungie has more to give on halo.
(Aug. 16, 2008  6:53 PM)bugturtles Wrote: no improvements? are you kidding? forge and dlc are the best. armor permutations etc

This.

Don't forget the screenshot tool and the saved films. I realize these have been around in PC games forever, but Halo 3 was the first game to do it on console and to do it in a Web 2.0 kind of way where you could send and receive films/screens to and from your friends. The Forge is probably the most innovative thing to be implemented in a console shooter since, well... Shooters on console. Level editors have been around for a long time, but Forge in Halo 3 is completely different in that you and up to 3 of your friends can edit a level together in real time and jump right into play-testing the level at any time. Doesn't sound like much in words, but when you actually use Forge for the first time I think you'll realize just how powerful and awesome a tool it is. Being able to share the levels you make online in a cohesive environment just makes it that much more awesome.

But yeah, the campaign was kind of a take it or leave it thing. I personally thought it was a great way to end the trilogy and thought the plot had enough twists and turns to keep it interesting. The combat in the game also honestly feels much more like there is a war going on due to the fact that there are now so many more enemies on screen and the battles you get into are often very large scale.

Fighting the Scarab the first time on the Mongeese was intense. I'm playing through the game again on Legendary with Artie and Ommy and its still fun. But really, Halo was never a Campaign oriented franchise; its always been about the multi-player, the solid single player they included was just icing on the cake.

I also find it pretty remarkable that almost after a year I am still playing Halo 3 and I am still as enthusiastic about it as I was last November when it released. Not a lot of games have that sort of long-term appeal.
Hahaha I forgot about screenshots and saved films for a second there.

It's great that you can upload your screens to bungie.net and share them with your friends (they also make good signature ammo hahaha).

Saved films is AMAZING especially when you want to see your awesome moments. I saved a film of my first overkill, where I pretty much melee'd everyone on my path.

Agreed with the campaign bits. If you play through the campaign on Legendary, even on Heroic or Normal, there are a lot of enemies to kill in one area (see: Rampant, Cortana, etc). The Flood don't really help this, but it is a VERY good challenge.

While I want to know what happens to Chief after Halo 3, I would rather just read a book or something about the canon.
(Aug. 16, 2008  7:11 PM)bugturtles Wrote: Hahaha I forgot about screenshots and saved films for a second there.

It's great that you can upload your screens to bungie.net and share them with your friends (they also make good signature ammo hahaha).

Saved films is AMAZING especially when you want to see your awesome moments. I saved a film of my first overkill, where I pretty much melee'd everyone on my path.

Agreed with the campaign bits. If you play through the campaign on Legendary, even on Heroic or Normal, there are a lot of enemies to kill in one area (see: Rampant, Cortana, etc). The Flood don't really help this, but it is a VERY good challenge.

While I want to know what happens to Chief after Halo 3, I would rather just read a book or something about the canon.

Heroic is honestly the best way to experience the campaign. Its challenging enough without being infuriating with its difficulty. I think its the way the developers wanted the game to be played.

There are going to be more Halo games, without a doubt. Whether or not we see a continuation of Master Chief's story, however, is sort of up in the air right now. But seeing as how Master Chief is Microsoft's "mascot" character for the Xbox, I am willing to bet we will see his return at some point or another.
I would seriously go out and buy a book if it had canon pertaining to Chief.

That said, the only thing I want changed or didn't like is some parts of Forge. It would be much easier if you used a mouse and keyboard combo rather than continuously changing angles and rotating with just a stick.

This is probably because I modded Halo Combat Evolved maps using this method, but it was much easier to make maps as compared to Forge's use of controller.

It would definitely give me more ease and allow me to make my maps much more easily, comfortably, and probably even faster.
(Aug. 16, 2008  7:17 PM)bugturtles Wrote: I would seriously go out and buy a book if it had canon pertaining to Chief.

That said, the only thing I want changed or didn't like is some parts of Forge. It would be much easier if you used a mouse and keyboard combo rather than continuously changing angles and rotating with just a stick.

This is probably because I modded Halo Combat Evolved maps using this method, but it was much easier to make maps as compared to Forge's use of controller.

It would definitely give me more ease and allow me to make my maps much more easily, comfortably, and probably even faster.

I'm sure Bungie would love to enable mouse and key support, but that's not in their control. Microsoft has a really strict policy with where and how key and mouse can be used on the console.

Right now its strictly limited to menu browsing on the dashboard/live marketplace.
Ok everyone knows about bungie going all platform right? Well what do you all think bungies games will be for the other systems?
(Aug. 17, 2008  2:33 AM)Dranzer206 Wrote: Ok everyone knows about bungie going all platform right? Well what do you all think bungies games will be for the other systems?

Well considering that Microsoft has a 3 game 'veto' policy, I doubt it's going to be this generation at all.

And they didn't go 'all platform'. They just became independent from MS, but said they would predominately develop for MS.